Coffee Shop

Rheo

Weel in Pictures Monday Bonus

Predictable Headline of the Day

Steven Hayward

3/31/14

We were told a few days ago that we were going to be able to resolve the Ukrainian crisis through diplomacy, because John Kerry is on the job.

From the Wall Street Journal this morning:

Kerry’s Talks With Russia’s Lavrov Fail to Ease Ukraine Crisis

321x230xLavrov-1-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-

Wow, you really ARE that goofy looking!

(Snip)

580x316xLavrov-4-copy-600x327.jpg.pagesp

He’s STILL talking?

(Snip)

364x238xLavrov-2-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4

And then the Russians said I had been bumped back to coach.

Even after I went to all that trouble to get my new manly chin.

Birthers! Stand way the heck back! Do we have a new Oblasphemy? Sure to twist some heads right off....so take with a grain of salt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAXqKugXkg&feature=player_embedded

Via iOTW......blame them....not me!

Oh, what next? There is no doubt Michelle has a large, muscular body, but I have to admit -- my ring finger is a whole fingernail longer than my index finger. And I am not a man.

SrWoodchuck

Birthers! Stand way the heck back! Do we have a new Oblasphemy? Sure to twist some heads right off....so take with a grain of salt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAXqKugXkg&feature=player_embedded

Via iOTW......blame them....not me!

Oh, what next? There is no doubt Michelle has a large, muscular body, but I have to admit -- my ring finger is a whole fingernail longer than my index finger. And I am not a man.

Sweet @nickydog!

Yes. Sweet E has a longer ring finger as well.....and that monotone delivery makes it almost seem to be computer generated.

I think that there is an evil aura of secrecy that envelops the Obama's......and it makes people reach for some crazy reasons for their appearance & actions.

I can see some women having some extra male chromosomes, though.

The appearance of muscularity can be attractive.....Amazon women from the Moon come to mind. [J/K]

Personally, I think that whatever they're hiding is evil & contrary to the best that America represents.....but it comes from an evil & destructive ideology.....and a lack of basic human compassion. [JMO]

Edited to add: I think that IF there were something scary or not kosher....it would make the progressive minders of the Obama's, giddy with glee....to know that they were "putting one over" on the religious, heterosexual, patriarchal, male-centric, staid & conservative center of America.

Edited by SrWoodchuck
  • Like 1

SrWoodchuck

HUGE MAJOR REALLY REALLY TERRIBLE PROBLEMS in Boulder! ohmy.png

@nickydog

I just want to let you know I am...concerned, and my brow is furrowed .

My first thought was how expensive such a program would be, but with their new marijuana revenue Boulder could easily afford it.

You think there might be some connection between the two? biggrin.png

The Comrades from the Republic of Boulder have probably already spent the "Pot-o-Gold" from pot revenue....on necessary things like OK-LGBT-DNA-PTA workshops....and meat replacement technology.

Reminds me of this....very NSFW [naughty words]...but funny scene:

• Like 1

Unwanted visitor: Huge Burmese python found on city property near Marco airport

I know this is not really news, but at bottom of above article is a really big time announcement:

"If you see this species (alive or dead) or any lizard 12 inches or larger or snakes with shiny scales and bold markings, please call immediately: 1-888-IVE-GOT1 and report online at www.ivegot1.org, Richie wrote."

So in case there's big rewards I will be reporting:

Harry Reid

Nancy Pelosi

Lindsey Graham

John McCain

Debbie WassermanSchulz

• Like 1

HUGE MAJOR REALLY REALLY TERRIBLE PROBLEMS in Boulder! ohmy.png

@nickydog

I just want to let you know I am...concerned, and my brow is furrowed .

My first thought was how expensive such a program would be, but with their new marijuana revenue Boulder could easily afford it.

You think there might be some connection between the two? biggrin.png

The Comrades from the Republic of Boulder have probably already spent the "Pot-o-Gold" from pot revenue....on necessary things like OK-LGBT-DNA-PTA workshops....and meat replacement technology.

Reminds me of this....very NSFW [naughty words]...but funny scene:

Cheech & Chong NSFW! Well there's a shock! laugh.png

HEY!!!!! RED FREAK!

SrWoodchuck

Not....an April Fools Joke...

