Government Shutdown Thread

Valin

@mozartlover

Not satire.............check the link................from www.rightwisconsin.com.

I believe you......I guess I have to mark my satire with this.......[/snark].....and I think they should remember this & vote in 2014 to take the Senate....keep the House & impeach Oblunder.

• Like 1

Here we see a very good reason why not everyone should have the franchise.

"Scientists will eventually stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity. I predict that in the future, scientists will learn how to convert stupidity into clean fuel."

Scott Adams

And all those people VOTE?! ohmy.png

righteousmomma

599774_647824411905266_265698867_n.jpg

1380199_10153295421305494_1087128526_n.p

Decisions, decisions - which one of the quotes to quote here . So chose this one because it has that actor with the pretty smile playing the XX man.

righteousmomma

"Scientists will eventually stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity. I predict that in the future, scientists will learn how to convert stupidity into clean fuel."

Scott Adams

Yep and they also get to be television political analysts and pundits and anchors and act and career politicians worth millions and members of elite "clubs"wink.png .

• Like 2

Good read. ha

An open letter to President Obama

Dear President Obama,

You strike me as the sort of man who spends a lot of time staring at his own reflection. I wonder, what do you see when you gaze so admiringly at yourself? What image do you find in that mirror of yours? Let me guess: a graceful Greek god with a golden crown, draped in luxurious robes, perched on a giant, magnificent throne atop a mountain in the sky? You see a throng of angels singing your praises and masses of subservient peasants prostrated before you, trembling with fear and awe? You see a man who is more than a man, and a president who transcends the presidency; you see a historic figure of immortal importance?

Yeah, that’s what I thought, and I can’t blame you, Mr. President. By all accounts, you’ve always been an arrogant, haughty narcissist — and that was before you became president. Your supporters and your enemies may argue over whether you descended from heaven on the back of a Pegasus, or were birthed from the bowels of Hell to bring about a Biblical apocalypse, but they both agree on one thing: you are a figure of great significance and immense power. You are either the anti-Christ or the Second Coming, with no room for anything in-between. Surely, this talk might cause even a humble man to slip into a state of vanity and pride, so I can only imagine what it must do to a man such as yourself, already so aloof and so conceited.

That’s why I’m writing this letter. My impression of you is quite different, and it has only been solidified by your performance during this shutdown/Obamacare debate. I find you to be a very small man, Mr. President. Far from larger than life, you are petty, frivolous, pathetic; sneering and pompous but also trifling and narrow. I don’t mean to dismiss or underestimate the damage you have done to this nation — it has certainly been profound and lasting — but I want you to know that your legacy will not be one of grandeur and brilliance; it will be the legacy of a shameless, desperate bully. Both your opponents and your proponents hoist you up as a world leader with a grand vision, whether benevolent or malevolent. I, on the other hand, believe you have the vision of a temperamental two year old. You simply want to feel like you’re in control; you want to “win,” you want everybody in the room to pay attention to you, and you’ll stomp your feet and whine until you get your way. You govern like a coddled toddler; it’s inappropriate to pejoratively refer to you as a “dictator,” but only because it lends you a certain unwarranted credibility. I think you wish to be a dictator, but instead you’re just a bumbling bureaucrat; easily replaced and even more easily forgotten.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 2

Scott Adams

they sure do, otherwise O wouldn't be there

GOP Plans to Merge Shutdown and Debt Ceiling Bills

Rick Moran

10/5/13

Speaker of the House John Boehner and his allies are carefully crafting legislation that would re-open the government and raise the debt limit in exchange for modest budget cuts, the promise of serious tax reform talks with Democrats, and the elimination of Obamacares medical device tax.

Robert Costa at National Review reports that the deal being framed for Republican House members that concurrently connects a debt-limit extension, government funding, and a small, but strategically designed menu of conservative demands.

(Snip)

You can see Boehners dilemma. I think you can count out about 75 Republican conservatives who wont agree to anything less than defunding or delaying Obamacare. And the speaker has to watch his left flank as Democrats have hit upon a parliamentary gimmick to bring the Senate CR to the floor for a vote that very well could pass unless Boehner can keep the moderates happy:

(Snip)

As for some of the specifics that Costa mentioned, does the GOP really want to be in a position to trust Democrats to negotiate seriously about a revenue neutral tax proposal? Harry Reid has been saying for months that any tax reform measure will have to raise revenue by closing loopholes on the rich. And as far as the chained CPI for Social Security is concerned, altering entitlements one iota will have every liberal interest group up in arms. The president himself has said the chained CPI is a non-starter.

(Snip)

Draggingtree

Shutdown Reveals Obama’s Warped Worldview… Again.

