Mike Rowe DESTROYS Facebook Commenter Who Called Him a 'White Supremacist'

Valin

mike-rowe-destroys-facebook-commenter-who-called-emily-zanotti

"I have no idea what The White Nationalists think about my efforts... My question is, why do you?"

Emily Zanotti

August 23 017

Dirty Jobs and The Way I Heard It podcast host Mike Rowe does not take kindly to Facebook commenters who suggest he might have sympathy for "white supremacists," one unfortunate fellow discovered Wednesday morning.

In what can only be described as a "total floor-wiping" posted to the social media network, Rowe absolutely destroyed a man named Chuck Adkins who suggested that Rowe favored a sort-of anti-intellectualism, and was too afraid to confront a difficult political issue because Rowe feared alienating his fan base.

Chuck wrote:

One of the tenants of white nationalism is that college educated people are academic elitests. Comment? No? I’m not surprised. You never take a political stand because you don’t want to alienate anybody. Its bad for business. I get it. But there is a current of anti intellectualism in this country – promoted by Republicans. Those people love you, and they think your initiative is their initiative. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is kickin our ass academically.

And that's when Rowe brought the pain, though he started off with a concession — that his critic was, well, kind of right.

Since we’re being candid, allow me to say how much I dislike your post. Everything about it annoys me – your smug and snarky tone, your appalling grammar, your complete lack of evidence to support your claims, and of course, the overarching logical fallacy that informs your entire position. What really bugs me though, is the fact that you’re not entirely wrong. It’s true; I haven’t shared any political opinions this week, in part anyway, because doing so might very well be "bad for business." [/i\

(Snip)

Finally, Rowe drives it home.

In other words, Chuck, I have no idea what The White Nationalists think about my efforts, or the Republicans, the Democrats, the elitists, the Italians, the Presbyterians, the unions, or the self-proclaimed anti-intellectuals. And really, I couldn’t care less. My question is, why do you? Mike

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

:thumbup:...:thumbup:...:thumbup:

“White Nationalist” Is just Another Word for “Poopyhead”

V the K at 9:14 am - August 24, 2017.

There’s been discuss and debate on these pages about the meaning of “alt-right.” The actual meaning of this term was made clear to me when a member of the Progressive Left called Mike Rowe a “white nationalist.” I realized what “white nationalist” and its cousins “alt-right,” “white supremacist” and “Nazi” mean in contemporary parlance.

They mean nothing. They signify that a Progressive leftist hates you, but the words themselves have no intrinsic meaning. Leftists argue at the level of schoolchildren on a playground. Namecalling is their primary technique, and when a leftist (a word with a defined meaning) calls someone a “white nationalist” or “Nazi” it means no more than a six-year-old calling a grown-up a “poopyhead.”

And yet, their childish name-calling is curiously effective. It immediately compels most Republicans and conservatives to insist “I am not an alt-right nationalist.” They may as well be proclaiming “I am not a poopyhead” for all its worth. Worse, they think the way to prove they’re not a “poopyhead” is to concede some ground to the person calling them a poopyhead. (“And I strongly denounce poopyheads and their divisive culture of hate.”)

I don’t really get this reaction. “Oh, no! Someone who despises me, hates everything I value, and is utterly incapable of intelligent debate just called me a name. I must immediately deny that I am this name she called me and prove that I am not by conceding some of my beliefs in favor of hers.”

(Snip)

• 2 months later...