Child rapist Roman Polanski would like to return to Los Angeles

Valin

child-rapist-roman-polanski-would-like-tHot Air:

Jazz Shaw

March 11, 2017

Back when Donald Trump was being inaugurated as the 45th President I suggested one possible item to add to his lengthy to do list after taking office. While I’m sure it was nowhere near the top of his agenda, it seemed to me that a nice opening gambit would be to make arrangements for the extradition of convicted pedophile child rapist Roman Polanski, reserving a nice comfortable prison cell in the United States for him to spend the rest of his unnatural life in. We haven’t seen any indication thus far that this is a problem which the president has found time to tackle, but the possibility may be something which is on Polanski’s mind. This week his attorneys announced that he may be willing to return to Los Angeles and face justice, providing the “justice” in question doesn’t involve him going to jail. (Deadline)

(Snip)

Polanski served what essentially amounted to the equivalent of absolutely no time behind for his crimes. He has already confessed to having drugged, raped and sodomized a 13-year-old child. What person in their right mind (outside of some of the Hollywood elites who still seem to love him for some reason) could possibly hear the details of the story and think that justice had in any way been served? Polanski is nearing the end of his life and one of the few regrets that he has is no doubt the fact that he has missed so many fabulous parties and award shows on the West Coast. I’m sure he would like nothing better than to have his horrific past wiped clean from his slate, allowing him to join the jet set out in Hollywood during his final years.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I'm thinking...

Pelicanbay630.jpg

His New Best Friend?

65277-full.jpg

• 2 years later...

AFP: Woman accuses Roman Polanski of raping her in 1975 when she was 18

Nov. 8 2019

A Frenchwoman has accused Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski of raping her in a Swiss ski resort when she was a teenager.

It is the latest accusation against the Polish-born director who fled from the US to France in 1978 after admitting the statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl.

The 86-year-old has been a fugitive ever since from the US justice system, despite repeated attempts to have him extradited. His new film on the persecution of French Jewish army officer Alfred Dreyfus, J’accuse, premieres next week.

Valentine Monnier told Le Parisien newspaper that the alleged rape occurred in 1975, when she was 18, at Polanski’s chalet in Gstaad.

“I had no links with him, neither personal nor professional, and hardly knew him,” Monnier, a former model who worked in New York, said.

She said the alleged rape was “extremely violent”, adding: “He pummelled me until I gave in and then raped me, making me do all sorts of things.”

(Snip)

______________________________________________________________________________________

What does Hollywood's reverence for child rapist Roman Polanski tell us?

Mon 20 Aug 2018 04.07 EDT

(Snip)

The facts have never altered. What has changed is how this case is discussed in the public sphere. For a long time, the simple – and somewhat simplistic - divide was that while people in mainland Europe viewed Polanski as a tragic artist undone by US prurience and corruption, Americans saw him, as he put it in his autobiography, as “an evil, profligate dwarf”. But, in truth, for many British and US actors, working with Polanski never lost its cachet, and arguably had even more once he became excluded from the US mainstream. Sigourney Weaver, Harrison Ford, Johnny Depp, Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, Kate Winslet and many more have appeared in Polanski movies in the decades since his conviction, and questions about why they were working with a convicted child rapist were seen as tacky, proof of a rigid mind more focused on gossip than art. When Winslet was asked last September whether she had any qualms about working with Woody Allen, another director accused (but, unlike Polanski, never arrested and never charged) of a sex crime against a minor, she replied: “Having thought it all through, you put it to one side and just work with the person. Woody Allen is an incredible director. So is Roman Polanski. I had an extraordinary working experience with both of those men, and that’s the truth.”

(Snip)