Coffee Shop

Rheo

No one like a tease!!! angry.png

LOL. I was going to post the same emoticon.

Not even a quick flash! I'm so...disappointed.

From Duluth with love

Scott Johnson

For our own uses on Power Line I check the Daily Alert aggregator prepared by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs for the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations. If there is a high quality story or essay of interest to supporters of Israel, it shows up on the site. Todays Daily Alert is overflowing with stories related to the Obama administrations compulsion to sell out to Iran.

One story off the beaten track today comes courtesy of the Duluth News Tribune

I BET SOME OF YA CAN RELATE TO THIS LITTLE STORY
~ CAPTAIN JACK'S SEAFOOD GRILLE ~

A group of 15 year old boys discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at the McDonald's next to Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because they only had six dollars among them, they could ride their bikes there and Jennie Webster, that cute girl in Social Studies, lives on the same street and they might see her.

Ten years later, the group of now 25 year old guys discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the beer was cheap, the bar had free snacks, the house band was good, there was no cover charge and there were lot of cute girls.

Ten years later, at 35 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was decided they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the booze was good, it was near their gym and, if they went late enough, there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

Ten years later, at 45, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the martinis were big and the waitresses wore low cut blouses and really tight pants.

Ten years later, now 55, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the prices were reasonable, they have a nice wine list and fish is good for your cholesterol.

Ten years later, at 65 years of age, the once again group discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the lighting was good and they have an early bird special.

Ten years later, at 75 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the food was not too spicy and the restaurant was handicapped accessible.

Ten years later, at 85 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because they had never been there before...

• Like 3

Surprised to see tonight that Erin Burnett, CNN, did a segment on how the Obama WH is controlling the news. Told how photojournalists are locked out and only 'official' photos are released to the public. Naturally the photos put Dear Leader in the best light. North Korea may learn something from this administration about adulation of a Dear Leader.

CNN interviews Ron Fournier on the Obama propaganda machine

A great interview with Rob Fournier about how the White House is using propaganda photos and blocking the press from getting access to the president:

//video//

http://therightscoop.com/cnn-interviews-ron-fournier-on-the-obama-propaganda-machine/

Surprised to see tonight that Erin Burnett, CNN, did a segment on how the Obama WH is controlling the news. Told how photojournalists are locked out and only 'official' photos are released to the public. Naturally the photos put Dear Leader in the best light. North Korea may learn something from this administration about adulation of a Dear Leader.

CNN interviews Ron Fournier on the Obama propaganda machine

A great interview with Rob Fournier about how the White House is using propaganda photos and blocking the press from getting access to the president:

//video//

http://therightscoop.com/cnn-interviews-ron-fournier-on-the-obama-propaganda-machine/

"Never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel”

Congressman Charles Bruce Brownson

Is it possible for this gang to be any more tone deaf?

I wonder if the Democrats, seeing after the 2014 elections that they will be the minority, will on the last day of the current session, vote to change the rule back to needing 60 votes?

I wonder if the Democrats, seeing after the 2014 elections that they will be the minority, will on the last day of the current session, vote to change the rule back to needing 60 votes?

Nothing these clowns do would surprise me.

Slavery case: Police disclose how victims met alleged captor in political 'collective'

David Barrett, Patrick Sawer and Claire Duffin

9:00PM GMT 23 Nov 2013

Dramatic new details of how two “slaves” held for more than 30 years had met their captor in a “collective” through a “shared political ideology” have been disclosed by police.

The two women - a 69-year-old from Malaysia and an Irish 57-year-old - became enslaved after the collective ended, the officer leading the inquiry into their ordeal said.

The third woman who was freed by officers last month was a 30-year-old who had a birth certificate but no other official documentation and had been apparently enslaved all her life.

The disclosures were among a series of developments that included:

The alleged captors, a man and a woman both aged 67, were said by police to be an Indian and a Tanzanian who came to Britain in the Sixties;

The five-year-old council maisonette where they lived in south London was identified, raising questions over what the local authority knew was going on in the home;

Neighbours described how they had thought the alleged captors were “carers” for the three because they saw one of the alleged slaves being pushed in a wheelchair;

(Snip)

What is Happening to College Football?

D.C. McAllister

So, Im watching the North Carolina Tar Heels brutally trounce Old Dominion 8020 after the third quarter, and what do I hear? Both coaches have agreed to cut the fourth quarter by five minutes because Old Dominion just cant compete! What?? Are you kidding me?

