Coffee Shop

Rheo

KOMO News ‏@komonews 9m
BREAKING: The I-5 Bridge over the Skagit River has collapsed. Cars are in the water. Avoid the area. More soon.

Seattle, WA · komonews.com

KOMO News ‏@komonews 9m

BREAKING: The I-5 Bridge over the Skagit River has collapsed. Cars are in the water. Avoid the area. More soon.

Seattle, WA · komonews.com

OMG!

Washington State Patrol confirms an I-5 bridge over the Skagit River has collapsed and at least two cars with people inside are in the water.

The incident has closed all northbound and southbound lanes.

KING 5 News crews are en route. More to follow.

clearvision

Colbert talking about O's powers to wage drone strikes and the requirement that must be tied to 9/11.... "New CIA technique called '6 degrees of guys who don't eat BACON'"....LOL

SrWoodchuck

Since when is Code Pink a media organization?

Really..........aren't they genital puppeteers?

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 5m

Witnesses say truck struck I-5 bridge in Washington state before collapse

What kind of truck? A bridge should be able to withstand being hit, shouldn't it?

What kind of truck? A bridge should be able to withstand being hit, shouldn't it?

Seems not this one. It was on the "needs work, really bad" list.

Picture of truck.or one like it?

All people (3) have apparently been rescued. Yes!

SrWoodchuck

Report: FBI Says Tamerlan Tsarnaev Participated In Gruesome 2011 Triple-Murder…

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/05/22/report-fbi-says-tamerlan-tsarnaev-participated-in-gruesome-2011-triple-murder/

Deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev participated in a 2011 gruesome triple homicide outside Boston along with a Chechen killed early Wednesday during a confrontation with the FBI and Massachusetts State Police in Orlando, Florida, a federal law enforcement official told CNN.

Ibragim Todashev, who died during the interview with authorities, not only confessed to his direct role in slashing the throats of three people in Waltham, Massachusetts, but also fingered Tsarnaev in the deaths, the official said Wednesday.

Todashev was being questioned about the slayings and his acquaintance with Tsarnaev.

Todashev attacked an FBI agent, who shot him dead, a federal law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the case told CNN.

The unsolved triple murder received renewed interest after it was learned that Tsarnaev had been a good friend of one of the Waltham victims.

Via WeaselZippers

SrWoodchuck

TREY GOWDY SPRINGS A TRAP: Did former IRS commissioner Doug Shulman commit perjury today? http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/05/did-former-irs-commission-doug-shulman.html

During his contentious testimony before the House Oversight Committee, former IRS commissioner Doug Shulman hemmed and hawed repeatedly when posed with the question: did the IRS itself investigate allegations of harassment and targeting of conservatives?

After nearly seven minutes, an exasperated Gowdy finally got to the bottom of it with this exchange:

Gowdy: Did you lift a finger to investigate the facts?

Shulman: Uh, I felt quite comfortable the Inspector General would run down the facts and...And once he had it it would be recorded out.

Gowdy: Let the record reflect that's a 'no'.

So the record shows that Shulman said "no", he instigated no internal investigation of these criminal actions. And I believe Trey Gowdy just trapped Mr. Shulman.

Because... it was revealed today that, indeed, the IRS did conduct an internal investigation and its results were withheld until after the election.Scissors-32x32.png

H/T:DougRoss@Journal

Beginning of the end at K-25

Frank Munger

5/23/13

K-25%20transite%20removal-thumb-620x379-

Workers are removing the transite panels from the exterior of the last remaining section on the east wing of the original K-25 uranium-enrichment facility. K-25 was built as part of the World War II Manhattan Project.

URS-CH2M Oak Ridge, the government's cleanup manager in Oak Ridge, has started removing transite panels from the outside of the last remaining section of the historic K-25 uranium-enrichment plant. According info distributed by the contractor, more than 2,800 of the old transite panels will be removed from that section in coming days.

The last part of the big building (once a mile-long in a U-shape) that's still standing is contaminated with technetium-99, a radioactive material that decays slowly and poses some particular hazards if it reaches the environment. Therefore, additional precautions are being taken in the cleanup phase and will also pose a special concern during waste disposal.

