Execution Watch

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Offender Information garciajuan2.jpg Name Garcia, Juan Martin TDCJ Number 999360 Date of Birth 2/18/1980 Date Received 6/21/2000 Age (when Received) 20 Education Level (Highest Grade Completed) 8 Date of Offense 9/17/1998 Age (at the time of Offense) 18 County Harris Race Hispanic Gender Male Hair Color Black Height 5 ft 5 in Weight 183 Eye Color Brown Native County Harris Native State Texas

Prior Occupation

construction, landscaping, laborer

Prior Prison Record

None

Summary of Incident

9/17/1998 during the night in Houston, Garcia and three co-defendants approached a hispanic male who was walking to his vehicle in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Garcia demanded the victim's money and then shot him in the head with a .25 caliber pistol, killing him. Garcia took $8 in cash from the victim. Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_info/garciajuan.html

Draggingtree

Friday, September 24, 2010

Letters to a Future Death Row Inmate, Part 11

by Juan Martin Garcia #999360

Part 10 can be seen here

Hello New Boot,

I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Juan. I am from Houston, Texas and have been locked up on this case since I was 18 years old. I am now 30, an old man by the standards of this place. How time flies, I wasn’t going to send you anything at first, but I talked to the vato that is organizing this, so I am hoping and praying that you will take a minute to listen to me and understand what I am writing to you.

You are going to learn about pain here, the kind you never knew existed. I am a Daddy of three monsters, some of the biggest monsters ever born, so I am glad that I am locked up. J I am just pulling your leg, of course. I have been away from them for so long. I can’t lie, it really does hurt to be apart from them but all make our choices and our mistakes when we are young, and now I have to see my daughters and my son call some other mother-$*#$#er Daddy. It’s not just us that pays. Everyone pays with you, and the fact that you see this is proof that you aren’t the cold-blooded killer that the outside world says of you. People can sentence another to die only if they think he isn’t human, so the only thing a prosecutor ever has to do is make you a dog.

No, dogs get national campaigns to save them from the pound. They just have to make you into something that can be killed free of guilt. That’s all. Scissors-32x32.png

http://minutesbeforesix.blogspot.com/2010/09/letters-to-future-death-row-inmate-part_7316.html