Why Do Gunmen Target Churches And Schools, Not NRA Meetings?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
why-do-gunmen-target-churches-and-schools-not-nra-meetingsBreitbart:

In the wake of the heinous attack on Charleston’s Emanuel American Methodist Episcopal Church, Democrats’ ritual calls for more gun control have louder than usual, and a mainstream media’s focus on the threat of “mass shootings” has been kicked up a notch.

The question none of the Democrats or media outlets have asked is why gunmen, historically speaking, attack churches and school but bypass NRA meetings?

Why do they target Fort Hood twice within a five years period while opening fire in Walmart remains unpopular?

To ask the questions is to answer them. Law-abiding citizens are largely prohibited from possessing guns for self-defense in churches and schools around the country, but they may be heavily and openly armed at an NRA meeting. Likewise, soldiers are then mandated to be unarmed on stateside military bases while law-abiding shoppers at Walmart can and frequently do carry guns to protect themselves and their families.

Consider James Holmes, the individual who allegedly shot and killed 12 and wounded 70 during a July 20, 2012, showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” at an Aurora movie theater. Shortly after the attack, Fox News reported that there were seven movie theaters showing the film within a 20-minute radius of Holmes’ residence, some of which were closer than the Cinemark theater he attacked.

For example, the Cinemark theater was a four mile long, eight minute car ride, while another theater showing the film “was only 1.2 miles (3 minutes) away.” But of all the theaters within a 20-minute radius, including the one just three minutes away, the Cinemark theater was the only one that barred law-abiding citizens from carrying guns for self-defense.

The lesson is clear: Gun control literally enables criminals; it makes their lives easier by guaranteeing otherwise pesky and determined victims will not have the ability to defend themselves once the shooting starts.

________

Going after the most vulnerable targets.

• Like 1

I guess Uber is now banning their drivers (and passengers wink.png ) from carrying guns.

What could possibly go wrong!

clearvision

I guess Uber is now banning their drivers (and passengers ;) ) from carrying guns.

Yeah, I need a car and am a bad guy on the run, let me call "deliver me a reliable car with an unarmed driver", sorry I mean Uber....
  • Like 1

I guess Uber is now banning their drivers (and passengers wink.png ) from carrying guns.

Yeah, I need a car and am a bad guy on the run, let me call "deliver me a reliable car with an unarmed driver", sorry I mean Uber....

No that would never happen, and in the highly unlikely event it did the driver could just whip out or point to the Gun Free Zone sign.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

They have destroyed my dream! I had planned on a second income as an Uber-mensch driver in my 1987 Buick Century Limited.

• Like 1