Coffee Shop

Rheo

Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps in care facility

ASSOCIATED PRESS

3/17/14

TOPEKA, Kan. The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., who founded a Kansas church widely known for its protests at military funerals and anti-gay sentiments, is in a care facility, according to a church spokesman.

Phelps, 84, is being cared for in a Shawnee County facility, Westboro Baptist Church spokesman Steve Drain said Sunday. Drain wouldn't identify the facility.

"I can tell you that Fred Phelps is having some health problems," Drain said. "He's an old man, and old people get health problems."

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

It will be a good day when this...."Person" dies. Tomorrow works for me.

• Like 2

Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'?
Natural and social scientists develop new model of how 'perfect storm' of crises could unravel global system

A new study sponsored by Nasa's Goddard Space Flight Center has highlighted the prospect that global industrial civilisation could collapse in coming decades due to unsustainable resource exploitation and increasingly unequal wealth distribution.

Noting that warnings of 'collapse' are often seen to be fringe or controversial, the study attempts to make sense of compelling historical data showing that "the process of rise-and-collapse is actually a recurrent cycle found throughout history." Cases of severe civilisational disruption due to "precipitous collapse - often lasting centuries - have been quite common."

The research project is based on a new cross-disciplinary 'Human And Nature DYnamical' (HANDY) model, led by applied mathematician Safa Motesharrei of the US National Science Foundation-supported National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center, in association with a team of natural and social scientists. The study based on the HANDY model has been accepted for publication in the peer-reviewed Elsevier journal, Ecological Economics.

(Snip)

lifeisshortdessertfirst.jpg?w=540&h=370

SrWoodchuck

Penn Dem AG Shuts Down Corruption Sting After Only Black Democrats Are Caught, Blames Racism… http://weaselzippers.us/179666-penn-dem-ag-shuts-down-corruption-sting-after-only-black-democrats-are-caught-blames-racism/

It started as a plea arrangement between a lobbyist arrested for fraud and the Republican attorney general of the state of Pennsylvania. And it ended not with a bang but a whimper by the new Democratic attorney general, who shut down the investigation without filing a single charge.

Philly.com quotes Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane, who took office in 2013, as telling the Inquirer that the investigation was “poorly conceived, badly managed, and tainted by racism, saying it had targeted African Americans.”

The undercover sting, begun three years ago by Kane’s predecessor, Republican Tom Corbett, captured leading Philadelphia Democrats, including four local members of the state’s House delegation, on tape accepting money. The lobbyist who agreed to wear a wire and tape officials reacting to offers of cash and/or gifts is Tyron B. Ali, 40, who was arrested in a $430,000 fraud case.

“Sources with knowledge of the sting said the investigation made financial pitches to both Republicans and Democrats, but only Democrats accepted the payments,” said the Inquirer.

Four state lawmakers took money, the sources said. State Rep. Ronald G. Waters accepted multiple payments totaling $7,650; State Rep. Vanessa Brown took $4,000; State Rep. Michelle Brownlee received $3,500; and State Rep. Louise Bishop took $1,500, said people with knowledge of the investigation.

In the Brown exchange, Ali paid a visit to the representative in her office and “handed her an envelope with $2,000, according to people who have reviewed a transcript of a tape Ali made on that day.”

As Brown accepted the money, they said, she put it in her purse and said: “Yo, good looking and Ooowee…. Thank you twice.”

After he gave Brown the money, Ali urged her to vote against a bill that would require voters to show identification at the polls, the sources said.

Scissors-32x32.png

LibertyUnyielding: http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/03/17/pa-ag-shuts-corruption-sting-many-fellow-dems-caught-redhanded/

Via WeaselZippers

Eric Wolfson

#ThatAwkwardMoment when the #GOP try to prove their patriotism…by siding with #Putin over #Obama. #Crimea #Ukraine

BjBMop0IUAAK6IW.jpg

Eric makes a early and bold move to become the moron of the week

Experts agree that this is a move that could take him over the goal line...But we haven't heard from either Ed Schultz or Al Sharpton. Never count the Pro's out until the game is over.

SrWoodchuck

Re: MH370

Read a short post from a private pilot that made this observation:

Did Malaysian Airlines 370 disappear using SIA68/SQ68 (another 777)?

http://mh370shadow.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

As a hobby pilot and aviation enthusiast, a theory began to form in my own mind on this 10th day as all of the latest information began to trickle in slowly through media outlets globally. After being unable to escape the idea that it may have happened, I began to do some analysis and research and what I discovered was very troubling to me!

Starting with a set of facts that have been made available publicly and verified over the past few days, I first plotted MH370’s course onto an aviation IFR map which shows the airways and waypoints used to navigate the skies. I plotted the point where it stopped transmitting ADS-B information at 1721UTC. I then plotted the Malaysian military radar track from that point towards “VAMPI”, “GIVAL”, and then onward toward “IGREX” on P628 ending with where the plane should be at 1815UTC when military radar lost contact.

Scissors-32x32.png

Nothing profound there… but then I looked to see what other planes were in the air at 1815UTC and I looked to see exactly where they were positioned in the sky and where they were flying. The picture started to develop when I discovered that another Boeing 777 was en-route from Singapore over the Andaman Sea.

Scissors-32x32.png

It became apparent as I inspected SIA68’s flight path history that MH370 had maneuvered itself directly behind SIA68 at approximately 18:00UTC and over the next 15 minutes had been following SIA68. All the pieces of my theory had been fitting together with the facts that have been publically released and I began to feel a little uneasy.

