Coffee Shop

Rheo

Thank you for posting this, @saveliberty. This young man is quite outstanding.

I do have a question. Does anyone know if this Robert J Zimmerman, Jr is an attorney? His father (Sr.) was a magistrate in Virginia. So did Jr. follow on in that profession? It would explain his smooth presentation.

• Like 1

saveliberty

Thank you for posting this, @saveliberty. This young man is quite outstanding.

I do have a question. Does anyone know if this Robert J Zimmerman, Jr is an attorney? His father (Sr.) was a magistrate in Virginia. So did Jr. follow on in that profession? It would explain his smooth presentation.

You are welcome, @Chickadee!

I do not know if this is he, but there is a Robert J. Zimmerman, Jr. who is an attorney in Tampa, Florida.

righteousmomma

Valin, somewhere here you had posted something you had found that was likening Morality Monday with what happened in Wisconsin? And I said it is nothing like Wisconsin.

Drudge has this as an advertisement on our Ipad screen this morning. Good read as it exposes the usual motives and suspects.

If you read the link. See the salaries.

https://www.nccivitas.org/2013/moneymonday/

"Liberal protesters at the General Assembly have been claiming they are acting in the name of morality, but a new Civitas study shows the role played by money – more than $100 million in state funds.

William Barber, NC NAACP President, has acknowledged that “Moral Mondays” are not a “spontaneous action.” He said that the seeds of the recent protests were first sowed when he and others formed a coalition of liberal groups called Historic Thousands on Jones Street (HKonJ). In 2013, HKonJ became the coordinating umbrella organization for the groups protesting at Moral Mondays. But as I have noted, it might be more appropriate to call “Moral Mondays” – “Money Mondays.” Here’s why.

A Civitas study shows that HKonJ affiliated groups have received more than $100 million in direct state grants in recent years. These include $33 million for the Community Development Initiative, $20 million for the Minority Support Center, and $17.5 million for the North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development............".

Valin, somewhere here you had posted something you had found that was likening Morality Monday with what happened in Wisconsin? And I said it is nothing like Wisconsin.

Drudge has this as an advertisement on our Ipad screen this morning. Good read as it exposes the usual motives and suspects.

If you read the link. See the salaries.

https://www.nccivitas.org/2013/moneymonday/

Why am I not surprised?

Was the World a Better Place 100 Years Ago? Photographic Evidence

John Hinderaker

7/15/13

Yesterday Glenn Reynolds linked to this very beautiful set of black and white photographs, most of which are around 100 years old, although some go back to the Civil War. Glenn notes, Its sad to see how much better Detroit looked at the beginning of the last century. . . . Well, yes: but that is a low bar. My reaction is, it isnt just Detroit. The whole world looks better to meless crowded, cleaner, more confident and hopeful. Better dressed, too.

(snip)

Short Answer John is No The wold was not a better place 100 years ago.

BTW My favorite

Daytona Beach, 1910:

1000x789xstory_080.jpg.pagespeed.ic.beCm

• Like 3

Hillary Clinton: George Zimmerman verdict brought ‘deep heartache’

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke about the “heartache” of the Trayvon Martin case in D.C. Tuesday evening while speaking to an African-American sorority group.

---

I wish she would give that speech at my White sorority group.

How many damn hypenated-divide-us-still-by race-groups are there?

arrgg.

• Like 1

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke about the “heartache” of the Trayvon Martin case in D.C. Tuesday evening while speaking to an African-American sorority group.

Riiiiight! And she also likes to hang out in Blue Collar bars and do Shooters.

If you can fake sincerity you've got it made."

George Burns

SrWoodchuck

Riiiiight! And she also likes to hang out in Blue Collar bars and do Shooters.

If you can fake sincerity you've got it made."

George Burns

I have 2 questions

1. Who is Hillary Clinton?

2. What difference does it make?

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

Rumors that Rachel Jeantel has been offered a full ride scholarship at the black college of her choice.....along with help on her SAT & ACT tests.......and another Obamaphone...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/rachel-jeantel-scholarship_n_3606038.html

I have 2 questions

1. Who is Rachel Jeantel?

2. Why should I care?

Rachel Jeantel is the 19yo "friend" of Trayvon Martin......functionally illiterate.....and star witness for the Zimmerman prosecutors.

