The Charles Manson Cult Cult

Draggingtree

The Charles Manson Cult Cult

By BombThrowers --Tina Trent

trent091317.jpg

A parole board in California has recommended parole for Manson cult killer Leslie Van Houten, 69, who participated in the murders of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca in 1969. Now it is up to California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) to decide if he will accept or reject the parole board’s recommendation that Van Houten be freed.

Radical Chic Redux

By Esther Goldberg| September 18, 2017

Leslie Van Houten was a member of the Charlie Manson “family,” an infamous cult of unrepentant monsters devoted to orgies of sex, torture, and murder. In 1969, the 19-year-old Van Houten plunged a knife into Rosemary LaBianca 14 times. Van Houten made sure the last thing Rosemary witnessed before she died was the murder of her husband, Leno, by the Manson gang.

A Los Angeles jury sentenced Van Houten to death, but California law subsequently commuted her sentence to life in prison. Recently, a parole board recommended that she be freed, in large part due to decades of efforts on her behalf by Left-wing academics such as  Karlene Faith, a professor at the University of California, Santa Cruz’s “History of Consciousness” department, who thinks Van Houten has something to teach us. “I believe we need to pay attention to her.

Faith was preceded in the HistCon Department by Angela Davis, a stunningly beautiful African-American woman who had the distinction of being the third female to make  the FBI’s 10 Most-Wanted List. A Black Panther and Communist activist,     :snip: https://amgreatness.com/2017/09/18/radical-chic-redux/

Opinion: Leslie Van Houten participated in a killing that terrorized Southern California. She should stay in prison.

To the editor: Van Houten is quoted as saying, “I could not have lived without paying for what I did,” to which Deutsch replies, “But she has paid.”

Really? What is a fair price to pay for the vicious stabbing of LaBianca, even after she was probably dead?

Van Houten’s prison behavior was reported as being exemplary, and she has helped and counseled other prisoners. But is that really a fair price to pay? Or was Van Houten’s crime so horrifying an act as to be beyond redemption?

I hope Brown will ask LaBianca family members and loved ones if Van Houten has paid a fair price before he makes his decision whether to block her parole.

Harvey Barkan, Studio City