'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
phil-robertson-suspended-after-comments-about-homosexualityFox News:

"Duck Dynasty" dad Phil Robertson has been placed on indefinite suspension by the A&E Network following his recent comments on homosexuality, the network announced Wednesday night.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," the network said in a statement.

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

Earlier Wednesday, Roberston had responded to critics who had slammed him for very graphic statements he made about his preference for heterosexual sex over homosexual sex.

“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior,” he said in a statement sent to FOX411.

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

"However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

________

I'm confused. Where's the "bigoted" part?

righteousmomma
I'm confused. Where's the "bigoted" part?

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

Shame on A&E. Their views in no way reflect those of 100% of the viewers of Duck Dynasty.

This is proof positive that their excuse of "we do everything for the money not the politics" is a complete lie.

Biggest thing in tv since who knows when.

The left is going to be surprised when the backlash starts. A road too far...

Duck Dynasty vs. Pajama Boy: Two Americas?

Matt K. Lewis

12/18/13

As youve probably heard, Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has been suspended by A&E over what many are describing as anti-gay comments he made to GQ.

So what did he say that was so bad? Heres an excerpt, via E!:

(Snip)

But Ill make another observation: This may be an attack on unsophisticated country folks as much as it is an attack on orthodox Christianity.

When you consider the more effete, cosmopolitan America that Pajama Boy represents, youll get a sense for why the Duck Dynasty folks are out of touch with todays acceptable norms. There is a huge schism between red state America and blue state America, and these two stories seem to symbolize the yawning chasm.

Ive always felt that this same dichotomy was at least partly to blame for why the mainstream media hated Sarah Palin so much. It wasnt merely her conservative positions, but the fact that she was from Alaska and that she never attempted to conform to their manner of speaking, style, or customs. She didnt culturally evolve. (Kirsten Gillibrand no longer sleeps with two rifles under her bed, but Sarah from Alaska still goes hunting!)

(Snip)

Here is link to the actual article that started it all:

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson

Just starting to read it, and I see a hit piece coming on.

Travels among a strange tribe!

Whoregina 3 minutes ago

Phil has a right to say what he wants. It's called freedom of speech. And even though I disagree with him regarding homosexualiy, I respect his right to say what he feels. The pendulum swings both ways. Being gay myself, I would never want that right to be taken from me. That freedom is for all, not a select few. To have his show revoked or cancelled or whatever because of his opinions is just not fair.

BethK 8 minutes ago

I try not to get political, but it bothers me when people are able to misread/misinterpret something to fit their own agenda. So many people are saying that Phil Robertson was slinging hate speech...he literally says he doesn't judge or condemn and that his job is to "love 'em" and let God sort it out later. So what? The fact that he says something is a sin makes him a hate slinger? Having hateful thoughts about someone is a sin. Lying is a sin. Promiscuity is a sin. His point is that we are all sinners..."For all have sinned and come short of the glory of god." Yes, some of what he said was a little crass...anyone who read the article knows that comment I'm referencing, but none of it was preaching or encouraging hate. I don't have to agree with every word he says, but I at least read the whole article and did not just look at the snippets put on headlines.

The same goes for the comments about segregated-south. He was pointing out that where HE lived and worked side by side with black workers, they were ALL poor together and no one complained. At no time did he say that he thought we should go back to segregation. In fact, he was involved in similar oppression because he was in a SIMILAR situation to many of the oppressed blacks in Louisiana...poor and forced to rely on more well off white farmers. It's not like he was a well-traveled, rich, educated man saying "Yep, those blacks are happy!" He wasn't one of the ones doing the oppressing...he too was at the bottom of the totem pole at the time. If people are going to be angry about something, then they should at least be analytic enough to look at the whole picture and to take in context with what is being said.

Again, my views aren't necessarily the same as his, but I'm not going to crucify someone for something he didn't do. He did not encourage hate of any kind, and to say that he did is a complete misrepresentation of the article.

CNN had a pretty good discussion about it and were one of the few media outlets that I saw that actually went into detail without just raising red flags and getting upset. It's like we're the opposite of Farenheit 451...Liberal views are fine, but conservative views are banned. Sheesh.

'Duck Dynasty' Sponsor We Stand Behind Phil

TMZ STAFF

12/19/2013 10:03 AM PST

If "Duck Dynasty" network A&E feared advertisers would scatter like waterfowl after a shotgun blast because of Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments ... it's not happening.

A company called Skyjacker -- which builds truck suspensions -- tells us it stands solidly behind Phil and the show ... saying it's a matter of God and country -- it's a free country and Phil has a right to his opinions.

Company brass tells us it goes beyond the Constitution ... to the Creator: "We are a Christian- based company and actively share our faith so standing with Phil Robertson is an easy choice for us."

(Snip)

A Duck, a Chicken, a Justice, and Freedom of Speech

Michael Worley

December 19, 2013 2:17 PM

The fall-out from A&Es suspension of Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty is spreading. Its been the top story on Drudge Report all day, and the Facebook page Bring Back Phil Robertson currently has over 100,000 likes. For those who care about religious liberty and man-woman marriage, this is heartening.

