Rheo

SrWoodchuck

original.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Yes, but where IS home?

250px-USA_Kansas_location_map.svg.png

Fort Dodge, Kansas

Works for me.

@Valin! I started my last post on this subject, with a search for images of Leavenworth....but.....just like some girls look best with pearls.....Obama looks best behind basic prison bars.

original.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Yes, but where IS home?

250px-USA_Kansas_location_map.svg.png

Fort Dodge, Kansas

Works for me.

@Valin! I started my last post on this subject, with a search for images of Leavenworth....but.....just like some girls look best with pearls.....Obama looks best behind basic prison bars.

I have another suggestion.....

unimakmap.jpg

• Like 3

Liberal Dad Wants You to Know How Cool He Is for Celebrating His Gay Kid
Posted by V the K at 1:12 pm - June 15, 2014.

“Dave” a contributor to the Huffington Post wants you to know he is a really cool progressive parent. He knows his son is gay, and not only that, he knows what kind of guys his kid is into. Isn’t that cool? He’s totally supportive and isn’t that cool? Dave wants everybody to know he’s the coolest dad ever.

BTW: The kid is nine years old.

(Snip)

Break out the hankees

Obama longs to break out of White House bubble

Scissors-32x32.png

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (AP) — It's perhaps appropriate that President Barack Obama is vacationing this weekend in California, where the state flag features a roaming grizzly.

The restless president, who has compared himself to a caged animal on recent wanderings by declaring the "bear is loose," took a long Father's Day weekend away with his wife and older daughter.

The visit to the desert resort area of Palm Springs is one of the ways Obama has been trying to escape during his sixth year cloistered in the White House.

"I think frankly we've all been through a cold and bitter winter and the bear has cabin fever," said Obama friend and senior adviser Valerie Jarrett. "His cabin is a little bit bigger and harder to escape than most."

Obama has fantasized about being "on a beach somewhere drinking out of a coconut" or simply being able to walk out of the White House gate and stroll around unrecognized.

Scissors-32x32.png

Is it wrong to fantasize about someone stranded on a deserted island with only coconuts?

Oh, that is SO SAD. "His cabin is a little bit bigger" Valerie says. Does that mean the cabin fever is thus bigger, too? He longs for anonymity and yet he loves the spotlight. What a conundrum.

• Like 4

Break out the hankees

Scissors-32x32.png

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (AP) — It's perhaps appropriate that President Barack Obama is vacationing this weekend in California, where the state flag features a roaming grizzly.

The restless president, who has compared himself to a caged animal on recent wanderings by declaring the "bear is loose," took a long Father's Day weekend away with his wife and older daughter.

The visit to the desert resort area of Palm Springs is one of the ways Obama has been trying to escape during his sixth year cloistered in the White House.

"I think frankly we've all been through a cold and bitter winter and the bear has cabin fever," said Obama friend and senior adviser Valerie Jarrett. "His cabin is a little bit bigger and harder to escape than most."

Obama has fantasized about being "on a beach somewhere drinking out of a coconut" or simply being able to walk out of the White House gate and stroll around unrecognized.

Scissors-32x32.png

Is it wrong to fantasize about someone stranded on a deserted island with only coconuts?

Oh, that is SO SAD. "His cabin is a little bit bigger" Valerie says. Does that mean the cabin fever is thus bigger, too? He longs for anonymity and yet he loves the spotlight. What a conundrum.

Can't you just feel the pity that we all have for him....

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Break out the hankees

Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.png

Sweet @nickydog!

I feel for him, too. Here. Let him come here. This is the entrance to Florence SuperMax....and he's got a spotlight, too:

Tourlentes_FlorenceColoradoFederalSuperm

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

She has shady eyes...