Posted by RB in Blog on October 4, 2013 11:25 am

It shouldn’t be a surprise to us. Obama was raised and supported by radical leftists his entire life. It’s all he knows. His parents were leftists. A childhood mentor of his was a well-known Marxist. He went to very liberal colleges. He moved to Chicago were he “community organized” for leftist groups and then started his political career in the house of an admitted domestic terrorist who, naturally, is also a far left radical. He went to the church of an America-hating pastor who, you guessed it, is also a far left radical.

This is who he is. He’s an agitator. A radical. He is not a leader. He is a glorified trouble-maker. Scissors-32x32.png

Obama doesn’t like that. So he and his minions have set out to demonize anyone who opposes him. It’s weird, too, because Obama has shown willingness to compromise with people who call the United States “the Great Satan” and literally hate America, but he flat out refuses to compromise with people who love this country and just so happen to disagree with him on how it should be run. He’s a petty tyrant. Scissors-32x32.png

The worst part about all this is that there are millions of people who don’t see a problem with it. And more than a few of them are in a position to block out the voices of the people calling it out.

The Obama administration is an ongoing American tragedy and too many people are cheering as it happens.

http://youtu.be/nDDbTaWpwoc

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.therightsphere.com/2013/10/shutdown-reveals-obamas-warped-worldview-again/

Draggingtree
Federal Budget Showdown

Shutdown Day 3: Food distributor stalled, charter boat captains docked

Posted on Thursday, 10.03.13

By CHARLES RABIN

crabin@miamiherald.com

Boehner wouldn’t budge, calling the president’s position, a “my-way-or-the-highway approach.”

“The president’s insistence on steamrolling ahead with his flawed program is irresponsible,” the speaker responded. snip

Thursday back in South Florida, a day after limits for the National Institutes of Health made headlines, it was the fear of food drying up and a prohibition on fishing in waters of Florida Bay that took center stage.

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week informing them that they are not permitted to take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work. That means that more than 1,100 square miles of prime fishing is off limits between the southern tip of the mainland to the Keys until further notice.

The closing affects not only fishing guides, but anyone with a license to conduct business in the park, including tour operators and paddling guides Scissors-32x32.png

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/03/3668028_p2/shutdown-day-3-food-distributor.html#storylink=cpy

NBC: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans at Memorial Wall

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nbc-police-remove-vietnam-war-veterans-memorial-wall_759267.html

Via William Jacobson, NBC's affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.

After one group of veterans went around the barricade, "the park ranger told them the wall was closed," NBC's Mark Seagraves reported. "Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That's when police came and moved everyone out."

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is a black granite outdoor wall on which the names of the 58,272 service members who died or were unaccounted for during the Vietnam war are inscribed.

It takes more manpower and costs the government more money to close down an outdoor wall than to let people walk past it and pay their respects.

The Obama administration has been very selective in devoting resources to shutting down memorials.

//End//

Obama Keeps World War II Memorial Closed Despite Outcry from Veterans

Crystal Goodremote

October 5, 2013

The government shutdown means the closure of all national parks and memorials, right? Not necessarily, according to the House Natural Resources Committee. The Obama administration is selectively choosing which monuments to keep open and which to block off (click to see the map).

Despite the public outcry and pleas from the American Legion (watch video), the Obama administration continues to lock veterans out of the World War II memorial.

BVvCMmLCQAESwef.jpg

8:08 AM - 4 Oct 2013

Good read. ha

An open letter to President Obama

Dear President Obama,

You strike me as the sort of man who spends a lot of time staring at his own reflection. I wonder, what do you see when you gaze so admiringly at yourself? What image do you find in that mirror of yours? Let me guess: a graceful Greek god with a golden crown, draped in luxurious robes, perched on a giant, magnificent throne atop a mountain in the sky? You see a throng of angels singing your praises and masses of subservient peasants prostrated before you, trembling with fear and awe? You see a man who is more than a man, and a president who transcends the presidency; you see a historic figure of immortal importance?

Yeah, that’s what I thought, and I can’t blame you, Mr. President. By all accounts, you’ve always been an arrogant, haughty narcissist — and that was before you became president. Your supporters and your enemies may argue over whether you descended from heaven on the back of a Pegasus, or were birthed from the bowels of Hell to bring about a Biblical apocalypse, but they both agree on one thing: you are a figure of great significance and immense power. You are either the anti-Christ or the Second Coming, with no room for anything in-between. Surely, this talk might cause even a humble man to slip into a state of vanity and pride, so I can only imagine what it must do to a man such as yourself, already so aloof and so conceited.

