Zimmerman Trial: State Experts’ Audio Findings Not Admissible

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
zimmerman-trial-stat-experts-will-not-testify-on-audioLegal Insurrection:

Zimmerman Trial: State Experts’ Audio Findings Not Admissible

Posted by Andrew Branca Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 11:40am

Prosecution’s “Experts” cannot testify that screaming voice on 911 tape was not George Zimmerman

Judge Debra Nelson today ruled that the testimony of Mr. Tom Owens and Dr. Alan Reich, the prosecution’s experts in the field of speech recognition and speaker identification, will not be admissible at trial because they have failed to meet the requirements ofFrye. The Frye standard requires that an expert’s methodology be generally accepted, and not new or novel, within relevant scientific community.

The ruling cannot have come as a great surprise to anyone who heard the testimony first-hand, or was able to obtain objective reporting of that testimony.

Much of the ruling is a review of the testimony of the various experts. This testimony has been covered in much greater detail in the numerous Legal Insurrection posts linked below Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Zimmerman prosecutors can use terms `profiling' and `vigilante,' judge rules

By DAVID OVALLE | The Miami Herald

SANFORD, Fla. — The terms "profiling," "wannabe cop" and "vigilante" will be permitted in opening statements Monday by prosecutors in the George Zimmerman trial, a judge ruled Friday.

Seminole Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson, however, warned prosecutors to stay away from the more specific term "racial profiling."

Defense lawyers had asked that the prosecution be prohibited from using the terms because they were "inflammatory." But the judge said prosecutors can describe what they believe the evidence will show.

"We don't intend to say he was solely profiled because of race," prosecutor John Guy agreed, pointing out people can be profiled because of age or attire Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/06/21/194605/zimmerman-prosecutors-can-use.html

I'm afraid that the evidence will not make a wit of difference in the outcome of this trial.

The racial predisposition of the jury will be the soul factor deciding the outcome.

Very sad but that's what my corns are telling me.

Draggingtree

I'm afraid that the evidence will not make a wit of difference in the outcome of this trial.

The racial predisposition of the jury will be the soul factor deciding the outcome.

Very sad but that's what my corns are telling me.

Hate to agree but afraid you are right

righteousmomma

Quite a while back "SmokingGun" had quite an exposé. After reading I could never be on a jury and show unbiased opinion as to punk druggie Trayvon.

• Like 1

Quite a while back "SmokingGun" had quite an exposé. After reading I could never be on a jury and show unbiased opinion as to punk druggie Trayvon.

We (informed persons) need to set that aside when sitting on a jury otherwise only those people who no nothing about a case can sit on the jury.