The demolion of K-25 has been underway since 2008, and the planning and preparations began years before that with more than a billion dollars invested in the overall effort.

(Smip

Al Franken Resists Impulse to Slug Reporter

John Hinderaker

5/24/13

This video of Jason Mattera trying to interview Al Franken and Chuck Schumer about their two letters to the IRS, asking the agency to crack down on tax-exempt social welfare groups, is pretty entertaining. Only I dont think Breitbart TV, which posted the video, described it correctly. Breitbart wrote:

(Snip)

I think Franken body-checked Mattera, not his aide, and it was clearly intentional. Franken has an anger management problem. He has been known to get into fist fights or wrestling matches with people who disagree with him about politics, and at the 2004 Republican convention he very nearly engaged in fisticuffs with Laura Ingrahams produceran altercation which I photographed. The picture was used in a Norm Coleman ad during their epic 2008 campaign. It looked to me as though Franken could barely resist mixing it up with Mattera. Schumer, on the other hand, ignored him completely. Here is the video:

Ah It's Really Great Having Two Such Distinguished Senators...one is a total a total cypher, and the other one is a bully.

clearvision

So Obama turns a Naval Graduation Ceremony into a lecture on sexual harassment. I would be very pissed as a parent or student to spend so much time and work on getting thru college to have the commencement have to include a discussion on sexual harassment. This guy is so tone deaf.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Christian Adams @ElectionLawCtr

Lois Lerner was today slapped with papers, @TrueTheVote lawsuit against her personally delivered to her house. #IRS

10:29 AM - 24 May 2013

“True The Vote” Files Lawsuit Against Lois Lerner Personally, Serves Her At Her House....via WeaselZippers.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/05/24/true-the-vote-files-lawsuit-against-lois-lerner-personally-serves-her-at-her-house/

Popcorn time! Somewhere around 27 lawsuits now filed against the IRS.....

original.jpg

SrWoodchuck

Renewed focus on transparency: http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=186813

He%27s-Going-To-Focus-Again.jpg

Stilton Jarlsberg via iOTW

As the most corrupt and anti-American administration ever sinks deeper and deeper into scandal and exponentially-expanding lies, Barack Hussein Obama is taking strong steps to get things back into control. Specifically, the "most transparent president" is going to get even more transparenter thanks to his entirely transparent "renewed focus on transparency," which the mainstream media is actually hailing as a good thing instead of just screaming "WTF?!" the way actual journalists would.

Hope n' Change, on the other hand, would like to see the president attempt a renewed focus on honesty, although it's hard to have a "renewed" focus when you've never had any previous focus on the issue at all.

And speaking of honesty, some of our more gentle readers may be asking, "Gosh, Stilt, surely you're not equating the president of the United States with the maniacal Muslim terrorists who butchered a brave, selfless young British soldier in the streets, are you?!" To which I would reply, with my renewed focus on honesty, "You bet your sweet ass that's what I'm doing."

Is that British soldier any more dead than Ambassador Stevens, Sean Patrick Smith, Glen Doherty, or Ty Woods? No, he is not.

Does Hope n' Change believe that those two murderous Muslim bastards hate Western culture and wish to destroy it more than Barack Hussein Obama does? No, we do not. And frankly, those morons are a lot less dangerous because they don't have the full power of our government to subvert elections, harass citizens, and chop up our Constitution bit by bloody, chunky bit.

Kudo's to Stilton J.......and you go, brother..... http://hopenchangecartoons.blogspot.com/2013/05/hes-going-to-focus-again.html

SrWoodchuck

They're releasing pictures of Barry O, at his prom.....way back in the 70's, in Kenya Hawaii....to blunt the scandals & show what a swell chap he was/is.......here is the newest:

obama_prom_photos_00111.jpg

They're releasing pictures of Barry O, at his prom.....way back in the 70's, in Kenya Hawaii....to blunt the scandals & show what a swell chap he was/is.......here is the newest:

obama_prom_photos_00111.jpg

LOL!

The first time I saw the prom photo, I though, he is probably goosing that guy.....and now it shows in the newest picture.