'BuzzFeed': Rubio and Cruz Don't Have Latino Cred Because They're Not Mexican-Americans

Draggingtree

buzzfeed-rubio-and-cruz-dont-have-latino-cred-because-theyre-not-mexican-americans:

'BuzzFeed': Rubio and Cruz Don't Have Latino Cred Because They're Not Mexican-Americans

BY STEPHEN KRUISER DECEMBER 23, 2015

7 COMMENTS

No, really.

In an election of firsts, there is something else unique, sensitive, and awkward beginning to stir controversy that could shape the Latino vote. With Cuban-American senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz in position to win the Republican nomination, many Hispanic voters may be presented with a novel choice: a Latino candidate for president, but one who probably doesn’t share their family’s cultural background.

While Rubio and Cruz’s fight last week over immigration policy — and their immigration records — were the main event at the last debate, there’s a demographic dimension that is beginning to surface as progressive activists and others begin leveling harsh accusations at both candidates partly informed by shared Latino backgrounds, but fueled by divergent cultural experiences. Scissors-32x32.png

Ok..

I am always amazed (?) at the sillyness of political writings.

Same here, I guess the only reason why they are not true latino is that they are part of the GOP..

Ok..

Same here, I guess the only reason why they are not true latino is that they are part of the GOP..

Its not just this, its so much of what passes for reporting on this race in particular and politics in general. Recall Rick Perry's glasses? How many trees died so (deeply insightful rolleyes.gif ) columns could be written about his glasses....Or Chris Christie in a baseball uniform.

• Like 1

Ok..

Its not just this, its so much of what passes for reporting on this race in particular and politics in general. Recall Rick Perry's glasses? How many trees died so (deeply insightful rolleyes.gif ) columns could be written about his glasses....Or Chris Christie in a baseball uniform.

or Marco's water bottle..

• Like 1