Coffee Shop

Rheo

I have thought all along that the #NeverTrump movement just meant not Trump as the Republican nominee. It didn't occur to me that it meant voting for Hillary if it comes down to a choice between her and Trump.

@nickydog Sadly it may mean a de facto vote for Hillary by sitting out the general election.

Sadly, as of last night - I can no longer affiliate myself with either party.

I'll vote for DT. He being the (marginally) lesser of two evils....but that is not the same as saying I'll support him. Wish I had a Viable alternative.

We now have a real choice

1. A NY Big government liberal

2. A Big government liberal from NY.

The choice should be obvious to all!

• Like 2

mozartlover

I have thought all along that the #NeverTrump movement just meant not Trump as the Republican nominee. It didn't occur to me that it meant voting for Hillary if it comes down to a choice between her and Trump.

@nickydog Sadly it may mean a de facto vote for Hillary by sitting out the general election.

Sadly, as of last night - I can no longer affiliate myself with either party.

Same here.

Cannot bring myself to vote for either of the (now likely) candidates.

SO my choices are: sit it out; or write in. Leaning toward the latter.

Don't tell me it's a vote for Hillary. A vote for Trump is a vote for Trump and that's just as bad. In my mind.

I weep for our country.

I weep for our children.

God help us.

• Like 1

mozartlover

Let the chips fall. We will get the president we deserve. One way or another. More's the pity.

• Like 1

A little local schadenfreude to start my day off right....

We had a frog strangler of a rain storm here last night.

Raleigh_NC_Breaking_News_Weather_Traffic

a frog strangler of a rain storm... LMFAO.gif

But couldn't it mean the same for the other side? Maybe nobody will vote!

clearvision

I actually have preferred Trump over the last 3 candidates. I think he has a shot at beating Hillary in the critical states that matter (I don't think Cruz did) and is conservative enough on many of the critical issues. I did not like Cruz at all from the beginning, but any of the Governors I thought were better got eliminated because they were not pure enough or just had a poor media presence.

Hopefully he will surround himself with better people than Hillary will and his SC nominees should be better than hers. I'm nervous about his bombastic comments and style though.

• Like 3

SrWoodchuck

Now that Cruz suspended his campaign...Kasich withdraws. Soros gets his money's worth.

• Like 2

I actually have preferred Trump over the last 3 candidates. I think he has a shot at beating Hillary in the critical states that matter (I don't think Cruz did) and is conservative enough on many of the critical issues. I did not like Cruz at all from the beginning, but any of the Governors I thought were better got eliminated because they were not pure enough or just had a poor media presence.

Hopefully he will surround himself with better people than Hillary will and his SC nominees should be better than hers. I'm nervous about his bombastic comments and style though.

Regarding Trump and Hillary... you can debate personal character flaws of the two until the cows come home.

You can also debate who's personal belief system if more liberal or conservative... I personally don't consider Trump a conservative but do believe that Hillary's core is far more "Progressive".

However, without a doubt Trump will surround himself and appoint people that support both my political, economic and social principles much more closely than Hillary.

End of story for me.... I will vote for Trump and not consider pimping my pride and sitting home in November... which I believe benefits Hillary winning as much as a vote for her.

• Like 4

Unfortunately... in 2016 we are living in a country that is new to most of us.

Most of the candidates that we prefer and parallel our values/beliefs would have fared very poorly in the general election.

So without folding and going to my room to sulk... I will have to play the best I can with the hand that I have been dealt.

poker_2214261b.jpg

• Like 4

mozartlover

Regarding Trump and Hillary... you can debate personal character flaws of the two until the cows come home.

You can also debate who's personal belief system if more liberal or conservative... I personally don't consider Trump a conservative but do believe that Hillary's core is far more "Progressive".

However, without a doubt Trump will surround himself and appoint people that support both my political, economic and social principles much more closely than Hillary.

