Zogby Report Card: Obama needs support, not GOP mockery, on health care 'fix'

EveningStar

Paul Bedard
Washington Examiner
November 15, 2013

Pollster John Zogby reports in our weekly White House report card that President Obama’s health care program is still troubled, but he gets credit for taking ownership and trying to fix it...

"Mr. Obama took ownership and said he would fix the cancellation problem - giving the Democrats some cover. As for me, I don't doubt for a moment that the nation will survive if some Democrats lose in 2014 because they worked to fix the law. Anyone remember when some politicians were courageous?

"And, to the Republicans, the Constitution mandates Congress to make policy, not gloat and mock. Obamacare is after all a program originated under Republican former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney that is being implemented by an African-American president that they love to hate..."

More

Thanks for playing the race card, Zogby, you asshole. I guess you're saying that if Obama were white, we on the Right would be supporting his policies.

• Like 1

@EveningStar

but he gets credit for taking ownership and trying to fix it.

He Did? When was that?

“And, to the Republicans, the Constitution mandates Congress to make policy,

So what happens when we see an administration/political party that maintains there are only a few "glitches" and that the law is fundamentally sound?

President Bush needs support not Democrat mockery on Iraq War. Uh - did I read that anywhere????

121213_john_kerry_career1_ap_400_605.jpg

I supported President Bush this much..before I didn't.

President Bush needs support not Democrat mockery on Iraq War. Uh - did I read that anywhere????

121213_john_kerry_career1_ap_400_605.jpg

I supported President Bush this much..before I didn't.

BTW in case you didn't know

0638c250.jpg

I served in Vietnam

House Republicans’ election pitch about ObamaCare — and little else

Nearly midway through the 113th Congress, House Republicans don't have much to show for their majority.

Party leaders this week signaled they will punt on two of the major items that began the year at the top of its agenda: immigration and tax reform.

And while the GOP has focused all year on highlighting problems with President Obama’s healthcare law, a vote on a replacement for ObamaCare is nowhere in sight.

Led by a Speaker with limited political clout, the House GOP has struggled all year to pass even routine bills to keep the government open and fund agencies at the low spending levels established in their budget.

Right now, it appears their campaign argument in 2014 will center on their opposition to the healthcare law and their role in cutting the deficit, and not on anything they have done legislatively.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/190458-house-gops-election-pitch-is-obamacare-and-little-else

House Republicans’ election pitch about ObamaCare — and little else

Nearly midway through the 113th Congress, House Republicans don't have much to show for their majority.

Right now, it appears their campaign argument in 2014 will center on their opposition to the healthcare law and their role in cutting the deficit, and not on anything they have done legislatively.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/190458-house-gops-election-pitch-is-obamacare-and-little-else

The GOP (as so many have pointed out) control 1/2 of one of the three branches of the federal government.