What a First-Grader Brought to School Led to the the Entire Class Going to the Hospital

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/11/what-a-first-grader-brought-to-school-led-to-the-the-entire-class-going-to-the-hospital/

Mother-of-heroin-kid.jpg

A photo of the child’s mother. (Image source: KYW-TV screen shot)

Police want to know where a 6-year-old student got the 11 bags of heroin that she brought to the Commodore John Barry Elementary school in Philadelphia on Tuesday. Parents were reportedly in shock after learning that their children had been exposed to the deadly and addictive drug.

According to KYW-TV, a teacher spotted students playing with the bags in the classroom and some of them had been opened — at least one bag was said to have been chewed open by a child. Police and emergency medical response teams were called to the school.

All of the students were examined at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and released without any reports of problems relating to the drug interaction.

Scissors-32x32.png

The mother of the child who brought the drugs into the classroom was interviewed by detectives, but declined to comment on the incident.

Scissors-32x32.png

A late report Tuesday from KYW-TV says that a search of the mother’s home found more drugs. Police expect to file charges against the mother of the child and her boyfriend.

TheBlaze via iOTW

She has shady eyes...

What a First-Grader Brought to School Led to the the Entire Class Going to the Hospital

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/11/what-a-first-grader-brought-to-school-led-to-the-the-entire-class-going-to-the-hospital/

Mother-of-heroin-kid.jpg

A photo of the child’s mother. (Image source: KYW-TV screen shot)

Police want to know where a 6-year-old student got the 11 bags of heroin that she brought to the Commodore John Barry Elementary school in Philadelphia on Tuesday. Parents were reportedly in shock after learning that their children had been exposed to the deadly and addictive drug.

According to KYW-TV, a teacher spotted students playing with the bags in the classroom and some of them had been opened — at least one bag was said to have been chewed open by a child. Police and emergency medical response teams were called to the school.

All of the students were examined at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and released without any reports of problems relating to the drug interaction.

Scissors-32x32.png

The mother of the child who brought the drugs into the classroom was interviewed by detectives, but declined to comment on the incident.

Scissors-32x32.png

A late report Tuesday from KYW-TV says that a search of the mother’s home found more drugs. Police expect to file charges against the mother of the child and her boyfriend.

TheBlaze via iOTW

Sometimes those burkas are very handy for hiding behind.

• Like 1

Sometimes those burkas are very handy for hiding behind.

Hey.. I recognize that woman. She looks very familiar. I think that I know her.

• Like 3

SrWoodchuck

Lying Hick: Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper is Lying.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/06/15/colorado-governor-john-hickenlooper-lying/

As posted on Friday evening by Moe Lane, and picked up today by Jazz Shaw over at HotAir, embattled Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper is having some buyer’s remorse on the gun control legislation he and his party foisted upon the people of Colorado. These laws resulted in the historic recall elections last year that ousted the sitting Senate President and an up an coming female Democrat from the liberal stronghold of Pueblo, as well as a resignation from State Senator Evie Hudak.

Governor Hickenlooper is up for reelection this year and has largely lost the thin veneer of a moderate democrat, which, along with a meltdown in the GOP, led to his victory in 2010.

As Moe noted in his post, Hickenlooper apologized to a group a sheriffs for not meeting with them prior to passage of the controversial, and roundly unpopular, legislation. But there is more to this story.

Our friends over at Revealing Politics had a tracker in the room for Hickenlooper’s apology session with the sheriffs.

While the democratic Governor of the state of Colorado apologized, he also blatantly lied to the sheriffs.

Scissors-32x32.png

RedState via DougRoss@Journal

SrWoodchuck

Forbidden to mention his faith...3 drafts of his speech as salutatorian.....denied...he says this:

Via iOTW

• Like 3

Forbidden to mention his faith...3 drafts of his speech as salutatorian.....denied...he says this:

Via iOTW

Good for him!

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Trademark board rules against Redskins name http://www.modbee.com/2014/06/18/3396697/trademark-board-rules-against.html?sp=/99/1571/&ihp=1

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Patent Office ruled Wednesday that the Washington Redskins nickname is "disparaging of Native Americans" and that the team's federal trademarks for the name must be canceled.