Singapore Airlines Flight 68 proceeded across the Andaman Sea into the Bay of Bengal and finally into India’s airspace. From there it appears to have proceeded across India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and finally Turkmenistan before proceeding onward across Europe to its final destination of Barcelona, Spain.

This map depicts the approximate flight path of SIA flight 68 on that particular day. Additional detail will be required from each countries aviation authorities to establish exact particulars of the route.

Scissors-32x32.png

So by now, you may have caught on or you may be scratching your head and wondering if I’ve gone insane! How does SIA68 have anything to do with MH370 disappearing? Remember the one challenge that is currently making everyone doubt that MH370 actually flew to Turkmenistan, Iran, China, or Kyrgyzstan? That challenge is the thought that MH370 couldn’t make it through several key airspaces such as India or Afghanistan without being detected by the military.

It is my belief that MH370 likely flew in the shadow of SIA68 through India and Afghanistan airspace. As MH370 was flying “dark” without transponder / ADS-B output, SIA68 would have had no knowledge that MH370 was anywhere around and as it entered Indian airspace, it would have shown up as one single blip on the radar with only the transponder information of SIA68 lighting up ATC and military radar screens.

Wouldn’t the SIA68 flight have detected MH370?

NO! The Boeing 777 utilizes a TCAS system for traffic avoidance; the system would ordinarily provide alerts and visualization to pilots if another airplane was too close. However that system only operates by receiving the transponder information from other planes and displaying it for the pilot. If MH370 was flying without the transponder, it would have been invisible to SIA68.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheFeralIrishman

SrWoodchuck

Penn Dem AG Shuts Down Corruption Sting After Only Black Democrats Are Caught, Blames Racism… http://weaselzippers.us/179666-penn-dem-ag-shuts-down-corruption-sting-after-only-black-democrats-are-caught-blames-racism/

Say what you will (and I could say a great deal) it must be admitted the PA Dems are Bold. So the question is...what will happen next?

@Valin

Guess it would be racist to ask that the Dems give the bribe money back?

@SrWoodchuck

There sure are lots of theories re MH370. I think the shadowing is about as good as any at this point. Tire fire in the wheel well(s), gases from ripened mangosteen cargo, aliens, Michelle's blue dress, electrical fire (via Wired.... http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/ )

This is best place to stay tuned, IMHO

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-293.html

• Like 1

Say what you will (and I could say a great deal) it must be admitted the PA Dems are Bold. So the question is...what will happen next?

@Valin

Guess it would be racist to ask that the Dems give the bribe money back?

EXCUSE ME! Bribe Money? I think you're being a little...judgmental. It very well could have been just a merry mix up....an accounting error. laugh.png

WestVirginiaRebel

White House Pastry Chef Quits

The openly gay chef was hired by Laura Bush in 2007 to make his trademark cookie plates and sugar sculptures. Mrs. Obama took over in 2009 and ordered Yosses to make healthier plates in smaller portions.

Yosses began replacing butter with fruit puree and sugar with honey and agave. But Yosses was never fully committed to the new policy.

“I don’t want to demonize cream, butter, sugar and eggs,” Yosses said, noting that his departure from the White House is a “bittersweet decision.”

SrWoodchuck

@nickydog

Look at that manly chin! I have to be honest I feel inspired when ever I see that chin.

Makes a good target for some pugilistic artistry. Jab, jab, hook, clinch, uppercut.....canvas.

• Like 1

@nickydog

Look at that manly chin! I have to be honest I feel inspired when ever I see that chin.

But if you notice, he still needs speech therapy as he hasn't been able to say a proper "s" since he had that surgery. Stick your chin out and then say "Sister Susie sits on thistles" and you'll see what I mean. What a fool. On the other hand, the chin is certainly more inspiring than anything he said.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

Beyoncé Wants to #BanBossy, But Makes Millions Using Another B-Word http://www.tpnn.com/2014/03/17/beyonce-wants-to-banbossy-but-makes-millions-using-another-b-word/

Beyonce.gif

Beyoncé and Michelle Obama are on a crusade along with Facebook COO Sheryl Sandburg. They want to ban the word bossy and have launched a #BanBossy campaign with a video featuring Beyoncé, Michelle Obama, Glee’s Jane Lynch, Jennifer Garner and Condoleezza Rice. Heck, with Condi, they can claim bi-partisanship, right?

Their claim is that girls being called ‘bossy’ keeps them from aspiring into leadership roles. So, in all their infinite wisdom, these high successful and very wealthy women have decided the solution is to be the speech police and ban words. In fact, Sandburg suggested to parents that, instead of telling their girls they are ‘bossy,’ they should say they have ‘executive leadership skills.’

But, these thought policewomen have ignored a word that begins with a ‘b’ that is far more inflammatory, insulting, and egregious than the word bossy. It’s a word that is used constantly in the entertainment industry. From television shows, to movies, to music, this word has almost become second nature and very common. That is the word ‘bitch.’

Newsbusters reports on the usage of the word on television shows within a span of one week.

But while the speech police are busy handing out citations, perhaps they could inform the public how they stand on the other B-word. Once considered a dirty – or at least an inappropriately coarse – word, “bitch” is now in common use in entertainment media. Given that it’s gender-specific, obviously insulting and, as often currently used, is shorthand for subjugation, honest feminists should find “bitch” far more troubling than “bossy.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Much better to say, "Beyotch".....sounding sorta like "Beyonce," don't you think?

Via iOTW

Edited to add: This 'No Bossy' schtick is a political PC edict, that is thought to help Killary in her climb to the top of the dung heap.

Edited by SrWoodchuck
  • Like 1