She is also the last person that he talked to on this earth.........before the 11....12.....13....17 year old brought only his bad attitude & his MMA technique to a gunfight. [That fact alone should be punishment enough]

SrWoodchuck

Individual Rights vs. the Barrel of a Gun

by Ali Salim
July 16, 2013

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3848/individual-rights-vs-gun

Scissors-32x32.png

The Americans are getting ready to withdraw from Afghanistan at a designated date, but not in wild retreat like the red-faced Soviets. One of the reasons the U.S. is able to luxuriate in an orderly withdrawal is its ability to adopt the tactic of using small UAVs [unmanned Aerial Vehicles] for the targeted killing of terrorist operatives. The UAVs were what overcame al-Qaeda and the Islamists and their terrorist threats, and that turned these terrorists from being free agents into "sitting ducks." The UAVs were what made it difficult for these Taliban opium-growers to continue killing the over-equipped American soldiers who were trying to locate them in those snow-capped mountains and high craggy cliffs of Afghanistan.

There are, however, people in the West who criticize the targeted killings of the Taliban; they claim that fair trials were not given these terrorists. The result, however, was that it was those aerial assaults that brought the Taliban leaders, at least for a short time, to the negotiating table in the new glass-and-steel offices in Qatar.

Scissors-32x32.png

What made the Taliban consent to talk to the West was, yet again, the determined American use of military force based on reliable intelligence -- and the targeted killings.

The lesson of Middle East has been that enforcing justice in this merciless corner of the world can only be accomplished with a loaded gun and the readiness to use it. For this reason, the West's condemnation and wringing of hands against wiretapping, the prisoners' conditions in Guantanamo and targeted killings carried out by UAVs are a symptom of either alarming sanctimony or alarming ignorance.

Neither Western intelligence nor the conditions of internment and interrogation will ever deter Islamic terrorism in the Middle East -- or anywhere else. The terrorists regard them as a joke, especially compared to the techniques used by their own intelligence services.

When, as Arabs, we see how Western society, especially in the United States, agonizes over everything concerning the legal system and the rights of the individual, we can only conclude that American-style democracy is a recipe for self destruction, and that the last thing we should do is adopt it. It seems obvious that we should use America's lack of commitment to its own existence to carry out Islam's global mission.

American tears shed over finding the "correct" defense against Islamic terrorism require the following question: If your children were captured by Islamic terrorists and held in a basement along with a bomb, would you consider tapping their phone? If you had to torture a suspect to find out where the terrorists were hiding your children, would you torture them? To keep your children alive, would you kill a terrorist on his way to detonate the bomb, or would you worry about due process? Or would you hide your eyes with your hands like a five year-old and pretend it was not happening? Once you have answered those questions to yourself honestly, give all the victims of Islamic terrorism the same status as your own children -- because they are someone's children, and one day might be yours.

Western "dilemmas," wrapped in the cloak of morality, are weakness -- they are not moral in the least.

Scissors-32x32.png

I have been reeducated by the MSM with the Travon trial.

Now I understand that George Zimmerman is a "White Hispanic".

So I guess that must make the current occupier of the Oval Office....

..... a "Half White African - Might Be an American"

c_zps548d7cc6.jpg

H/T to RM for pointing this out

• Like 3

Rumors that Rachel Jeantel has been offered a full ride scholarship at the black college of her choice.....along with help on her SAT & ACT tests.......and another Obamaphone...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/rachel-jeantel-scholarship_n_3606038.html

I have 2 questions

1. Who is Rachel Jeantel?

2. Why should I care?

Rachel Jeantel is the 19yo "friend" of Trayvon Martin......functionally illiterate.....and star witness for the Zimmerman prosecutors.

She is also the last person that he talked to on this earth.........before the 11....12.....13....17 year old brought only his bad attitude & his MMA technique to a gunfight. [That fact alone should be punishment enough]

Am I the only one who will be really really when this subject goes away and the MSM moves on to the next distraction?

righteousmomma

Valin, msm will probably move on because yesterday on English Non American Piers Morgan she repeated from the trial how she told "Trayvon to RUN, RUN from that "white ass cracka" who wants to" rape you" and (potentially) your little brother back at your dad's girlfriend's house. Run, Trayvon, run.

But we all know "little angelic" Trayvon did not run. He disappeared for 4 minutes then stood his ground against this possible male rapist by jumping him. ummm sounds like a homosexual hate crime/gay bashing to me.

• Like 1