Coffee Shop

Rheo

@Valin

Google translation of

http://pic.people.com.cn/n/2014/0310/c1016-24591859.html

People Beijing March 10 (Reporter Zhao Jing)

during the two sessions, people are more willing to Mao Xinyu called "Mao members," not only because he is a member of the CPPCC National Committee, but his grandfather Mao Zedong in the 1920s and 1930s early revolutionary career Jibei people affectionately known as "Mao members." As a leader of offspring, Mao Xinyu members great concern, he also approachable to everyone was impressed.

"people are more willing to Mao Xinyu called "Mao members,""

Actual meaning that they call him Mao Members as in plural due to massive girth.

"he also approachable to everyone was impressed"

due to Honorable Members' size all other objects dwarf in comparison, and like dark hole, cannot help but circle about him

At 5'3"......a size 58 Portly...is just a tad long in the arms.

BTW....@Pepper......is "dark hole" half racist?

And how many people did Mao kill? ...Millions!

SrWoodchuck

@Valin

Google translation of

http://pic.people.com.cn/n/2014/0310/c1016-24591859.html

People Beijing March 10 (Reporter Zhao Jing)

during the two sessions, people are more willing to Mao Xinyu called "Mao members," not only because he is a member of the CPPCC National Committee, but his grandfather Mao Zedong in the 1920s and 1930s early revolutionary career Jibei people affectionately known as "Mao members." As a leader of offspring, Mao Xinyu members great concern, he also approachable to everyone was impressed.

"people are more willing to Mao Xinyu called "Mao members,""

Actual meaning that they call him Mao Members as in plural due to massive girth.

"he also approachable to everyone was impressed"

due to Honorable Members' size all other objects dwarf in comparison, and like dark hole, cannot help but circle about him

At 5'3"......a size 58 Portly...is just a tad long in the arms.

BTW....@Pepper......is "dark hole" half racist?

And how many people did Mao kill? ...Millions!

?

I guess the dem senators are spending the night talking about global warming.

Someone on FNC tonight pointed out that the lights will be blazing -- wasting energy. In more ways than one....

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

10's of millions died under Mao.

1.) Yes, I've known those facts since the 1960's.

2.) I was making a sartorial comment about Mao's grandson.

3.) The comment was addressed/quoted to a post made by @Pepper.

Consider me thoroughly chastised if that was your intent, though.....

• Like 1

2.) I was making a sartorial comment about Mao's grandson.

Ah but it appears he is a real chick magnet. smile.png

They come runnin' just as fast as they can

coz every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Consider me thoroughly chastised if that was your intent, though

@SrWoodchuck

You conquered Chastity back in 9th grade and never looked back

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

Way back in 9th grade, I was still self-chastised, @Pepper!

blush.png

@SrWoodchuck

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

blush.png

Good.

@SrWoodchuck

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

blush.png

unsure.png I'm getting some very very disturbing images!

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

blush.png

unsure.png I'm getting some very very disturbing images!

At that time, the most disturbing image was the way I dressed. I had gone to parochial school for almost all 8 years of elementary school, where I'd had to wear a uniform. This was my first year in public school....so I rebelled.....by wearing madras & polka dots....horizontal & vertical stripes.....different plaids....and neon colors. Yeeeeesh!

@SrWoodchuck

I have some photos of myself as a youth....They will never ever under any circumstance what so ever see the light of day....embarrassing is where they start, and go rapidly downhill from there.

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

I have some photos of myself as a youth....They will never ever under any circumstance what so ever see the light of day....embarrassing is where they start, and go rapidly downhill from there.

@Valin

At least you had the advantage of starting from a great height [embarrassment].......although my glaring, clashing fax-pas of dress....made people give me a wide berth. I didn't know why...but I liked it.

Later I learned:

Bright colors & mismatched clothing can be a sign of mental instability.....a sign of mental instability.....a sign of mental instability.....

Sheila Jackson Lee

Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority — the Republicans, my chairman and others — for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.

huh.png

God bless your little heart! biggrin.png

sheila-jackson-lee.jpg

• Like 3

Best. Obituary. Ever.
Steven Hayward
3/13/14

There was quite a lot of notice given to this obituary last November of Leonard Smith, who asked that in lieu of flowers, “the family asks that you cancel your subscription to The New York Times.” A rather sensible suggestion.

But I think I’ve found one that is even better from earlier this week, for Walter George Bruhl, a retired chemical company executive. Highlights:

Walter George Bruhl Jr. of Newark and Dewey Beach is a dead person; he is no more; he is bereft of life; he is deceased; he has rung down the curtain and gone to join the choir invisible; he has expired and gone to meet his maker.

He drifted off this mortal coil Sunday, March 9, 2014, in Punta Gorda, Fla. His spirit was released from his worn-out shell of a body and is now exploring the universe.

(Snip)

Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935; a spinal disc in 1974; a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988; and his prostate on March 27, 2000.

(Snip)

There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels in his hand so he would appear natural to visitors.

