Coffee Shop

Rheo

saveliberty

I read that yesterday and had the same reaction. I don't even know where to start.

Gifted is what a parent finds out about a child in school who may need a different academic program. A brilliant student, self-directed or parent-directed, may be able to flourish despite a bland school system.

Sometimes, it can be a terrible thing to call a child academically gifted as it may feed the beast of narcissism.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

As Jesse Jackson stands in line for his turn.....the Reverend Al Sharpton greets Attorney Genital General Eric Holder...in the manner he most prefers:

1003317_678019948878294_1317825525_n.jpg

Pic via iOTW

As Jesse Jackson stands in line for his turn.....the Reverend Al Sharpton greets Attorney Genital General Eric Holder...in the manner he most prefers:

Pic via iOTW

CAPTION TIME:

"You pick the race hustler... Three choices and you can't loose"

SrWoodchuck

$8,000,000,000,000.00US paid in secret Obama/Muslim Brotherhood deal....to bring down the rotten house of America from within...or your tax dollars used to overthrow Egyptian people's choice for government & buying a piece of the Sinai, for the Palestinians Hamas.....to begin the destruction of Israel.....without Congressional oversight interference.

Why is this not impeachable?

Obama’s Secret $8 Billion Bribe To The Muslim Brotherhood

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obamas-secret-8-billion-bribe-to-the-muslim-brotherhood/

Scissors-32x32.png

According to sources cited by TV14, Obama secretly transferred eight billion dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood—not the Egyptian government—as payment to guarantee that a large portion of the Sinai Peninsula be turned over to the terrorist organization Hamas, an avowed enemy of both the United States and Israel.

The secret agreement was signed by deposed Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi and his second in command, Khairat el Shater.

Who on the U.S. side signed the agreement and where Barack Obama got the eight billion dollars is not clear. When Mohammed Morsi was deposed and arrested by the Egyptian military, evidence of the secret agreement was discovered and seized.

Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

Pic via iOTW

CAPTION TIME:

"You pick the race hustler... Three choices and you can't loose"

I hope Sharpton is going for Holder's wallet and this is not some new *****(word deleted by racial sensitivity filter) greeting.

pollyannaish

@SrWoodchuck. If it is true it would be. But at this point it's an allegation of conspiracy from an unnamed source.

At this point, IMO, there are three things that will make a difference in changing our President. And a huge volume of potential scandals is going to be simply noise. We must have laser-like focus:

1: Create a coherent, positive, optimistic narrative of our core values that builds people of all backgrounds up. Help all Americans connect to the concept of opportunity without sloganeering or exclusivity.

2: Focus on a single corruption issue, (my choice would be the IRS Scandal) and frame it in terms of needing to stop corruption for all Americans, not making it just dependent on who's party is in power. In other words, depersonalize it until the facts lead elsewhere.

3. Focus on educating Americans on the power they have to make economic change and to believe in their ability to turn around the country economically if the government will just get out of the way. Focus on SMALL business, the mom and pop business. Appeal to Main Street not Wall Street. A good old fashioned combo of Kennedy's ask not what the country can do for you, and Reagan's morning in America.

We get far, far too hung up on wonky public policy minutiae and inside baseball sloganeering and forget that it is the broad themes and philosophical underpinnings which help us attract large portions of the population. How those are implemented and the details will AlWAYS be controversial. Most people just hear the Charlie Brown cartoon adult voice when it comes to that.

Until we can make a philosophical stand that people say "hey, thats what i believe" we aren't getting anywhere, IMO.

• Like 1

Devastating Iowahawk! http://twitchy.com/2013/07/17/slam-iowahawk-blasts-holder-soulless-race-baiters-makes-key-and-devastating-point/?

David Burge @iowahawkblog

18 different 17 y/o black males shot dead in Chicago since 2/16/12. You don't know their names because they don't serve a political end.

6:18 PM - 16 Jul 2013

That is the sad truth.

Mr. President, They're Not Just Dots on the Map

Jack Dunphy

7/20/13

Kathryn Lopez, the hardest-working woman in digital media, was kind enough to solicit my thoughts on the presidents recent remarks on race. I provided them, which you can read over at The Corner on NRO. In the post, I mentioned an encounter I had with a young man on the day President Obama was sworn in for his first term, and the optimism so widely felt in Americas cities with the coming of the new administration.

