Dec. 27 1985: Abu Nidal Organization murder 13 Jews

Valin

The Israel Security Agency

On December 27, 1985 El-Al's security system was put to test, as two terrorist cells from Abu Nidal's Damascus-based organization simultaneously attacked crowds of El-Al passengers at the airports of Vienna and Rome.

Background

13 people lost their lives and 76 were injured in the attack in Rome. Three terrorists were killed, and one was wounded and captured. In the attack in Vienna 3 people were killed and 44 were injured. When the Israeli security guards returned fire, the terrorists retreated, seized a vehicle outside the terminal and began to escape. The security guards and the local police force gave chase, and as a result, one terrorist was killed, and two were wounded and captured.

@Valin

Very interesting article and link...

I'm reading Daniel Siva's action series with Gabriel Allon. Allon works for an agency that is modeled after The Israel Security Agency and has fictional plots wrapped around many of the historical events and people mentioned on the site.

@Valin

Very interesting article and link...

I'm reading Daniel Siva's action series with Gabriel Allon. Allon works for an agency that is modeled after The Israel Security Agency and has fictional plots wrapped around many of the historical events and people mentioned on the site.

Abu Nidal Died August 16, 2002, Baghdad, Iraq. To bad he couldn't have lived a bit longer. I'm sure there were people who really wanted to have...chat with him.