After this happened during two games in week 4 of the college football season this year (Louisvilles 72-0 win against Florida International and Miamis 77-7 win over Savannah State), we were promised that crying for mercy wouldnt become the norm. But here its happening again. Is this a trend that will one day become a rule?

(Snip)

1329450358580.jpg

Don't Be A Wussy!

The Week in Pictures, Filibuster Edition

Steven Hayward

11/23/13

As you know, the Senate killed the filibuster this week, Supposedly just for lower judicial nominees and executive branch appointments, but I woke up this morning to find out that Al Franken had employed the residual filibuster powers to block Power Lines Week in Pictures. Mitch McConnell wasnt able to invoke cloture successfully until I had poured my first martini this evening. Oh, and by the way, in case you hadnt noticed, Obamacare continues to collapse, and the UN is still emitting hot air on climate change.

550x418xFilibuster-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic

484x288xSeparated-at-Birth-copy.jpg.page

Separated at birth?

(Snip)

477x341xObamacare-Caveman-copy.jpg.pages

(Snip)

646x306xHuffpo-Obama-Pic-copy.jpg.pagesp

You know things are bad when this is the PuffHo front page pic of Obama.

(Snip)

500x659xEleanor-Roosevelt-Gun-Permit-cop

Liberal hypocrisy watch

523x358xClimate-Hypocrisy-copy.jpg.pages

Speaking of hypocrisy . . .

(Snip)

440x677xDroids-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.J6R

(Snip)

452x537xBird-Sign-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

(Snip)

And finally, after a lead-in like that, well need to go really big this week:

505x713xHot-79-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xNn

• Like 3

Pilots Plan Tomorrows A-10

What would a next-generation replacement for the legendary attack jet look like?

Dave Majumdar

November 19, 2013

Short on cash and determined to prioritize new stealth warplanes, the U.S. Air Force is busily * trying to rid itself of all 350 of its slow- and low-flying A-10 Warthog attack planesthis despite the heavily-armed twin-engine jets impressive combat record stretching back to the 1991 Gulf War.

But the flying branch still needs to support American troops on the groundthe Warthogs raison detre. With that in mind, around 20 highly experienced A-10 pilots and engineers are working on unofficial specifications for a successor to the Warthog.

(Snip)

* For the record the AF brass has hated loathed the A-10 since day 1.

Military Tells A-10 Pilots Not to Attend Pro-Warthog ConfabThey Show Up Anyway

Intimidation fails to prevent aviators from rallying for their beloved warplane

Dave Majumdar

11/24/13

Despite a climate of intimidation, numerous current U.S. Air Force A-10 Warthog pilots showed up at a seminar hosted by organizations determined to save the Warthog from the budget axe.

Off-duty and wearing civilian clothes, the airmen arrived at the pro-A-10 confab co-hosted by the Straus Military Reform Project and the Project On Government Oversight in Washington, D.C. on Nov. 22.

Its been widely reported that the Air Force is planning to retire all 351 of the twin-engine Warthog attack jets in order to save money and protect new stealth warplanes still in development.

Speaking at the conference on behalf of his active-duty compatriots was retired Air Force Lt. Col. Bill Smith, who flew the A-10 over Iraq, the Balkans and Afghanistan. Smith said that while his former colleagues were unable to speak out due to a climate of intimidation, he had been well briefed on current Warthog capabilities for his presentation.

(Snip)

American Cruiser Hit By Missile

November 24, 2013: On November 16th an American cruiser (USS Chancellorsville) was hit by a missile and two of the 300 sailors on board were lightly wounded. There was some damage to the port (left) side of the ship. The missile in question was an American UAV, in this case a BQM-74E Chukar III target drone. There appears to have been a malfunction on the UAV, which was being controlled from land (at Point Magu) as part of a test of the ship’s radar.

(Snip)

The 25 Least Influential People of 2013

This was a bad year for impotent megalomaniacs

By Drew Magary

Illustrations by Steve Brodner

1385138806923_president-obama-least-infl

17. President Obama

He can blame Republicans in Congress all he likes and get away with it because congressional Republicans are the worst. But the fact remains that I have spent the majority of this man's presidency watching bad things happen, then hearing a thoughtful speech about how we gotta make sure the bad things never happen again, and then watching as nothing gets done. Next time there's an election, I want Nate Silver to analyze the data and tell me who to vote for so that I don't end up casting my ballot for a very eloquent hat stand.

• Like 3