Reasons for Hope this Independence Day

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
Reasons for Hope this Independence Day (2/2) (Guest Post)

By Brother Bob

Sat, Jul, 4th, 201

One hazard of blogging that I’ve lamented before is having an idea for a topic overcome by events. This is one time that this headache is actually a good thing. In fact, it is a very good thing. The first two parts of this are actually two separate posts that I had been kicking around, and the tone of both posts was very negative (you’ll see why). But recent developments over the last few months have given me a new hope that I have not had in a very long time. This was originally posted to my own blog back in April, and by the time I sent it over to Flopping Aces the topics had gone stale. I’ve made a few updates to this and another old post that missed publishing at FA – I think the changes and pairing the two make for an appropriate combo as we celebrate Independence Day. The first half, the pessimistic post, is here.

Knock Off The Loser Talk. This Fight Hasn’t Even Begun

Scissors-32x32.png

Or another way to look at the differences between both parties, to use an old saying the Republicans are pointing up at the sky and telling me it’s raining but when I look down they’re peeing on my leg. A Democrat will pull up a chair next to me, climb up and start whizzing on my head, the entire time laughing that I’m too stupid to appreciate what they’re doing to me. At least Democrats are honest about their disdain for me.elections, the president decided to punish the American people for their defiance Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.floppingaces.net/2015/07/04/reasons-for-hope-this-independence-day-22-guest-post/

Draggingtree

When in the Course of Human Events…

Action of Second Continental Congress, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America

WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness — That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Scissors-32x32.png