The 2-1 ruling comes after a campaign to change the name gained momentum over the past year. The team doesn't immediately lose trademark protection and is allowed to retain it during an appeal, which is likely.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has refused to change the team's name, citing tradition, but there has been growing pressure including statements in recent months from President Barack Obama, lawmakers of both parties and civil rights groups.

The decision means that the team can continue to use the Redskins name, but it would lose a significant portion of its ability to protect the financial interests connected to its use. If others printed the name on sweatshirts, apparel, or other team material, it becomes more difficult to go after groups who use it without permission.

The case involves six registered trademarks that involve the use of the word Redskins, but it does not apply to the team's logo.

The decision by the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board is similar to one it issued in 1999. That ruling was overturned in 2003 in large part on a technicality after the courts decided that the plaintiffs should have filed their complaint soon after the Redskins registered their nickname in 1967.

The new case was launched in 2006 by a younger group of Native Americans, and was heard by the board in March of last year.

The group argued that the Redskins should lose their federal trademark protection based on a law that prohibits registered names that are disparaging, scandalous, contemptuous or disreputable.

Scissors-32x32.png

What the junta wants....the junta gets.....using whatever means possible.

I'm looking ahead to a time when these PC, Nanny-ninny bastids, are no longer on our necks.

Hopefully I'll still be on this side of the dirt.

Via Wirecutter

Cyber_Liberty

@Valin,

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:31 PM
Irony Alert!!!

a4bb12dedd889803acc2356d77247a41.jpg

I'm not sure I see what the problem is. She doesn't appear likely to be all that interested in male colleagues.

The "Patton" Doctrine:

Via BonedJello

this is exactly the sort of idea I would expect from writers pretending they have a clue one of 1. George Patton jr. and his thinking on war 2. the nature of this war, what it will require to win it. 3. fornication...with other than their right/left hand. It other words prefect for the audience of Don Imus.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

The "Patton" Doctrine:

Via BonedJello

this is exactly the sort of idea I would expect from writers pretending they have a clue one of 1. George Patton jr. and his thinking on war 2. the nature of this war, what it will require to win it. 3. fornication...with other than their right/left hand. It other words prefect for the audience of Don Imus.

sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA

noun

1.the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2.a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3.a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Origin: 1500–10; < Latin satira, variant of satura medley, perhaps feminine derivative of satur sated (see saturate)

Related forms

non·sat·ire, noun

Can be confused:

1. burlesque, caricature, cartoon, parody, satire (see synonym study at burlesque)(see synonym study at the current entry) ; 2. satire, satyr.

Synonyms

1. See irony1 . 2, 3. burlesque, caricature, parody, travesty. Satire, lampoon refer to literary forms in which vices or follies are ridiculed. Satire the general term, often emphasizes the weakness more than the weak person, and usually implies moral judgment and corrective purpose: Swift's satire of human pettiness and bestiality. Lampoon refers to a form of satire, often political or personal, characterized by the malice or virulence of its attack: lampoons of the leading political figures.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

lit·er·al·ism [lit-er-uh-liz-uhm] Show IPA

noun

1.adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense, as in translation or interpretation: to interpret the law with uncompromising literalism.

2.a peculiarity of expression resulting from this: The work is studded with these obtuse literalisms.

3.exact representation or portrayal, without idealization, as in art or literature: a literalism more appropriate to journalism than to the novel.

Origin:

1635–45; literal + -ism

Related forms

lit·er·al·ist, noun

lit·er·al·is·tic, adjective

lit·er·al·is·ti·cal·ly, adverb

SrWoodchuck

@Valin,

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Irony Alert!!!

a4bb12dedd889803acc2356d77247a41.jpg

I'm not sure I see what the problem is. She doesn't appear likely to be all that interested in male colleagues.

MSU-North Vice Chancellor

She's just got the one "vice"........she's touchy-feely