Egyptian Journalist Sues Jewish State Demanding Reparations For 10 Biblical Plagues… http://weaselzippers.us/181359-egyptian-journalist-sues-jewish-state-demanding-reparations-for-10-biblical-plagues/

Scissors-32x32.png

Ahmad al-Gamal, an Egyptian columnist for Egyptian daily Al-Yawm Al-Sabi, advocated in the newspaper on March 11 that Egypt sue the State of Israel for damages caused by the 10 Biblical plagues.

“We want compensation for the plagues that were inflicted upon [us] as a result of the curses that the Jews’ ancient forefathers [cast] upon our ancient forefathers, who did not deserve to pay for the mistake that Egypt’s ruler at the time, Pharaoh, committed,” the cranky journalist wrote, according to a translation provided by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

Scissors-32x32.png

I guess....any joke here.....would be that Islam had even a grain of humor......barring the odd beheading joke....or gettin' stoned....

Via WeaselZippers

Magnitude 8.0 quake off Chile sparks tsunami warning along Latin America's Pacific coast

(Reuters) - A massive magnitude 8.0 earthquake on Tuesday off the coast of Chile, near the mining port of Iquique, sparked a tsunami warning for all of Latin America's Pacific coast, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said.

"An earthquake of this size has the potential to generate a destructive tsunami that can strike coastlines near the epicentre within minutes and more distant coastlines within hours," it said.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was very shallow, only 6.2 miles (10 km) below the seabed. It was cantered 53 miles (86 km) northwest of Iquique, Chile's main mining export port.

clearvision

Magnitude 8.0 quake off Chile sparks tsunami warning along Latin America's Pacific coast

(Reuters) - A massive magnitude 8.0 earthquake on Tuesday off the coast of Chile, near the mining port of Iquique, sparked a tsunami warning for all of Latin America's Pacific coast, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said.

"An earthquake of this size has the potential to generate a destructive tsunami that can strike coastlines near the epicentre within minutes and more distant coastlines within hours," it said.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was very shallow, only 6.2 miles (10 km) below the seabed. It was cantered 53 miles (86 km) northwest of Iquique, Chile's main mining export port.

upgraded to 8.2

Liberal "social engineering" run amok....

Chapel Hill is a liberal bastion here in NC... but pales in comparison to its adjacent community of Carboro (a mini-Berkley in the Mid Atlantic).

WRAL

Carrborro may extend ban on drive-throughs

Carrboro, N.C. — Elected leaders in Carrboro are considering a ban on the construction of new drive-through windows, saying it will make the community a better place to live.

“(We’re) trying to think about Carrboro in the next several decades. What is the vision we have for our community?” Alderman Damon Seils said Tuesday.

For Seils, that vision is one of a more pedestrian-friendly town where residents are less dependent on their cars.

Carrboro banned drive-through windows in its downtown area 15 years ago. If approved, the existing law would be amended to prohibit new drive-through windows from being built on restaurants, banks and possibly pharmacies through the entire town.

“The vitality of our downtown has been enhanced by things like not allowing more drive-throughs,” Seils said. “I would like to see that vitality spread throughout the community.”
Scissors-32x32.png

What is wrong with colleges today.

Dartmouth’s chickens come home to roost — in the president’s office
Paul Mirengoff
4/2/14

The Dartmouth students known as “Concerned Asian, Black, Latin@, Native, Undocumented, Queer, and Differently-Abled students” have followed through on their threat to take “physical action” if the College’s administrators don’t reply to their demands. Their physical action consists of occupying the office of Phil Hanlon, Dartmouth’s president.

The demands of these activists are so absurd that when I first reported on them some very intelligent people told me that this was a hoax. Here are some of the demands:

Incorporate into each department at least one queer studies class.

Commit multi-millions of dollars to increase faculty and staff of color in all departments, and create a “professor of color” lecture series.

Require ALL professors to be trained in “cultural competency” and the “importance of social justice in their day to day work.”

Ask faculty to use preferred gender pronouns. Allow body and gender self-determination.

Provide gender-neutral housing to all students. Provide gender-specific and gender-neutral bathrooms in every building on campus.

Provide free legal assistance and financial aid for undocumented students to “better understand each of their unique legal statuses.”

