Unacceptable (Again)

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Unacceptable (Again)

completely_unacceptable.pngBack in the day, “crime is down” was the favorite utterance of many. Now with the late 90s violence levels back in fashion, “unacceptable” is the phrase of choice. First it was Rahm two months back, now it’s the new Super:

“Confronted with the bloodiest weekend in Chicago since being named police superintendent six weeks ago, Eddie Johnson on Monday called the gun violence “completely unacceptable” and said the dozens of shootings highlight “the uphill battle” confronting police.

[…]

At an unrelated news conference Monday on the city’s Southwest Side, Johnson brought up the Mother’s Day weekend violence himself in his prepared remarks. He focused his remarks on how much of the bloodshed is being driven by about 1,300 individuals on the Police Department’s “strategic subject list” — those believed to be most prone to violence as a victim or offender.

About 78 percent of the homicide victims and about 84 percent of the nonfatal shooting victims this weekend were on the list, he said.”

There is no point in rewording what we said two months ago – “The unacceptable will become the accepted – crime will rise, taxes will go up, the same losers will get elected promising the same crap all while maladjusted jagoffs acceptingly terrorize neighborhoods.”

Look for the next “unacceptable” around Memorial Day and most definitely after the annual July 4th shitshow leaves 80-100 ventilated.

Draggingtree
HeyJackass!

Illustrating Chicago Values

May to Date
Shot & Killed: 25
Shot & Wounded: 101
Total Shot: 126
Total Homicides: 26

Week in Progress (5/8 – 5/14)
Shot & Killed: 10
Shot & Wounded: 22
Total Shot: 32
Total Homicides: 11

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 193
Shot & Wounded: 1060
Total Shot: 1253
Total Homicides: 217

Scissors-32x32.png

@Pepper, we live in a world of sin, so my expectation is not zero. However, the rising number of homicides, especially in cities like Detroit and Chicago, has risen to beyond what even sinful man could call acceptable. I am especially grieved by the number of black-on-black young male homicides.

Like the middle east, I do not expect things to change much . . . fewer homicides . . . or peace to be achieved. But accepting it? No way.

This is my opinion only. What is your opinion?

• Like 1

Would it be racist of me to point out that the vast majority of these murders occur in Black/Hispanic areas?

@Chickadee

I fully agree with that opinion, Chickadee.

Look just recently at the horrendous number of deaths in Baghdad, including 18+ soccer fans shot.

• Like 1