End of story for me.... I will vote for Trump and not consider pimping my pride and sitting home in November... which I believe benefits Hillary winning as much as a vote for her.

"Pimping my pride"?

Is that what I'm doing?

..........sigh.................stick to the Porch, Mozie...........

• Like 1

"Pimping my pride"?

Is that what I'm doing?

I don't consider it pimping my pride, but sticking with my morals.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

"Pimping my pride"?

Is that what I'm doing?

I don't consider it pimping my pride, but sticking with my morals.

Sweet @Geee!

I'm sure that @NCTexan was only talking about himself. Write in whomever you want as pResident, but vote in conservatives for the House & the Senate...so that no matter who wins, we have a balance to their insanity. I just got into a shouting match with my oldest son about politics, and...it wasn't worth my breath. He blames my parents for this situation (Greatest generation) & I argued that it was my generation of Boomers...and he needed to take some lessons from that...to no avail. People believe what they want, regardless of whether they're informed or not. I shall start preparing for the crap that is coming, stop trying to control others because I feel the overwhelming need to correct the situation for my progeny...and enjoy the short time on earth that I have to endure the end of the Republic be with the ones that I love. Peace out!

• Like 2

@SrWoodchuck - I certainly intend to vote, just not for President. I wouldn't skip voting for Senator Ron Johnson, who deserves my vote and I will be very sad if he he loses to Feingold, who doesn't deserve anyones.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck - I certainly intend to vote, just not for President. I wouldn't skip voting for Senator Ron Johnson, who deserves my vote and I will be very sad if he he loses to Feingold, who doesn't deserve anyones.

Sweet @Geee! I certainly understand your reasoning...especially after my argument with Matt. I thought about writing in Cruz for pResident...but...going only on hope here...I'm praying that Trump will place better people in his appointments (Killary is thinking Liz Warren for Supreme!). I could see Cruz as Supreme, Christie as AG, Carson as Surgeon General...etc...maybe Kasich as Ambassador to Greenland?

• Like 2

"Pimping my pride"?

Is that what I'm doing?

@mozartlover @Geee

The statement that I made was a personal statement about myself... It would make me feel very good to say I didn't vote for him but I feel that he is the better alternative.

I personally am disgusted with a lot about the candidate... but have made my choice to vote for him when the time comes.

I remember a lot of chest thumping on TOS when it came down to electing a RINO or a Mormon. "I will sit home and not vote for Mittens the RINO." Look what that got us.

If someone chooses not to vote that's up to them... or even If they choose to vote for some other candidate... That's their choice. I've also seen a lot of that on TV lately... some saying that they will vote for Hillary.

However nobody can convince me that taking away an opposing vote against Hillary does not improve her winning percentage and that's what puts someone in the White House.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

"Pimping my pride"?

Is that what I'm doing?

@mozartlover @Geee

The statement that I made was a personal statement about myself... It would make me feel very good to say I didn't vote for him but I feel that he is the better alternative.

I personally am disgusted with a lot about the candidate... but have made my choice to vote for him when the time comes.

I remember a lot of chest thumping on TOS when it came down to electing a RINO or a Mormon. "I will sit home and not vote for Mittens the RINO." Look what that got us.

If someone chooses not to vote that's up to them... or even If they choose to vote for some other candidate... That's their choice. I've also seen a lot of that on TV lately... some saying that they will vote for Hillary.

However nobody can convince me that taking away an opposing vote against Hillary does not improve her winning percentage and that's what puts someone in the White House.

McCain says he's voting for Killary! Is he past his expiration date yet?

• Like 2

I remember Rush saying that McCain was running around on the debate stage (vs Obama) looking like Yosemite Sam... (that made me laugh out loud)

@SrWoodchuck He was past due before the served him on the table.

yosemite_sam_by_calamitykangaroo-d3h6ort

• Like 2

"Pimping my pride"?

Is that what I'm doing?