Cremation will take place at the family’s convenience, and his ashes will be kept in an urn until they get tired of having it around. What’s a Grecian Urn? Oh, about 200 drachmas a week.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I LOVE IT!

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/05/97-study-falsely-classifies-scientists.html

The paper, Cook et al. (2013) 'Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature' searched the Web of Science for the phrases "global warming" and "global climate change" then categorizing these results to their alleged level of endorsement of AGW. These results were then used to allege a 97% consensus on human-caused global warming.

To get to the truth, I emailed a sample of scientists whose papers were used in the study and asked them if the categorization by Cook et al. (2013) is an accurate representation of their paper. Their responses are eye opening and evidence that the Cook et al. (2013) team falsely classified scientists' papers as "endorsing AGW", apparently believing to know more about the papers than their authors.

Scissors-32x32.png

Dr. Idso, your paper 'Ultra-enhanced spring branch growth in CO2-enriched trees: can it alter the phase of the atmosphere’s seasonal CO2 cycle?' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as; "Implicitly endorsing AGW without minimizing it."

Is this an accurate representation of your paper?

Idso: "That is not an accurate representation of my paper. The papers examined how the rise in atmospheric CO2 could be inducing a phase advance in the spring portion of the atmosphere's seasonal CO2 cycle. Other literature had previously claimed a measured advance was due to rising temperatures, but we showed that it was quite likely the rise in atmospheric CO2 itself was responsible for the lion's share of the change. It would be incorrect to claim that our paper was an endorsement of CO2-induced global warming."

Scissors-32x32.png

Dr. Scafetta, your paper 'Phenomenological solar contribution to the 1900–2000 global surface warming' is categorized by Cook et al. (2013) as; "Explicitly endorses and quantifies AGW as 50+%"

Is this an accurate representation of your paper?

Scafetta: "Cook et al. (2013) is based on a strawman argument because it does not correctly define the IPCC AGW theory, which is NOT that human emissions have contributed 50%+ of the global warming since 1900 but that almost 90-100% of the observed global warming was induced by human emission.

What my papers say is that the IPCC view is erroneous because about 40-70% of the global warming observed from 1900 to 2000 was induced by the sun. This implies that the true climate sensitivity to CO2 doubling is likely around 1.5 C or less, and that the 21st century projections must be reduced by at least a factor of 2 or more. Of that the sun contributed (more or less) as much as the anthropogenic forcings.

The "less" claim is based on alternative solar models (e.g. ACRIM instead of PMOD) and also on the observation that part of the observed global warming might be due to urban heat island effect, and not to CO2.

By using the 50% borderline a lot of so-called "skeptical works" including some of mine are included in their 97%."

Any further comment on the Cook et al. (2013) paper?

Scafetta: "Please note that it is very important to clarify that the AGW advocated by the IPCC has always claimed that 90-100% of the warming observed since 1900 is due to anthropogenic emissions. While critics like me have always claimed that the data would approximately indicate a 50-50 natural-anthropogenic contribution at most.

What it is observed right now is utter dishonesty by the IPCC advocates. Instead of apologizing and honestly acknowledging that the AGW theory as advocated by the IPCC is wrong because based on climate models that poorly reconstruct the solar signature and do not reproduce the natural oscillations of the climate (AMO, PDO, NAO etc.) and honestly acknowledging that the truth, as it is emerging, is closer to what claimed by IPCC critics like me since 2005, these people are trying to get the credit."

Scissors-32x32.png

Update 1: Dr. Tol also found problems with the classifications http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/05/97-study-falsely-classifies-scientists.html#Update1

Update 2: Dr. Morner, Soon and Carlin also falsely classified http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/05/97-study-falsely-classifies-scientists.html#Update2

Scissors-32x32.png

PopularTechnology.net via WeaselZippers

Best. Obituary. Ever.

Steven Hayward

3/13/14

There was quite a lot of notice given to this obituary last November of Leonard Smith, who asked that in lieu of flowers, “the family asks that you cancel your subscription to The New York Times.” A rather sensible suggestion.

But I think I’ve found one that is even better from earlier this week, for Walter George Bruhl, a retired chemical company executive. Highlights:

Walter George Bruhl Jr. of Newark and Dewey Beach is a dead person; he is no more; he is bereft of life; he is deceased; he has rung down the curtain and gone to join the choir invisible; he has expired and gone to meet his maker.

He drifted off this mortal coil Sunday, March 9, 2014, in Punta Gorda, Fla. His spirit was released from his worn-out shell of a body and is now exploring the universe.

(Snip)

Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935; a spinal disc in 1974; a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988; and his prostate on March 27, 2000.

(Snip)

There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels in his hand so he would appear natural to visitors.

Cremation will take place at the family’s convenience, and his ashes will be kept in an urn until they get tired of having it around. What’s a Grecian Urn? Oh, about 200 drachmas a week.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I LOVE IT!

Yes, as I read it I thought it sounded just like an obituary you would like for yourself. You can write your own, can't you?

Actually, it's obvious that's what this guy did.

Edited by nickydog

Check out CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) -- "France's Reckoning: Rich, Young Flee Welfare State."

Could we be next?