Require that every Dartmouth student be taught and made aware that the land they reside on is Abenaki homeland.

All male-female checkboxes should be replaced with write-in boxes to make forms, surveys, and applications more inclusive for trans, two-spirit, agender, gender-nonconforming and genderqueer folks campus-wide.

(Snip)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one told these clown to go pound sand. And that is the problem.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Paul Mirengoff

4/2/14

The Dartmouth students known as “Concerned Asian, Black, Latin@, Native, Undocumented, Queer, and Differently-Abled students” have followed through on their threat to take “physical action” if the College’s administrators don’t reply to their demands. Their physical action consists of occupying the office of Phil Hanlon, Dartmouth’s president.

The demands of these activists are so absurd that when I first reported on them some very intelligent people told me that this was a hoax. Here are some of the demands:

Incorporate into each department at least one queer studies class.

Commit multi-millions of dollars to increase faculty and staff of color in all departments, and create a “professor of color” lecture series.

Require ALL professors to be trained in “cultural competency” and the “importance of social justice in their day to day work.”

Ask faculty to use preferred gender pronouns. Allow body and gender self-determination.

Provide gender-neutral housing to all students. Provide gender-specific and gender-neutral bathrooms in every building on campus.

Provide free legal assistance and financial aid for undocumented students to “better understand each of their unique legal statuses.”

Require that every Dartmouth student be taught and made aware that the land they reside on is Abenaki homeland.

All male-female checkboxes should be replaced with write-in boxes to make forms, surveys, and applications more inclusive for trans, two-spirit, agender, gender-nonconforming and genderqueer folks campus-wide.

(Snip)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Valin! Your comment.........absolutely!

Paul Mirengoff

4/2/14

@Valin! Your comment.........absolutely!

Just one of the many things i don't understand.

So much for feedom of thought (if it's not leftist that is...)

The "summary statemen" in the headline peaked my curiosity about Mozilla/Firefox.

ZDNET

Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich resigns amid controversy

Summary: "We didn’t act like you’d expect Mozilla to act," said the software company's executive chairwoman in a memo on Thursday.

Following a whirlwind of controversy and a few weeks in the headlines, Brendan Eich is resigning as Mozilla's chief executive officer.

Mozilla announced the decision in a blog post on Thursday.

Eich had only been chief of the company behind popular web browser Firefox for a very brief term. Mozilla had been searching for a new CEO since Gary Kovacs, who came on-board in 2010, departed almost a year ago.

But it soon came to light, or rather resurfaced, that Eich had made a $1,000 donation to the campaign supporting Proposition 8 amid the 2008 Presidential election.

Prop. 8 sought to ban same-sex marriage in California.

Although he initially rebuffed criticism about his donations and politics, Eich soon expressed sorrow "at having caused pain" to Firefox users offended by his donation.

Those sentiments weren't nearly enough for Internet users and even Mozilla's board members alike -- three of whom were initially reported to have jumped ship over Eich's appointment.

Scissors-32x32.png

So much for feedom of thought (if it's not leftist that is...)

The "summary statemen" in the headline peaked my curiosity about Mozilla/Firefox.

ZDNET

Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich resigns amid controversy

Summary: "We didnt act like youd expect Mozilla to act," said the software company's executive chairwoman in a memo on Thursday.

Following a whirlwind of controversy and a few weeks in the headlines, Brendan Eich is resigning as Mozilla's chief executive officer.

Mozilla announced the decision in a blog post on Thursday.

Eich had only been chief of the company behind popular web browser Firefox for a very brief term. Mozilla had been searching for a new CEO since Gary Kovacs, who came on-board in 2010, departed almost a year ago.

But it soon came to light, or rather resurfaced, that Eich had made a $1,000 donation to the campaign supporting Proposition 8 amid the 2008 Presidential election.

Prop. 8 sought to ban same-sex marriage in California.

Although he initially rebuffed criticism about his donations and politics, Eich soon expressed sorrow "at having caused pain" to Firefox users offended by his donation.

Those sentiments weren't nearly enough for Internet users and even Mozilla's board members alike -- three of whom were initially reported to have jumped ship over Eich's appointment.

Scissors-32x32.png

Score one for the Brownshirts.