Government Shutdown Thread

Valin

Want to beat the narrative of the media? SHARE this story http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/03/want-to-beat-the-narrative-of-the-media-share-this-story/?utm_source=Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2013-10-03_262997&utm_content=5002551&utm_term=_262997_263007

Thursday, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM MST

The mainstream media may not be interested in setting the narrative straight, but they’re becoming more and more aware of your ability to do so. Glenn explained that last Sunday, the New York Times wrote about the shift in conservatives and their ability to spread a message – how YOU know how to use Twitter, Facebook, and other media platforms to get the truth out.

Will you be able to thwart the media?

“The answer is a clear yes,” Glenn said. “If you recognize what time it is. If you recognize your own power, and you connect of Facebook and Twitter all of the pieces of truth. Tell the truth now. Click on and SHARE all of the important stories that are telling the truth. You can beat the media. It’s early in this game, but this is the first test. Can you win? Can you keep the Republicans on course?

The answer is YES.”

Glenn continues, “Can you get this story out?”

And the story that Glenn was referring to is this:

Americans, both Democrat and Republican, are looking for leadership that are willing to come to the table with the opposite side and find common ground on issues and do the right thing for the American people, but it’s hard to find in either party. That said, there is one side where it simply doesn’t exist.

Are the Democrats and the President willing to compromise for the American people?

No. And Glenn has the audio to prove it.

Clip after clip of Democrats in leadership stating their refusal to negotiate on issues important to the American people.

And apparently that’s not just some stance they’re taking for their left-wing base. Behind closed doors, the Democrats are refusing to come to the table unless they get everything they want.

Earlier today, TheBlaze.com reported on a video of Senator’s Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul caught on a hot mic discussing the concerning communications strategy of the Democrats, and why they really think they can win this Obamacare standoff.

While Sen. McConnell was getting in place for a TV interview, his fellow Kentucky Senator approached him to discussed what had just occurred during his interview with CNN.

“I just did CNN and I just go over and over again ‘We’re willing to compromise. We’re willing to negotiate,” Paul is seen on-camera telling McConnell, who is standing by for his own interview remote from D.C. “I don’t think they (Democrats) poll tested ‘we won’t negotiate.’ I think it’s awful for them to say that over and over again.”

Senator McConnell agreed, stating, ““Yeah, I do too and I — and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly.”

Not just concerning messaging, but a concerning strategy as a whole. Regardless of political leanings, most Americans are aware that there are opposing views all across the country and the people representing them in Washington need to work together to find middle ground of divisive issues. A stance that the President and the Democrats are simply unwilling to negotiate or find common ground is going to further divide the country.

Upon hearing what McConnell had experienced, Rand Paul seemed to be optimistic about their strategy, ““I think if we keep saying, ‘We wanted to defund it (Obamacare), we fought for that’ and that we’re willing to compromise on this, I think… We’re gonna win this, I think.”

Watch the exchange below, captured by NBC affiliate WPSD 6 in Paducah, KY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eziI4h3J0Eg&feature=player_embedded

• Like 1

This is hilarious.....I watched about a minute of this "speech"....until I started to become nauseous...and then turned the channel to something more intellectually stimulating.....like the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. These words come out of his mouth & he doesn't have a clue.....that he's talking about himself....and the unions that enabled his regime.....

Obama: Imagine if workers could shut down a manufacturing plant just because they didn’t get what they want http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/03/obama-imagine-if-a-worker-could-shut-down-a-manufacturing-plant-just-because-they-didnt-get-what-they-want/

Scissors-32x32.png

Imagine a movement so selfish that it would sabotage the operations of a venture on which vast numbers of people depend simply to gain leverage for its own agenda. Then imagine that that movement grew in numbers to the point where it could elect its own bought-and-paid-for politicians to do its bidding. Who knows how much havoc it could wreak?

Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheoSpark

• Like 1

pollyannaish

I nearly lost it laughing today when Obama said you wouldn't force a shutdown at your workplace if you didn't get what you wanted.

Ha! Tell that to the teamsters.

Do these people even think about what they are saying?

Edited to add: actually, I think the last five words of that question are extraneous.

