The Trouble with the ‘Third Sex’ on Driver’s Licenses

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

The Trouble with the ‘Third Sex’ on Driver’s Licenses

'There are reasons we have gender classifications in our society — it's to protect people, not hamper them'

by Matthew Wadler | Updated 22 Jun 2017 at 9:52 PM

Page: 2

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any crazier, NBC News recently published a story entitled “Lawmakers in New York, D.C., Propose Third Sex on Driver’s Licenses.”

To save you the trouble of reading it, the article is as crazy as it would appear by the title. Felix Ortiz, New York assistant speaker of the House, has proposed a bill that allows people to mark X instead of the traditional male or female sex. He stated, “Our governmental agencies should reflect the society we live in … While this change may seem small, it is a step forward to change the rigid mindset often faced by many today … Having an ID and paperwork that recognizes the full spectrum of our humanity will be a huge step toward full LGBTQ rights.” :snip: http://www.lifezette.com/momzette/trouble-third-sex-on-drivers-licenses/

Heck....   Looking at people in certain areas around town....  I'm not sure that "X" doesn't better describe them.   

• Like 1

Draggingtree
20 hours ago, NCTexan said:

Heck....   Looking at people in certain areas around town....  I'm not sure that "X" doesn't better describe them.   

Amen, Amen

1 hour ago, Draggingtree said:

Amen, Amen

Don't know about your "neck of the woods"...   But this isn't too far from what I've seen around here lately.

cantina_denizens_4.jpg

On 6/28/2017 at 11:17 AM, NCTexan said:

Don't know about your "neck of the woods"...   But this isn't too far from what I've seen around here lately.

cantina_denizens_4.jpg

Picture of our last family reunion :P

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Picture of our last family reunion :P

I thought I recognized you...  but the picture is kinda small.

• Like 1