(Snip)

The graphic accompanying this post, taken from the Los Angeles Times website, shows a section of South Los Angeles. Each of those dots represents a person murdered within three miles of the intersection of Manchester Avenue and Avalon Boulevard. There are 594 of them. Five hundred and ninety-four. In Los Angeles, Oakland, St. Louis, Chicago, Baltimore, and nearly any city one can name, the slaughter continues. Yet all we hear from the so-called black leadership and the media are demands for justice for Trayvon. Ive spent 30 years trying to reduce the number of dots on that map. Was it all a waste of my time?

Murders-3_medium.jpg

• Like 1

saveliberty
Current rating: 2.7 (10 ratings)
Sermon 654 : Martha, Mary and the Attitude of Discipleship : 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
7/21/2013
Please click the play button above to listen now.
Although the little story of Martha and Mary has been interpreted throughout the centuries as a parable dealing with the "active" and "contemplative" approach to the spiritual life, it can be read as Christ's invitation to all people to partake in his inner circle of discipleship. Christ overturned the social conventions of his time by summoning all people to discipleship. Thus, we must remove all barriers to discipleship for all people.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

SrWoodchuck

First Hillary for Preezy bumper sticker.....it can go right next the the Progtard one for "Whirled Peas."

Lee.jpg

Via KnuckleDraggin'

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck
Obama And The Manure Spreader http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/56647#.Ues9NQvzvUQ.twitter

“For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government’s mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts. So what just happened?”

Scissors-32x32.png

The Obama Regime has decided we are dumb enough that we won’t even notice that we are being manipulated by the machinations of dark forces within a government gone rogue.

As if that were not scary enough, after a bit of soul searching, I have concluded Obama is right. I think we HAVE become just that stupid.

Once again, we warn that the US is beginning to favor the old USSR more and more, every day, under the Obama Regime. Until NOW the people of the US have not had to bear-up under the strain of government sponsored propaganda broadcasts. In the Old USSR it was common practice. In nearly all Marxist countries it is standard practice. Now that the US has adopted Marxism, under Obama’s guidance and tutorship, it will now be a part of every American’s daily brain training by the government.

Until now, it was flat-out illegal to broadcast government propaganda in the US. No longer.

“Until this month, a vast ocean of U.S. programming produced by the Broadcasting Board of Governors such as Voice of America, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and the Middle East Broadcasting Networks could only be viewed or listened to at broadcast quality in foreign countries. The programming varies in tone and quality, but its breadth is vast: It’s viewed in more than 100 countries in 61 languages. The topics covered include human rights abuses in Iran; self-immolation in Tibet; human trafficking across Asia; and on-the-ground reporting in Egypt and Iraq.” http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/07/12/us_backs_off_propaganda_ban_spreads_government_made_news_to_americans

For most Americans, I suspect the “BBG” is a completely unheard of organization. Heck, I spent thirty years in the broadcasting industry and I rarely, if ever, heard their name brought up.

Back in the day—you know—back before America became stupid and people actually paid attention to things outside their thirty inches of personal space, folks had heard of entities such as: Voice of America, Radio Free Europe, Radio Liberty, Middle East Broadcasting networks (including Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), Radio Free Asia, and the Office of Cuba Broadcasting better known, at least among the domestic broadcasting community, as “Radio Marti.”

The BBG became an independent, autonomous entity on October 1, 1999, as a result of the Foreign Affairs Reform and Restructuring Act of 1998 (Pub.L. 105–277). BBG had 3,200 employees and a budget of US$535 million in 2002.

The 2012 budget request from BBG was $767 million.

Scissors-32x32.png

Understand: We are talking about the US government feeding propaganda to the American people. Understand, too, that propaganda is information (or misinformation) that is spread for the purpose of promoting some cause, some action (or even some inaction) the government favors. It is pure manipulation of the masses often described as “brain washing.” In the months and years ahead look for it anywhere as political propaganda (especially Marxist propaganda) can be, and often is, communicated via art, literature, and the movies.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

righteousmomma

I am not posting this comment with any intent in mind - neither pro nor con. Just an observation. For those who are hoping Senator Cruz could be President someday - he was NOT born in the United States. His mother was but (if I recall correctly) the Founders stipulated the candidate has to be "native" born.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mark-levin-unloads-on-obama-im-ashamed-of-this-president-i-think-hes-a-disgrace/

“I’m ashamed of this President. I think he’s a disgrace. I’m ashamed of this Attorney General. I think he’s a disgrace. They have no respect for you. i don’t care what your color is. They have no respect for this country. None.”

Ditto

• Like 3