Chicken Baked in Cream

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Chicken Baked in Cream
8-9 pieces of chicken (I used thighs and some meaty drumsticks)
3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon Artisano's Himalaya Salt (the salt is pink in color, loaded with nutrients and really adds a great flavor to food, but regular salt will do).
3/4 teaspoon Pensey's ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 and 3/4 teaspoon Artisano's Poultry Seasoning (or your favorite).
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons Walnut Oil (also from Artisano's)
2 cups heavy cream
sweet, hot or smoked paprika (I used the sweet for tonight's supper)

Preheat oven to 300 F. In large paper bag, mix flour and spices. Melt the butter and Walnut oil in a well seasoned cast iron skillet on just a bit above medium but not quite medium high. Moisten chicken with water and shake in bag to coat. Saute the well floured chicken on both sides until the skin is starting to turn golden brown (the chicken will cook through in the oven, not in the pan and the meat will be still be quite pink at this point). Aim for about 7-9 minutes total. If need be, add a tiny bit more butter and oil as the last few pieces cook, lifting out any burned bits with a spatula to a paper towel.

Placed browned chicken on paper towels to absorb any excess oil, then place in a 13 x 9 inch pan when all the chicken is done. Cover chicken pieces with cream (if you don't have access to farm fresh cream, use heavy whipping cream, unwhipped). Sprinkle with additional paprika. Cover tightly with foil and bake two hours (no peaking!), while you prepare your side dishes.

I served it with steamed baby potatoes (drizzled with a dash of chopped roasted garlic and some of the cream sauce), garden green beans cooked with bacon and French herbs and homemade buttermilk biscuits.

http://mausersandmuffins.blogspot.com/2012/07/weekend-fixins-trying-something-new.html