President Bush full remarks at Bush Institute Summit

Valin

UCb--64Gl51jIEVE-GLDAVTg

Oct 19, 2017

Former President George W. Bush delivers remarks "The Spirit of Liberty: At Home, In The World" at the Bush Institute Summit in New York City.

1 hour ago, Valin said:
UCb--64Gl51jIEVE-GLDAVTg

Oct 19, 2017
:o "No" I'm not shocked, not a word from him for eight years now the Establishment wants to vent without calling Trumps name.

Former President George W. Bush delivers remarks "The Spirit of Liberty: At Home, In The World" at the Bush Institute Summit in New York City.

Torturer-in-Chief Turned Savior of Freedom?

35 MIN AGO James Bovard

Former President George W. Bush gave a speech yesterday implicitly slamming President Donald Trump for dragging down democracy. Bush told political cronies and other attendees: “We are gathered in the cause of liberty this is a unique moment.” He assured listeners that freedom “should be the defining commitment of our country, and the hope of the world.” Bush invoked the “high ideals” of our nation, declaring, “We become the heirs of James Madison by understanding the genius and values of the U.S. Constitution.”

After the speech, much of the media exalted Bush as if he were the second coming of George Washington. Twitter showcased the spiel with an unusual summary in its “trending tweets” lineup - "George W. Bush gve a powerful speech on democracy, freedom, and American values."

If Bush had never been president, it would be easier to understand the adulation. But Bush was one of the most disastrous, authoritarian presidents in modern American history. Bush committed more abuses of power than could be recounted in anything less than a book. But there was one issue which should forever define Bush in Americans’ memory.     :snip: https://mises.org/blog/torturer-chief-turned-savior-freedom

Wow this writer has so much hate in him it's Unbelievable, about the author

WORKS PUBLISHED IN The AustrianSpeeches and PresentationsThe Free Market

James Bovard is the author of ten books, including 2012’s Public Policy Hooligan, and 2006’s Attention Deficit Democracy. He has written for the New York TimesWall Street JournalPlayboyWashington Post, and many other publications.

40 minutes ago, Draggingtree said:

Torturer-in-Chief Turned Savior of Freedom?

35 MIN AGO James Bovard

Yet One More Reason I Seldom Take Mises Institute Seriously...Particularly On Foreign Affairs.

I would also add our friends in the Ever Trumper community have their panties in a bunch...How dare any one say anything critical (veiled or otherwise) about the great and powerful Trump!!!

George W. Bush Drops His Mask on Russian Election Collusion and Globalism

By Judi McLeod

Former President George W. Bush—whose lips remained forever sealed during the eight long years that Barack Hussein Obama was uninterruptedly fundamentally transforming America—threw his weight on the no-evidence conspiracy that the Russians stole the election from Hillary Clinton, today. :snip: 

28 minutes ago, Valin said:

Yet One More Reason I Seldom Take Mises Institute Seriously...Particularly On Foreign Affairs.

I would also add our friends in the Ever Trumper community have their panties in a bunch...How dare any one say anything critical (veiled or otherwise) about the great and powerful Trump!!!

pissonZero_27sflag-734237.gifI would also add our friends in the Ever Trumper community have their panties in a bunch...How dare any one say anything critical (veiled or otherwise) about the great and powerful Trump!!!

4 hours ago, Draggingtree said:

IMG_5976.JPG

I don't remember a President that I or everyone else agreed with 100% - GHW, GW, Reagan. Not everyone agreed with everything they did (and I'm talking about Republicans, not the press) and they voiced their opinions about it. It seems that you get raked over the coals for disagreeing with anything this President says or does.  

• Like 2