• Like 2

Draggingtree

The Bunker-Barry mentality of today’s White House
By Judi McLeodFull Story

cover100413.jpg

The White House is under siege, and has been so since the 2013 sequestration. America’s top tourist draw continues to be held under siege by a malcontent community organizer who claimed the presidency in 2008, and his chip-on-the-shoulder wife. Scissors-32x32.png

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/58346

• Like 2

Draggingtree

The Fomentation of a
Government Shut Down

Frank Salvato
Well, it is upon us, the dreaded government shutdown. And yet the Earth still spins, the water still runs, the electric is on and Harry Reid is still tossing verbal grenades at anyone who dares represent an opposing view to the lock-step Progressive agenda. Imagine that! Our daily lives didn’t come to a grinding, catastrophic halt because the big government nanny state was sidelined by the fruits of their own discontent. In fact, to paraphrase an often heard chant at any Leftist-leaning protest march, “This is what not spending looks like!” Truth be told, if our nation would have stayed true to our Founding Documents, the crisis that delivered unto us this dastardly government shutdown would never had existed. Indeed, if we would have executed government with fidelity to the Constitution, to governmental process and to the legislated laws instead of capitulating to the Progressive’s fundamental transformation of the United States of America (a transformation launched at the turn of the 20th Century), World War II veterans wouldn’t have had to push aside hastily erected barriers meant to shut down the World War II Memorial on the Mall in Washington, DC, Tuesday simply to experience the memorial erected in their honor Scissors-32x32.png

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/10683

Draggingtree

Federal Gov't...
Embarrassing to the Point of Painful

Frank Salvato
October 3, 2013 - As the so-called "government shutdown" drags on, one thing is hard not to admit: the Obama Administration is acting in a manner that is attempting to extract the maximum amount of pain on the American people. While many are wondering how it came to this point, those of us who actually paid attention in Social Studies, Civics and American History classes - school subjects that are, today, given little, if any, attention - understand it's because the US Constitution and the purity of the original governmental process has been raped by the opportunistic political class. Our nation has always had a robust political discourse, commencing from before we were even a documented nation. We have always been represented by a passionate, spirited political class; strong in their beliefs, but educated and knowledgeable enough to legislate and govern for the good of all the people. Today, this is not the case. Today, we have a government that does not - does not - serve the American people Scissors-32x32.png

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/9438

PARIS — Tourists travelling to Omaha Beach to pay their respects to the 9,387 military dead at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial will find it closed, a victim of the U.S. government’s partial shutdown.

The site overlooking the D-Day invasion beaches is one of 24 U.S. military cemeteries overseas that have closed to visitors since Monday. Ten more cemeteries in in France, as well as others in various European countries as well as Mexico, Panama, Tunisia and the Philippines, will remain closed for the duration of the shutdown.

Source: http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/03/obama-shuts-down-d-day-beaches-cemetery-normandy

Someone really has their head up another orifice.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Why did the GOP decide to make this an ultimatum game? Because Obama and the Democrats refused to budge on their own.

For every sound bite showing a Democrat arguing that they’d “be glad to negotiate, but not with a gun to my head” we can argue, with ample evidence, that when they didn’t have a gun to their head, they didn’t negotiate.

angryharrypelosi_medium.jpg

We have the proof in the pudding. We have three years of Obama intransigence. We have three years of Harry Reid’s sneering lies. Reid assured everyone that the Democrats wouldn’t use reconciliation, with the same condescending, exasperated sighs that he’s using now (Of course, that’s exactly what they did). We’ve had three years of appealing to the Obama Administration to fix and/or amend ObamaCare to recognize our concerns. Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

Shutdown Theater of Torture: due to "shutdown" Armed Forces TV to drop Packers game, keep 5 daily hours of MSNBC http://www.rightwisconsin.com/dailytakes/226474071.html

HOW CRUEL CAN YOU BE??? Dumping the Packers game for MSNBC?????!!!!!!!

Grrrr...........

This could lead to a military coup....what are they thinking? Due to the fact that it is IowaHawk.blog.....I would think it must be satire.....since 5 hours of MSLSD is worse torture than water up your nose.....and a rubber hose.

Now one can understand why the military are not allowed to have arms or ammunition at an Obama rally.

And it is the only way Msdnc can get viewers.

Draggingtree
Democrats and their Budget Hypocrisy Leading to #DemocratShutdown

By: Daniel Horowitz (Diary) | October 4th, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Throughout the past week, Democrats leaders have justified their refusal to negotiate with Republicans as a natural response to hostage taking. They claim that the fight over Obamacare is extraneous to the budget, and as such, they should not have to talk to Republicans until they agree to pass a “clean” CR. There are two points they are obfuscating in the context of the budget battle.

