Government Shutdown/Obamacare Thread II

Valin

O is awful at these press "briefings". Keeps trying to use personal examples like buying car or house to compare to Republicans threats.

O is awful at these press "briefings". Keeps trying to use personal examples like buying car or house to compare to Republicans threats.

I wonder who is he trying to keep it simple for, us or the media?

Is everyone familiar with this new site that bills itself the conservative answer to Media Matters?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/

Ya gotta give a guy some warning! ohmy.png

edschultz_0.jpg?itok=R31zWrsZ

Crazy Ed this early, is not a good thing.

I actually thought of that, but decided the shock value was priceless. Makes it more memorable doesn't it?

Memorable is one way to put it. It's not exactly the term I would use....HOLY CRAP!!! comes to mind.

Poor Ed, can't get no respect.

He'd be expelled from Barack V. Lenin Middle School for making that dangerous & scary gun-like-thingy and holding it to his empty temple.

Obamacare Open Enrollment, Week Two

10/8/13

Were already well into the second week of open enrollment, and the errors that plagued Obamacares federal exchanges last week dont seem to be going away yet. A number of news sites trying to access the exchanges report continued technical difficulties. One blogger trying to get coverage for his family has been trying to sign up for four days, without success. USA Today is now calling the launch an inexcusable mess.

The justification for the problems offered last weekthat the glitches were caused only by too much trafficare becoming less plausible the longer the malfunctions persist. Over the weekend, the WSJ ran an article blowing apart this spin:

Information technology experts who examined the healthcare.gov website at the request of The Wall Street Journal said the site appeared to be built on a sloppy software foundation. Such a hastily constructed website may not have been able to withstand the online demand last week, they said.

(Snip)

A similar article in Reuters confirmed that the site would have had significant IT problems even if far fewer people had visited it.

(Snip)

You know they are going to scrap it and get someone to start all over again. Did I read this one was put together by a Canadian firm? Will O's excuse to delay implementation for a year.

Is everyone familiar with this new site that bills itself the conservative answer to Media Matters?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/

Ya gotta give a guy some warning! ohmy.png

edschultz_0.jpg?itok=R31zWrsZ

Crazy Ed this early, is not a good thing.

I actually thought of that, but decided the shock value was priceless. Makes it more memorable doesn't it?

Memorable is one way to put it. It's not exactly the term I would use....HOLY CRAP!!! comes to mind.

Poor Ed, can't get no respect.

He'd be expelled from Barack V. Lenin Middle School for making that dangerous & scary gun-like-thingy and holding it to his empty temple.

Even with the gun that close to his head, the idiot missed.

I really don't know how much more of him I can watch

I couldn't watch any. i was shocked to turn the TV back on an hour later to see that he was still on! How many questions did he answer? 3? How he does love to go on and on. And on and on and on....

I really don't know how much more of him I can watch

I couldn't watch any. i was shocked to turn the TV back on an hour later to see that he was still on! How many questions did he answer? 3? How he does love to go on and on. And on and on and on....

I don't have a TV, so its not an issue....he said with a smug smile on his face. biggrin.png

How many questions did he answer? 3?

Well actually he answered 0 as in ZERO. He took at least 20 questions, but proceeded to answer none of them.

Well actually he answered 0 as in ZERO. He took at least 20 questions, but proceeded to answer none of them.

He did a whole lot of talking but answered nothing

From what I just heard on Hugh Hewitt the reporters who asked the questions were chosen in advance and submitted there questions for vetting by the press office.

The 2013 Battle of Yorktown -- restaurant owner defies feds

Todd Starnes

October 08, 2013

I am now occupying the building at this time.

And with that one decision restaurant owner Glenn Helseth joined the ranks of Americans whove decided to defy the strong-arm tactics of the National Park Service.

For the past 11 years Helseth and his wife have operated the Carrot Tree Kitchens Restaurant inside the historic Cole Digges House in Yorktown, Va.

(Snip)

H/T PJ media

From what I just heard on Hugh Hewitt the reporters who asked the questions were chosen in advance and submitted there questions for vetting by the press office.

Quite likely. He looked at his list at some point and told someone asking questions you're not on the list.

It was a really, really awkward conference. He bounced around and made little sense. He would slip into getto/common man talk and then back to "harvard" speak every other question. It was nauseating.

• Like 1

As usual.

As usual.

Quite likely. He looked at his list at some point and told someone asking questions you're not on the list.

It was a really, really awkward conference. He bounced around and made little sense. He would slip into getto/common man talk and then back to "harvard" speak every other question. It was nauseating.

Now I'm more glad than ever that I didn't watch. Or listen.

I'm gonna hunt around and see if I can find some confirmation.