Coffee Shop

Rheo

Thanks, guys. Now that I've had my laughs for the night I can hit the hay. I always leave the coffee shop in a good mood because of all the crazy banter here.

SrWoodchuck

Via iOTW........B-Won goes 0 for 5 V.S. Krispy C.......

Bromantic......isn't it?

• Like 1

A Sterling, Va., Costco has resumed normal business hours Thursday, less than a day after sheriff's deputies fatally shot a woman who came at officers with scissors and a knife.

The melee began at about 3 p.m. Wednesday, when store employees noticed the woman acting oddly while handing out pizza samples, said Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman.

The woman has been identified as 38-year-old Mhai Scott of Sterling.

Witnesses said she seemed upset about the pizza she was handing out, and was waving a knife and scissors, threatening employees.

Deputies were called to the store to handle the disturbance. After they arrived, Scott -- who worked for a company that handles sampling at Costco stores -- approached the officers with a knife and scissors, authorities said.

One officer tried to use a stun gun on Scott, but Chapman said the stun gun "did not work," and one of the deputies fatally shot her.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Deputy-Shot-at-Costco-in-Sterling-209389621.html

I guess that "Yes lady... I'd like a slice!" was the wrong thing to say to Mhai.

OK! Who let the secret out? I tell ya I'm getting tired of people letting our secrets out. People have got to learn to keep their mouths shut about this. rolleyes.gif
  • Like 1

From the Department of Just-Us:

AA+-+Holder+Swears+in+Witnesses.jpg

H/T:TheoSpark

I get the impression that you are...skeptical that Marc Rich's BFF will not do a diligent job at investigating these....unfortunate misunderstandings.

• Like 2

The Truth is finally revealed! Republicans are very very bad people, who want poor (read Black) children to starve. Paul Krugman says so and he's a certified smart guy...so it must be true. So next time you see a Republican shake your finger in their face and and say "Bad Republican...Bad Republican"

SrWoodchuck

The Truth is finally revealed! Republicans are very very bad people, who want poor (read Black) children to starve. Paul Krugman says so and he's a certified smart guy...so it must be true. So next time you see a Republican shake your finger in their face and and say "Bad Republican...Bad Republican"

I bites da little waggy fingers off....

• Like 1

I bites da little waggy fingers off....

I was reminded of Monty Python and the Holy Grail the Castle Anthrax scene.

Dingo: Oh, no! Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!

Sir Galahad: What is it?

Dingo: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot! She has been setting a light to our beacon, which, I've just remembered, is Grail shaped. It's not the first time we've had this problem.

Sir Galahad: It's not the real Grail?

Dingo: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! Oh, she is a bad person, and she must pay the penalty!

FB post tonight.

Sharyl Attkisson

If you haven't heard the PR phrase "astroturf," please get to know it. "Astroturfing" is rampant, esp. online (blogs, Facebook, Twitter). It means a special interest pays $$ to disguise itself and write blogs, edit Wikipedia entries, have "letters to the editor" published or just post comments to online material to make you believe a disinterested, grassroots party is speaking. Astroturfing is designed to provide the credibility of a non-conflicted source by masking the true source's financial interests in the subject. As one observer wrote: "Sometimes one individual operates over many personas to give the impression of widespread support for their client's agenda... astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action." The hallmarks of astroturfing can include use of key words such as "crazy," "nutty" and "pseudo," intended to sway the public from listening to the subject the $special interest$ wishes to disparage. If you suspect examples of this, add a comment here.

• Like 2

saveliberty

FB post tonight.

Sharyl Attkisson

If you haven't heard the PR phrase "astroturf," please get to know it. "Astroturfing" is rampant, esp. online (blogs, Facebook, Twitter). It means a special interest pays $$ to disguise itself and write blogs, edit Wikipedia entries, have "letters to the editor" published or just post comments to online material to make you believe a disinterested, grassroots party is speaking. Astroturfing is designed to provide the credibility of a non-conflicted source by masking the true source's financial interests in the subject. As one observer wrote: "Sometimes one individual operates over many personas to give the impression of widespread support for their client's agenda... astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action." The hallmarks of astroturfing can include use of key words such as "crazy," "nutty" and "pseudo," intended to sway the public from listening to the subject the $special interest$ wishes to disparage. If you suspect examples of this, add a comment here.

Thank you, @Rheo! I followed the link to like it on FB also.

• Like 1