@mozartlover @Geee

@NCTexan - I disagreed with all of those 'purists' at the time and still do. But the Mormon and the Rhinos ( plural- there were more than one) were not bereft of character because they were rhinos. I understand many people hoping for the best though. (PS - I did not take offensewink.png because I knew you did not mean to offend)

• Like 2

(PS - I did not take offense because I knew you did not mean to offend)

@Geee Glad you did not take offense as it certainly was not intended.

wink.png​ Just like I didn't take offense that you "implied" that my stance indicated that I did not have "my morals" regarding the issue. LMFAO.gif But PLEASE don't tell me that you're gonna write in for Bernie.

Whether we take the high road or the low road... we will all end up as family sitting on The Porch.

• Like 4

(PS - I did not take offense because I knew you did not mean to offend)

@Geee Glad you did not take offense as it certainly was not intended.

wink.png​ Just like I didn't take offense that you "implied" that my stance indicated that I did not have "my morals" regarding the issue. LMFAO.gif But PLEASE don't tell me that you're gonna write in for Bernie.

Whether we take the high road or the low road... we will all end up as family sitting on The Porch.

Never would I intend to imply that. I'm not writing anyone in, but if I did, I DO know your 'real' namewink.png

• Like 4

SrWoodchuck

The Sharon Statement:

A Timeless Declaration of Conservative Principles

http://www.yaf.org/news/the-sharon-statement/

The Sharon Statement was adopted on September 11, 1960 by a group of 100 young conservatives who convened at the home of William F. Buckley in Sharon, Connecticut with the purpose of creating Young Americans for Freedom. In 2015 The New York Times recognized the Sharon Statement as a “seminal document” of the Conservative Movement and it is widely regarded by historians and thought leaders as one of the most important declarations in the history of American conservatism. Its message is timeless and has been championed by countless conservative leaders since its adoption, including President Ronald Reagan who served as YAF’s Honorary National Chairman. The Sharon Statement continues to function as the foundational document for every YAF chapter across the country.

The Sharon Statement

In this time of moral and political crises, it is the responsibility of the youth of America to affirm certain eternal truths.

We, as young conservatives, believe:

That foremost among the transcendent values is the individual’s use of his God-given free will, whence derives his right to be free from the restrictions of arbitrary force;

That liberty is indivisible, and that political freedom cannot long exist without economic freedom;

That the purpose of government is to protect those freedoms through the preservation of internal order, the provision of national defense, and the administration of justice;

That when government ventures beyond these rightful functions, it accumulates power, which tends to diminish order and liberty;

That the Constitution of the United States is the best arrangement yet devised for empowering government to fulfill its proper role, while restraining it from the concentration and abuse of power;

That the genius of the Constitution—the division of powers—is summed up in the clause that reserves primacy to the several states, or to the people, in those spheres not specifically delegated to the Federal government;

That the market economy, allocating resources by the free play of supply and demand, is the single economic system compatible with the requirements of personal freedom and constitutional government, and that it is at the same time the most productive supplier of human needs;

That when government interferes with the work of the market economy, it tends to reduce the moral and physical strength of the nation; that when it takes from one man to bestow on another, it diminishes the incentive of the first, the integrity of the second, and the moral autonomy of both;

Scissors-32x32.png

YoungAmericansForFreedom via iOTWReports

The Week in Pictures: Presumptive Nominee EditioN

Steven Hayward

May 7, 2016

Well, what happened this week? What’s that you say? Things that go “Trump” in the night keeping you awake? Clearly I picked the wrong week to stop huffing glue. Strap in folks, it’s going to be an interesting six months.

Hoosier-Daddy-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=5

Trump-Great-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580

(Snip)

Straight-Outta-Options-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5

(Snip)

Cartoonists-for-Trump-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&

(Snip)

Ron-Paul-too-Crazy-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&res

(Snip)

11903939_10152933393176895_5296583043947

(Snip)

LGBT-Sandwich-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=5