State of the Union (Live?) Thread

clearvision

2014-state-union-address:

The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information on the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.”

Post any thoughts, comments, live or not here. Not sure how many will be able to stomach watching this one....

9pm Eastern.

White House offers second-screen experience for SOTU viewing incentive

In the White House's split-screen live stream of the State of the Union, President Obama will appear alongside image and text graphics that will offer accompanying details to his address. The "enhanced" State of the Union address is meant to provide the public with a second-screen viewing experience of the president's message.

If you were not planning to watch it before that should get you onboard.....

• Like 1

U.S. President Barack Obama will deliver the annual state of the union address tonight, a speech that will lay out his vision for what the White House is calling “a year of action.”

LINK

a year of action .... oh boy.

U.S. President Barack Obama will deliver the annual state of the union address tonight, a speech that will lay out his vision for what the White House is calling “a year of action.”

LINK

a year of action .... oh boy.

"Sure" can't wait for the details wink.png

Rush Limbaugh: The State of Coup, The State of the Union Blacked Out Union Address Party

Depriving the guy with the pen and phone of an audience

By Judi McLeod (Bio and Archives) Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Every King Lear needs a captive audience and without one is merely acting for himself.

As Obama gets ready to preen at tonight’s State of the Union Address, sending out lies lies and more lies over the boob tube, ‘The Tune-out of all Time’ is the Little Guy show prep today.

Calling it “The State of Coup”, Rush Limbaugh said on today’s radio show that all male SOTU attendees should put their arms around another woman and take a selfie—just the way Obama did at the Mandela Memorial

The State of the Union Blacked Out Union Address Party rocking on Facebook will be celebrated all Scissors-32x32.pngJohn D. Trudel, snip and Novelist nails it:

“Tonight President Barack Hussein Obama, the man whom Rahm Emmanuel termed “The Black Jesus,” is doing another State of the Union performance. Few plan to take this seriously. According to Rasmussen, 62% see it as “Just for show.” Scissors-32x32.png

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/60778

"America does not stand still - and neither will I," Obama will tell lawmakers on Tuesday evening, according to excerpts released ahead of the speech. "So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that's what I'm going to do."

Some of his prepared remarks....LOL... like he will have anything else.

First stop is Lanham, Md., just outside the Capital Beltway, where Obama plans to speak about the economy. The White House announced Monday that Obama then plans to fly to the Pittsburgh area to deliver a speech at U.S. Steel's plant in West Mifflin.

The president also plans to visit Wisconsin and Tennessee, although details of those stops have not yet been announced.

O plans on visiting 4 states after the the SOTU . Wisconsin is clearly to talk about Global Warming.

• Like 1

And the answer to the annual trivia contest about which Cabinet secretary will miss President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address is: Ernest Moniz.

White House officials say Moniz, the energy secretary, will be held back from Obama’s speech. The traditional move is aimed at preserving government continuity in case of a catastrophe at the Capitol.

I'm comforted.

Working women and their struggles will form a major part of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.......

I would have never guessed that.

Republican response to the State of the Union to offer ‘more hopeful’ vision

House Republican Conference Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers will offer a “more hopeful” vision that empowers the people over the government in the Republican response to the State of the Union, Tuesday night.

Excerpts provided in advance of her speech reveal that she will speak about jobs, the economy and healthcare, highlighting the Republican ideal while hammering Obama’s record.

The Washington congresswoman will speak following Obama’s State of the Union.

Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) will give the tea party response.

From his FB page.

I am looking forward to delivering the official tea party response to President Obama's State of the Union address. It looks like the president plans to focus on several issues that I have been addressing while rolling out my conservative reform agenda. If this speech is anything like his past speeches that I have attended, he will call for massive expansions of government power to address these issues. I am looking for ideas to incorporate in my response. Tell me in the comments how you would respond to his speech and invite your friends to join the discussion. #SOTU

Economic inequality a major theme of Sen. Mike Lee's tea party State of the Union response

“Sen. Lee will continue to point out how to ‘advance a larger, positive vision of America’ and to ‘craft a practical plan to get us there.’”

By the end of the night we will probably want to hear the alcohol party response....

• Like 1

By the end of the night we will probably want to hear the alcohol party response....

I'll be giving the Tupperware party response

BURP!

• Like 2

I may not make it to the end of the night to do so. lol!

Mike Lee is worth listening to, imo. I like him.

Cathy McMorris Rodgers is also worth listening to. She is a Boehner pick perhaps, but her issues and votes are good.