1) Obamacare was passed through budget reconciliation. So when they felt it was convenient for them to inject Obamacare into the budget process; namely, for the purpose of avoiding the 60-vote threshold, they were more than happy to do so. Well, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Now that we have approached the implementation date, which coincides with the budget deadline, it’s time to use that same process to uproot a law that is unworkable and unpopular.

2) Democrats say they are refusing to pass individual funding bills for vital services because Republicans are manipulating the process to cherry pick Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2013/10/04/democrats-and-their-budget-hypocrisy-leading-to-democratshutdown/

Draggingtree

4Oct

White House: We’re Winning So We Don’t Care How Long The Shutdown Lasts

By: Curt

Meanwhile the comic…er…White House spokesperson Jay Carney says they “disavow” what the White House said. Comedy. What isn’t comedy is the fact that all along the Democrats have said they were sickened by the politics the Republicans are using in this …Scissors-32x32.png

http://floppingaces.net/2013/10/04/white-house-were-winning-so-we-dont-care-how-long-the-shutdown-lasts/

PRUDEN: The cheap tricks of the game http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/pruden-the-cheap-tricks-of-the-game/

The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”

President Obama is not a bad poker player, but the man with all the chips always starts with the advantage (and he gets all the aces). He has closed Washington down as tight as he dares, emphasizing the trivial and the petty in making life as inconvenient as he can for the greatest number. It’s all in a noble cause, of course. Access to most of the memorials is limited, and often in curious ways. The Lincoln Memorial is easy to reach, with the streets around it remaining open. But the Martin Luther King Memorial is made difficult to reach, relegating it, you might say, to the back of the bus. Not very nice.

The Park Service appears to be closing streets on mere whim and caprice. The rangers even closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon, where the plantation home of George Washington is a favorite tourist destination. That was after they barred the new World War II Memorial on the Mall to veterans of World War II. But the government does not own Mount Vernon; it is privately owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association. The ladies bought it years ago to preserve it as a national memorial. The feds closed access to the parking lots this week, even though the lots are jointly owned with the Mount Vernon ladies. The rangers are from the government, and they’re only here to help.

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

Scissors-32x32.png

WasingtonTimes via WeaselZippers

✝DARCYANNE✝™ ‏@BatteredCitizen 7m
RT All! RT @Soulsearchlady: tell troops/Vets most Sam's Clubs letting us shop on free daypass till commissaries reopen retired folks2

• Like 1

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

Shutdown Theater of Torture: due to "shutdown" Armed Forces TV to drop Packers game, keep 5 daily hours of MSNBC http://www.rightwisconsin.com/dailytakes/226474071.html

HOW CRUEL CAN YOU BE??? Dumping the Packers game for MSNBC?????!!!!!!!

Grrrr...........

This could lead to a military coup....what are they thinking? Due to the fact that it is IowaHawk.blog.....I would think it must be satire.....since 5 hours of MSLSD is worse torture than water up your nose.....and a rubber hose.

Not satire.............check the link................from www.rightwisconsin.com.

Here we see a very good reason why not everyone should have the franchise.

"Scientists will eventually stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity. I predict that in the future, scientists will learn how to convert stupidity into clean fuel."
Scott Adams

More Madison on the Budget Fight

Steven Hayward

10/4/13

A couple days ago I brought to our attention Harold Pease argues that because all tax bills must originate in the House, per Article I, Section 7, and because the Supreme Court transformed Obamacares individual mandate into a tax, it is within the constitutional prerogative of the House alone to block Obamacare. Dr. Pease is narrowly speaking correct about this, and James Madison agrees in Federalist #58:

(Snip)

The point is: having the Constitution on your side is the necessary but not sufficient condition for winning a political battle. You have to get the politics right, too.

(Snip)

From my older son via FB: (yeah, he's a geek):

"The shutdown to me? I attempted to access NASA's website to check on the orbital elements of Comet ISON and I got the generic US government message, "lapse of funding, website unavailable". *NOW* what am I supposed to do on a Friday night lol j/k but I'm upset."

One of his friends helpfully pointed out that at least the IRS website is still fully operational....

• Like 2