Coffee Shop

Rheo

Oh yay! A new shoppe!. Smells like carpet glue....

Come on! The Coffee Shop is classier than that. We have hardwood floors here.

• Like 2

Cyber_Liberty

Oh yay! A new shoppe!. Smells like carpet glue....

Come on! The Coffee Shop is classier than that. We have hardwood floors here.

"The place smells like a box of finishing nails" doesn't have the same cache.

• Like 1

Surprised that I haven't seen these for sale...

blue-t-shirt_zps7000e716.jpg

OK. sigh bag.gif I don't get it.

@nickydog The symbol is used by a lot of police officers. It stands for them being the thin blue line between darkness.

Blue lives are the lives of police officers, the men in blue which have never been considered in the discussion since Ferguson.... Only teeshirts that say Black Lives Matter.

Kinda like in the USMC we used to say that there are no White Marines or Black Marines... only Green Marines.

Surprised that I haven't seen these for sale...

blue-t-shirt_zps7000e716.jpg

OK. sigh bag.gif I don't get it.

@nickydog The symbol is used by a lot of police officers. It stands for them being the thin blue line between darkness.

Blue lives are the lives of police officers, the men in blue which have never been considered in the discussion since Ferguson.... Only teeshirts that say Black Lives Matter.

Kinda like in the USMC we used to say that there are no White Marines or Black Marines... only Green Marines.

Thank you, @NCTexan. That was a wonderful explanation. And it's a wonderful T-shirt.

This is a very scary inside view of ISIS and their Islamic State plans. Surprisingly this was run on CNN.

It is worth reading the entire article.

CNN

Author's journey inside ISIS: They're 'more dangerous than people realize'

(CNN) -- Juergen Todenhoefer's journey was a tough one: dangerous, but also eye-opening. The author traveled deep into ISIS territory -- the area they now call their "caliphate" -- visiting Raqqa and Deir Ezzor in Syria, as well as Mosul in Iraq.

Mosul, Iraq's second largest city, was taken by ISIS in a Blitzkrieg-like sweep in June.

Todenhoefer managed to visit the mosque there where the leader of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi, gave his only public address.

And he saw the realities of daily life under ISIS, with all shops having to close for prayers in the middle of the day.

"There is an awful sense of normalcy in Mosul," Todenhoefer said in an exclusive interview with CNN.

"130,000 Christians have been evicted from the city, the Shia have fled, many people have been murdered and yet the city is functioning and people actually like the stability that the Islamic State has brought them."
Scissors-32x32.png

The man -- clearly unapologetic about the group's transgressions -- vowed there was more to come; he also issued a warning to Europe and the United States.

"So you also want to come to Europe?" Todenhoefer asked him.

"No, we will conquer Europe one day," the man said. "It is not a question of if we will conquer Europe, just a matter of when that will happen. But it is certain ... For us, there is no such thing as borders. There are only front lines.

"Our expansion will be perpetual ... And the Europeans need to know that when we come, it will not be in a nice way. It will be with our weapons. And those who do not convert to Islam or pay the Islamic tax will be killed."

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

Obama Support among Military Plummets to 15 Percent

John Fund

December 22, 2014

For the last nine years, the Military Times newspaper has surveyed an average of 2,300 active-duty service members. Their latest poll has just been released and concludes that Obamas popularity never high to begin with has crumbled, falling from 35 percent in 2009 to just 15 percent this year, while his disapproval ratings have increased to 55 percent from 40 percent over that time.

Much of the opposition to Obama has come from military members who believe he has been an inconsistent and flawed leader in foreign policy for example, his 2011 removal of all troops in Iraq helped lead to the rise of the Islamic State, which then required a new U.S. intervention in the region. But some of the resistance comes from those who see his moves to change the militarys culture as heavy-handed social engineering that erode deep-seated traditions and potentially undermine good order and discipline.

That said, the Military Times poll shows quiet acceptance of some changes in the armed forces. For example, in 2009, the poll found that 49 percent of troops felt gays, lesbians, and bisexuals should not be allowed to serve. In 2014, such disapproval fell to just 19 percent.

Racism!...the only thing that makes any sense. rolleyes.gif

murray.jpg

Via Wirecutter

I await with eager anticipation the [c]clown[/s] maker of this actually running for office. It must be truly marvelous to be as smart and politically insightful as this clown person.

I guess I could call him a moron, but that would be an undeserved insult to morons.

MRC
bestofnq_2014.jpg

Quote of the Year

Carol Costello

“Okay. I’m just going to come right out and say it: This is quite possibly the best minute and a half of audio we’ve ever come across — well, come across in a long time anyway. A massive brawl in Anchorage, Alaska, reportedly involving Sarah Palin’s kids and her husband. It was sparked after someone pushed one of her daughters at a party....And now police have released audio of that interview. It does include some rather colorful language from Bristol. Here now is Bristol’s recollection of how that night unfolded. So sit back and enjoy.”
CNN Newsroom anchor Carol Costello on October 22, introducing audio of Bristol Palin describing how a man shoved her, dragged her on the ground and repeatedly cursed at her.

(Snip)

murray.jpg

Via Wirecutter

I await with eager anticipation the [c]clown[/s] maker of this actually running for office. It must be truly marvelous to be as smart and politically insightful as this clown person.

I guess I could call him a moron, but that would be an undeserved insult to morons.

Ya know, @Valin.....I could just about predict that you would post your disgust at this piece of satire.

Well done, buddy!

You support the Republican brand...uber alles.....not just a RINO.......an EL-IF-INO.

murray.jpg

Via Wirecutter

Ya know, @Valin.....I could just about predict that you would post your disgust at this piece of satire.

Well done, buddy!

You support the Republican brand...uber alles.....not just a RINO.......an EL-IF-INO.

Satirical? I don't think so. I wonder if the question was asked...What Could They Have Done? Too many people on Our side remind me way too often of two year olds.

Obama Support among Military Plummets to 15 Percent

John Fund

December 22, 2014

For the last nine years, the Military Times newspaper has surveyed an average of 2,300 active-duty service members. Their latest poll has just been released and concludes that Obamas popularity never high to begin with has crumbled, falling from 35 percent in 2009 to just 15 percent this year, while his disapproval ratings have increased to 55 percent from 40 percent over that time.

Much of the opposition to Obama has come from military members who believe he has been an inconsistent and flawed leader in foreign policy for example, his 2011 removal of all troops in Iraq helped lead to the rise of the Islamic State, which then required a new U.S. intervention in the region. But some of the resistance comes from those who see his moves to change the militarys culture as heavy-handed social engineering that erode deep-seated traditions and potentially undermine good order and discipline.

That said, the Military Times poll shows quiet acceptance of some changes in the armed forces. For example, in 2009, the poll found that 49 percent of troops felt gays, lesbians, and bisexuals should not be allowed to serve. In 2014, such disapproval fell to just 19 percent.

Racism!...the only thing that makes any sense. rolleyes.gif

I have to get a bike

.GoPro: Backflip Over 72ft Canyon - Kelly McGarry Red Bull Rampage 2013

My heavens! The things people do. ohmy.png