Coffee Shop

Rheo

Interesting video clip....

'I think I'd win': Donald Trump teased a presidential run to Oprah in 1988

Real-estate developer Donald Trump was a rumored presidential candidate long before he burst onto the scene this year.

Indeed, talk-show host Oprah Winfrey asked Trump about a potential White House bid back in 1988. At the time, Trump said he probably wouldn't run — but didn't rule out the possibility.

"I do get tired of seeing the country ripped off," he said. "If it got so bad I would never want to rule it out totally."

Trump did predict he would win the race if he ran, however.

Sort of steps on the idea he is in just for the media exposure

• Like 2

Thanks, @clearvision! I think there is a mix; some of what he says is the same; some of this is how he would have a normal conversation. I wouldn't vote for the Donald Trump of 1988, even if he was more thoughtful and better mannered.

I just remembered something from Psych 101: as we age, whatever is in our personality when we are young becomes more pronounced as we age. In other words, we are ourselves, only more so. :)

The limelight probably didn't help.

Edited by saveliberty
  • Like 1

Thanks, @clearvision! I think there is a mix; some of what he says is the same; some of this is how he would have a normal conversation. I wouldn't vote for the Donald Trump of 1988, even if he was more thoughtful and better mannered.

I just remembered something from Psych 101: as we age, whatever is in our personality when we are young becomes more pronounced as we age. In other words, we are ourselves, only more so. smile.png

The limelight probably didn't help.

My only take away from it is that he talks about a Presidential run long before he is the super media whore is today (yes I know he was on Oprah for the interview, but as a personality, not a TV "star". I don't think he necessarily got in just because of the media exposure to help his TV show(s) as some speculate.

My favorite guy just dropped out (and I had no hope for him over the past month, probably realistically even longer). Not sure who my next guy is, probably Walker, but I've not been impressed lately. I like Carson, but don't see him as a strong leader who is going to change much. I'm not a fan of another Bush. So that leaves Cruz or Rubio or Trump for me.

• Like 4

The Week in Pictures: Apology Tour Edition

Steven Hayward

September 12, 2015

Watching Hillary trying to calibrate her apologies for her home-brew server—a calibration finely tuned to exactly how far her poll numbers are tanking—puts me in mind of an old Monty Python record that begins with a serial apology sketch (2 minutes long), in which John Cleese and other Pythons apologize for the previous apologies. Hillary has just about reached that territory. (The New York Times reported the whole pathetic story yesterday.) Oh, and Donald Trump! Because Trump!

Hillary-Apology-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize

(Snip)

Hillary-Trees-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=5

Donald-Duck-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580

Trump-Military-Record-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&

(Snip)

On-Oldern-Pond-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=

Bernie-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C45

(Snip)

Iran-Inspectipons-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resi

Compelled-Marriage-License-copy.jpg?zoom

(Snip)

photo-54-e1441993835777-448x600.jpg?zoom

Looks like a hate crime to me.

GOP-Majority-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=58

(Snip)

Gender-War-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%

Red-Shirt-Graves-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resiz

(Snip)

Gluten-Free-Placebos-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&r

Beer-Sooup-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=454%

(Snip)

Printer-Down-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=48

Montessori-school-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resi

(Snip)

And finally . . . in a very slight change to the usual format in honor of Sept. 11:

Wounded-Lady-Vets-copy1.jpg?zoom=1.5&res

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hillary Clinton's New Theme Song

/Well Deserved Cheap Shot cool.png

• Like 2

Hugh Hewitt played part of DT speech in Texas tonight.

Alow me to give you the shorthand version.

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me.

• Like 1

2C525FFD00000578-3234705-image-a-14_1442

For better or worse Me Me Me Me seems to be working. Maybe not totally filled, but upper levels had more than 50% people so well over 15K maybe just short of the 20K the place holds.

• Like 1

queenhillary.jpg

As you know, my dear people, the last year for me has been anannus horribilus. The Royal House of Clinton has been tormented by questions about our handling of finances and subjected to tiresome questions about the tragic events in Benghazi - in the furthest regions of our empire. And, sadly, also questions about my Royal e-mails.

Nevertheless, I will not be daunted in my desire and commitment to serve you the people. For the next seventeen months I will be traveling among you as one of you, to listen to your deepest longings and needs. I will be with you in your Wal-Mart and beside you in your Burger Kings. I will drive with you down the busy interstate highways of our land sharing your poverty and needs with you.

How well I remember the days when the Duke of Arkansas and I were impoverished. After we were expelled from our Washington Palace we hardly had two mansions to rub together. We were so poor we had to remove thousands of dollars of china, flatware, carpets and gifts from the Washington Palace just to survive, only to be forced to return much of the treasures by Washington. Now, happily, benefactors from around our empire have given just enough for us to scrape by.

During those difficult times we had to cut back when our daughter was married. We only had three million dollars to spend on her wedding, and I remember our hopes as she moved into her $10 million Manhattan apartment that one day she would be able to move on from that humble abode to something more fitting. After working for MSNBC for a starting salary of a mere $600,000.00, what could she do.

So as I travel across our land to meet you all, I will be listening and sharing with you. Then when the time for the royal election comes I know you will crown me as your rightful monarch so that I can continue the King Obama policies, and we can all live happily ever after.

Queen Hilarity Rodham Clinton

H/T Bob in Cullman via TheFeralIrishman