That’s why I’m writing this letter. My impression of you is quite different, and it has only been solidified by your performance during this shutdown/Obamacare debate. I find you to be a very small man, Mr. President. Far from larger than life, you are petty, frivolous, pathetic; sneering and pompous but also trifling and narrow. I don’t mean to dismiss or underestimate the damage you have done to this nation — it has certainly been profound and lasting — but I want you to know that your legacy will not be one of grandeur and brilliance; it will be the legacy of a shameless, desperate bully. Both your opponents and your proponents hoist you up as a world leader with a grand vision, whether benevolent or malevolent. I, on the other hand, believe you have the vision of a temperamental two year old. You simply want to feel like you’re in control; you want to “win,” you want everybody in the room to pay attention to you, and you’ll stomp your feet and whine until you get your way. You govern like a coddled toddler; it’s inappropriate to pejoratively refer to you as a “dictator,” but only because it lends you a certain unwarranted credibility. I think you wish to be a dictator, but instead you’re just a bumbling bureaucrat; easily replaced and even more easily forgotten.

Scissors-32x32.png

Excellent! I would love to post this on Facebook, but I have vowed to stay away from all political issues there.

• Like 1

Draggingtree
The Obama-Reid Shutdown Strategy

By Patrick J. BuchananOctober 4, 2013, 1:51 AM

In the showdown over the shutdown of the U.S. government, the Obamaites tipped their hand yesterday as what their strategy is.

Taking a page out of Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals,” the plan is to maximize the people’s pain—to maximize the political damage to the enemy, the Republican Party.

What else explains it?

Consider this: Asked Wednesday if there were any danger of America defaulting on her debt, President Obama rushed to assure a reporter that, yes, indeed, there certainly is such a peril.

Why would a president act in so perverse a manner, were he not trying deliberately to rattle or panic the markets?

Obama’s tactic worked. Thursday, the Dow plunged below 15,000.

Equally telling is what happened Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-obama-reid-shutdown-strategy/

Draggingtree

Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals

Here is the complete list from Alinsky.

• RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)
  • * RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)

• * RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

• * RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters Scissors-32x32.png

• http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp
  • Like 1

NBC: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans at Memorial Wall
JOHN MCCORMACK
Oct 5, 2013

Via William Jacobson, NBC's affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.

After one group of veterans went around the barricade, "the park ranger told them the wall was closed," NBC's Mark Seagraves reported. "Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That's when police came and moved everyone out."

(Snip)

The Obama administration has been very selective in devoting resources to shutting down memorials.

Steve King

Vietnam Wall entrance is open to all. Guard dog and guards are solely for intimidation. Go in. God Bless 'em
BV0oyMQCIAApqEb.jpg

8:15 AM - 5 Oct 13

angry.png

• Like 1

Pentagon to recall most furloughed workers, Hagel says

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pentagon-to-recall-most-furloughed-workers-hagel-says/2013/10/05/eb7ed346-2deb-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html?clsrd

By Craig Whitlock, Updated: Saturday, October 5, 3:45 PM

The Pentagon will recall most of its furloughed civilian workers in the coming days, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Saturday, in a move that could substantially ease the impact of the government shutdown on the federal workforce.

The Pentagon did not immediately specify how many employees would be summoned back to work, except to say that “most” of its 400,000 furloughed civilians would be allowed to return. That means that at least 200,000 Defense workers will go back on the job – a figure that by itself represents one quarter of the 800,000 federal employees on furlough.

Hagel’s decision is based on liberal interpretation of the Pay Our Military Act, a bill passed by Congress last week and signed by President Obama that ensures that uniformed members of the military will not have their paychecks delayed by the shutdown. The bill includes general language exempting Defense Department civilians from furlough if they provide direct support to the military.

After consulting with Pentagon lawyers and Obama administration officials in recent days, Hagel decided that he could justify recalling most of the Pentagon’s furloughed workforce based on that provision in the law.

Scissors-32x32.png

Rick Wilson ‏@TheRickWilson
Heh RT @TomMcCammon: Let's rename our southern border the Mexican-American War Memorial, so Obama will put a fence around it.

• Like 3

Video: Meet Vets who moved water-filled barriers to get to Iwo Jima Memorial

William A. Jacobson

Saturday, October 5, 2013

As Daniel Halper has reported, the Iwo Jima Memorial joins the list of monuments needlessly barricaded by the Obama administration, but that did not stop a group of veterans from removing the barricades to visit today.

We have located the group of 64 Honor Flight Vets, and they are from Syracuse, NY. Their trip was paid for, in part, by money raised by Syracuse University students.

Syracuse-Vets-post-for-photo-at-Iwo-Jimahttp://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Syracuse-Vets-post-for-photo-at-Iwo-Jima-Monument.jpg]

Marines charge the Barrycades