This is similar to the reaction that happened when Dan Cathy, president of Chik-fil-A, spoke out in support of man-woman marriage. Eat at Chick-fil-A became a nationwide campaign to show support for freedom of speech.

What do we learn from this?

(Snip)

While the excitement over the Duck Dynasty controversy may fade, one thing is for sure: The Court cannot so easily change the minds of the people about whether supporting man-woman marriage does or does not demean gays and lesbians. It is time courts reconsider what they can get away with.

Change.org Loves Duck Dynasty

Betsy Woodruff

December 19, 2013 4:20 PM

Change.org a site famous for progresive-leaning online petitions has gone all out for Duck Dynastys Phil Robertson. By 2 p.m. today, there were more than 120,000 total signatories on a host of petitions calling for A&E to lift its suspension of the redneck icon. Thats a lot of people, but its especially a lot of people for a site with verticals dedicated to Economic Justice, Sustainable Food, and Gay Rights. Per communications manager Megan Lubin, one petition was started by a woman who identifies herself as bisexual. One petition has more than 52,000 signatories. Another has nearly 65,000. One of the proDuck Dynasty petitions has top billing on the sites homepage, sharing real estate with petitions calling for an American Idol alum to cancel a performance at SeaWorld because of the conditions of its animals and for Ikea to support LGBT people in Russia. And a perusal of search results for Phil Robertson didnt show any petitions supporting A&Es decision to suspend him.

It appears someone has their priorities straight....and its not A&E

Robertson Spends Evening of Firing at Church Praying for Woman with Cancer

On Wednesday night, embattled Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson spent the evening at church praying for a woman in his community with cancer. Pastor Mike Kellett of White Ferrys Road Church said that Robertson specifically came to help the cancer-ridden fellow Christian, and didnt say anything about his suspension from the show by A&E.

Kellett stated, Phil led us in prayer. There were greater things on our minds than the firestorm of controversy about this article. Kellett explained that Robertson was very calm, and very confident that if he serves the Lord, God will take care of everything.

(Snip)

• Like 1

I haven't seen so many gays on TV in forever. They all want to talk about being homosexual, but none want to discuss Phil's description of how they 'consummate' their relationship. That seems to be the reason he got into so much trouble.

Two questions: where is he wrong? And why the shock? When you read the whole statement it's very clear that he's not being "vicious." And the rest of that...well it's not delicate but it wasn't wrong.

Eh. It's amazing how quickly this is backfiring. And anyone who thinks this is a family of hicks has not read their biographies.

The hipsters are going to be pretty surprised to learn they have been suckered by a bunch of hicks.

"A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community."

Why should an "entertainment network" be a supporter of any "community" in the first place?

The PC Lynching of Phil Robertson

The A&E Network’s suspension of Phil Robertson, star of the most popular reality show in the history of television, for espousing views on homosexuality identical to those found in the New Testament may not be the first PC lynching in the history of our country, but it is certainly now the most prominent. It is also a singular example of how political correctness, via cultural relativism, is used to undermine democracy and freedom of speech and is, at its core, fascistic.

Yes, I just used the f-word and quite deliberately. PC and cultural relativism are the godchildren of Martin Heidegger and Michel Foucault, the philosopher apologists, respectively, for those most totalitarian of leaders (and great supporters of homosexuality… yeah, right) Adolph Hitler and the Ayatollah Khomeini. I know this flies over the heads of A&E executives who are unlikely to have read much, if any, Heidegger or Foucault, or know anything of the philosophers’ relationships to those dictators, but they should know how their minds have been manipulated, because what they have done is outrageous and reactionary.Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/12/19/the-pc-lynching-of-phil-robertson/

Duck Dynasty: Cant imagine show going on without Phil

Todd Starnes

December 20, 2013

Duck season may soon be over for A&E.

The Robertson family released a statement late Thursday that raises doubts about the future of one of the most popular shows on cable television.

We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm, the Robertson family said in a prepared statement. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.

The family said it has spent much time in prayer since learning A&E had suspended Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the Louisiana family, over comments he made about homosexuality.

(Snip)

The larger issues aside...the question should be asked who needs who more? Who would be hurt more by this show going off the air...A&E or Robertson family?

Hmmmm.... there seems to be a little double standards going on at the A&E (Disney/ABC).

WARNING: Not for the easily offended!

Per Breitbart.com

Gay A&E Stars Not Suspended For Expressing Preference for Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.png

I'm wondering if the outrage is coming mainly from the leadership and not from the rank and file?

Hmmmm.... there seems to be a little double standards going on at the A&E (Disney/ABC).

WARNING: Not for the easily offended!

Per Breitbart.com

Gay A&E Stars Not Suspended For Expressing Preference for Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.png

I'm wondering if the outrage is coming mainly from the leadership and not from the rank and file?

A&E EXECUTIVES SUSPENDED DUCK DYNASTY PATRIARCH AFTER CALL WITH GLAAD

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/12/19/A-E-Executives-Suspended-Duck-Dynasty-Patriarch-After-Call-with-GLAAD