Kind of a Bummer, that Science

Draggingtree

83792_small_profile.jpg

"Studies" are modern gospel. Science! Hot peer-on-peer reviewing action! But If a study says something counter-intuitive - which, in the modern world, means “utterly intuitive to anyone who doesn’t flush their critical faculties upon encountering the phrase ‘studies say’” - then, well, hmmm.

The Frisky reports on a Study that says women are more likely to positively judge the fitness and desirability of a mate if they’re performing Manly Chores. Not light dusting or spice-rack rearrangement. Dirty sweaty meaty manly stuff.

The study, “Egalitarianism, Housework and Sexual Frequency in Marriage,” found men who do so-called “traditionally female labor” like washing dishes and doing laundry got less nookie than those who do more allegedly masculine chores. Personally, I think there is nothing sexier than coming home to my man doing the dishes (
), and I’d venture that lots of ladies would feel the same way. Clean houses are sexy!

That explains the popularity of “Fifty Shades of Grey” - it’s really about getting rid of dingy whites on laundry day. Scissors-32x32.png

http://ricochet.com/Profile/James-Lileks