Government Shutdown/Obamacare Thread II

Valin

TRR

I was laughing at Boehner until the mail came today

The 64-year-old Danville artist, who survived breast cancer, has purchased health insurance for herself for decades. She watched her Anthem Blue Cross monthly premiums rise from $317 in 2005 to $1,298 in 2013. But she found out last week from the Covered California site that her payments will drop to about $795 a month.

(Snip)

I was laughing at Boehner until the mail came today, Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

I really dont like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my familys pocket each year, thats otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy.

(Snip)

Mercury News

Be careful what you ask for...you just might get it. koolaid.gif

pollyannaish

Bwahahahaha ha! Honestly, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How stupid do they think we are?

Oh never mind.

Bwahahahaha ha! Honestly, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How stupid do they think we are?

Oh never mind.

"There are a lot of dumb people out there."

Some skinny old white guy.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

Bwahahahaha ha! Honestly, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How stupid do they think we are?Oh never mind.

"There are a lot of dumb people out there."Some skinny old white guy.

My life goal: to be one of them as little as possible. Current score: 50/100. Ha!

pollyannaish

I would like to ask a major question:

You are a GOP Congressman or Senator. What is your strategy to resolve this standoff?

It doesn't matter if you were for or against it in the first place. Starting from NOW what do you do to make it a win?

I would like to ask a major question:

You are a GOP Congressman or Senator. What is your strategy to resolve this standoff?

It doesn't matter if you were for or against it in the first place. Starting from NOW what do you do to make it a win?

I tell ya I don't think they have one. If they do they are not letting anyone know about it.

This question is one asked (and not answered) by those who did not support the Shutdown. In fact if you asked it you were accused of being a RINO.

Via Meadia: Data Glitches Probably Ruined Your Obamacare Application

10/7/13

Obamacare has had a rough first week: technical glitches in the signup system and traffic overloads have prevented thousands of people from signing in to the system.

Then again, maybe it’s a good thing that all those people couldn’t even load the web pages. NBC is now reporting that technical glitches in the software’s data collection has led to the corruption of much of the data entered by enrollees. As a result, one company found that only one out of every 100 applications has enough valid data to move forward in the enrollment process. This is a big problem, as it means that many people who think they’ve signed up for a plan actually have not:

(Snip)

Early glitches were always to be expected, and as long as they are fixed quickly and thoroughly, the damage may be minimal. But first impressions count, and the repeated technical failures have created about as bad a first impression as one could have imagined. Obamacare could be in serious trouble unless its federal IT team steps up its game.

Obama Revives Space Program to Shut Down National Park on the Moon http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=207189

The space program, which had been mothballed after the 2008 election, received an unexpected shot in the arm from the government shutdown with an emergency mission to the moon.

After his victory, Obama had shut down planned missions to the moon and mars, the space shuttle and the replacement space vehicle for it. But a recent bill by two Congressional Black Caucus members to establish a National Park on the lunar landing site created an urgent need to immediately shut down the Apollo Lunar Landing National Historic Park before anyone could actually visit it.

“The government is shut down. All 17 percent of it,” said National Park Service spokeswoman Sequoia Jackson. “We’ve barricaded national monuments and the ocean. We evicted restaurants and homeowners living on Federal land. We don’t know how else to get the message across that the government is shut down and there is no money except by launching an emergency 2 trillion dollar mission to plant barricades on the moon.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Read more here: http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/obama-revives-space-program-to-shut-down-national-park-on-the-moon/

Via the Bullpen @ iOTW

I agree @Valin. But we have a shutdown. So can we come up with a strategy that makes sense?

That is a very good question. I wish I had a good answer.

Obama Digs In, Rejects Cutting Deals With GOP

Alexis Simendinger

October 8, 2013

The president is not furloughed like much of the executive branch, but having canceled his plans to be in Southeast Asia for summits this week, Barack Obama had time to kill in the nations capital Monday.

So he filled his schedule during the ongoing shutdown stalemate by talking about congressional Republicans without talking to them, and inviting them to approve interim relief if disagreements persist.

(Snip)

He repeated that he wont cut deals with conservatives -- because he thinks it would set a bad precedent -- just as new polling showed Republicans receiving the brunt of public rebuke for the impasse (though Americans said Obama shoulders some of the blame).

(Snip)

Is everyone familiar with this new site that bills itself the conservative answer to Media Matters?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/

Ya gotta give a guy some warning! ohmy.png

edschultz_0.jpg?itok=R31zWrsZ

Crazy Ed this early, is not a good thing.

I actually thought of that, but decided the shock value was priceless. Makes it more memorable doesn't it?

Is everyone familiar with this new site that bills itself the conservative answer to Media Matters?

I actually thought of that, but decided the shock value was priceless. Makes it more memorable doesn't it?

Memorable is one way to put it. It's not exactly the term I would use....HOLY CRAP!!! comes to mind.

Memorable is one way to put it. It's not exactly the term I would use....HOLY CRAP!!! comes to mind.

Poor Ed, can't get no respect.

• Like 1

Poor Ed, can't get no respect.

I give him all the respect he so richly deserves.

I remember him when he did a sports talk show in Fargo. Then we decided to be Rush Limbaugh, when that failed, he went to the far left. He's nothing but a media whore...with apologies to whores.