No, Not Trump, Not Ever

Draggingtree

SrWoodchuck

neverhillary.jpg

In Alien vs. Predator, I'm for Predator, Because He's OUR Predator https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2016/05/11/alien-vs-predator/

A fit of high dudgeon has gripped many of my Republican friends, ex-friends, and soon-to-be-ex-friends now that Donald Trump has all but won the Republican nomination. My advice to them: get over it. This presidential race will look like Alien vs. Predator. I'm for Predator, without a second's hesitation, because he's our Predator. For all his faults Donald Trump would be (and I'm confident will be) an incomparably better president.

I'm not pleased about the outcome of the primaries. I supported Ted Cruz and helped out in his campaign with economic research and news analysis. Yes, Trump is a vulgarian with poor impulse control. I don't like him and find his vulgarity objectionable and his insulting remarks about Mexicans (for example) deplorable. The mother of my children is Mexican, and I take this sort of thing personally. If I ever have the opportunity I will give Trump a black eye.

But there's a war on--three different wars, in fact. To remain neutral is moral cowardice; to choose the wrong side would be downright wicked.

First, there is a war on between Judeo-Christian principles and the political correctness inspired by the Frankfurt School and the French existentialists. Lunatics have seized control of our universities and have stamped out dissent with the zeal and vigilance of the Spanish Inquisition or the Taliban. The distinguished historian Paul Johnson said it best in a Forbes essay:

America has been a land of unrestricted comment on anything–until recently. Now the U.S. has been inundated with PC inquisitors, and PC poison is spreading worldwide in the Anglo zone. For these reasons it’s good news that Donald Trump is doing so well in the American political primaries. He is vulgar, abusive, nasty, rude, boorish and outrageous. He is also saying what he thinks and, more important, teaching Americans how to think for themselves again.

If the foxes haven't yet seized control of the hen-house, they are running the hatchery. With the universities in the hands of the American Taliban, we can't educate a new generation of Americans. Trump is a bitter antidote, but as Johnson argues, he may be the antidote we need. One might add that he's the antidote we deserve.

Second, there is a war on between civilization and barbarism. Hillary Clinton says that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. That's partly her liberal ideology, partly a kowtow to the Arab donors who gave the Clinton Foundation $40 million. Hillary, in short, sells her virtue for both fun and profit. Donald Trump cut through the Gordian Knot of political correctness by proposing a temporary ban on ALL Muslim immigration into the United States, which an absolute majority of Americans supports. After some stumbles about acting as a neutral intermediary between Israel and the Palestinian Arabs, Trump has come down unambiguously on the side of Israel, supporting continued construction in the Judea and Samaria settlements (and that's the acid test). It's not just that Trump has a daughter who is a serious and observant convert to Judaism, and that he is surrounded by pro-Israeli advisers: he instinctively despises sniveling, backstabbing losers and likes tough, smart and determined winners.

Third, there is a war over the future of the American economy. Clinton promises more of the same slow suffocation of American enterprise that gave us eight years of under-performance from Obama. Trump offers a supply-side tax plan with a 15% top corporate rate. My old friend and former colleague Lawrence Kudlow thinks it would be a huge improvement, and I agree.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheoSpark

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Coast Guard vows to move to Canada if Trump is elected!

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/05/uscg-vows-move-to-canada-if-trump-is-elected/www.duffelblog.com/2016/05/uscg-vows-move-to-canada-if-trump-is-elected/

Posted Image

USCG PHOTO

BOSTON — The United States Coast Guard will move to Canada if Donald Trump is elected as Commander-in-Chief, Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Paul F. Zukunft announced at a press conference today.

“Frankly I don’t see the point in saving the lives of people who would self destructively vote in a guy like that,” Zukunft said. “Why would we waste the man-hours and asset capabilities? It’s pointless!”

Trump campaign staffers had reached out to Coast Guard Atlantic and Pacific Headquarters once it became clear Trump would be the Republican nominee to discuss the future the role of their service in a Trump administration.

“We actually got a call from the Trump camp asking if we could provide an ‘Elite Coast Guard’ that only saves people with a higher income and voted for Trump,” said Rear Adm. Mike Winiarski of Coast Guard Atlantic Area. “They even asked about the possibility of a floating wall in the Caribbean.”

Zukunft says a complete defection to Canada presents obstacles, but they are manageable.

“Oh we understand the logistical nightmare that this will take,” he said. “But considering the Category 4 shitstorm that’s headed our way, I think it’s worth watching these mouth-breathers frantically wave from the roof as we pass overheard.”

When asked for comment, Trump said, “I have a plan to create a newer and more better Coast Guard and it will be the bestest Coast Guard anyone has ever seen. They will save way more people than any Coast Guard in the world.” He then began to explain that all the boats and helicopters would be yuge and painted gold.Scissors-32x32.png

DuffelBlog via MyEmail

• 8 months later...

2/15/2017

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 8:45 am

Shameless Self-Promotion Department: If you’re looking to take a break from the silly news of the day, take a moment to read this interview of yours truly at Fault Lines. The interview is conducted by Scott Greenfield, managing editor of Fault Lines, blogger at Simple Justice, and . . . criminal defense attorney. I think an interview of a prosecutor (which is my day job) by a criminal defense attorney is inherently interesting, no? Since this is a political blog, I’ll tease you with one of the political questions and answers, about (what else?) Donald Trump:

Q. You parlayed your skill and experience with writing into commentary gigs at various websites. (You’ve been published in the LA Times, your blog posts have been covered in the New York Times and Washington Post, and you used to write at Breitbart before it went alt-right.) These days, apart from the blog, you’re best known as a regular at RedState.

Whether at RedState or Patterico’s Pontifications, you haven’t been one to express much support for our current President. You opposed his candidacy, and even deregistered from the Republican Party after he became the GOP’s torchbearer in the general election. Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2017/02/15/meet-your-blogger-yours-truly-on-trump-and-more

if you go read the article you won't like most and I do say most.

@Draggingtree

I do not think that support for Trump, by itself, reflects a betrayal of limited-government principles. Plenty of my readers, like me, supported another candidate in the primary, and don’t care for Trump. Many of those people voted for Trump just because he is not Hillary Clinton. That was not my decision, but I understand it and can’t criticize that point of view.

Could Not Agree More

However, on May 3, 2016, the day Ted Cruz bowed out of the race, I instantly saw that the Republican party was going to start conforming itself to Trump’s vision more than I knew I would be comfortable with. Republicans were going to support big government initiatives, worry less about state sovereignty and the Constitution, and defend any number of outrageous Trumpy statements and positions. I wanted no part of it, and I wanted to disassociate myself from a Trump-led Republican Party in a very public and clear way.

To early to say what will happen. Remember Congress is going to have a great deal to say about what happens.

* My abandonment of the GOP, and my personal distaste for Trump, have been very disturbing to the part of my readership that is more partisan and less concerned with limited government principles. ** It’s difficult to watch some long-time readers view me as a “leftist” and treat me contemptuously, as if I were the enemy, simply because I can’t stand the demagogue that has seized control of the Republican party. But I don’t change my views to suit my readers. I suspect some other bloggers have — especially those who are dependent on their blogs for income. In that sense, it’s nice to have a day job. It makes it easier to say what I really think.

* Practically speaking if you believe in limited government, The Republican Party is your only option.

** To the Ever Trumpers I have Two Words For You...Care to guess what they are? At best I view them as objects of ridicule, at worst see those two words.

One thing I try to do is pay no attention to his tweets and pay attention to what he does. Talk to me this time next year and we'll all have a better handle of what kind of President he is, and how much he has changed The GOP.

• Like 1