Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Just saw the post about the president not recognizing D-Day.

Good time to say: did anyone notice how the 0 left off any mention of the Revolutionary War when he was giving his very professorial thesis on the non war on terrorism a couple weeks back. Thought it was strange he began with mention of the Civil War (War Between the States).

• Like 1

Just saw the post about the president not recognizing D-Day.

Good time to say: did anyone notice how the 0 left off any mention of the Revolutionary War when he was giving his very professorial thesis on the non war on terrorism a couple weeks back. Thought it was strange he began with mention of the Civil War (War Between the States).

Because to him and his followers that was the only just and good war we've ever had

BILL KELLER Certified Smart Guy

We need Class Based Affirmative Action, not Race Based. Because (Apparently) its ok to discriminate on the basis of Class and not Race.

Why this is, is a tad unclear to me (being a bitter clinger and all), but Bill says so...so it must be true.

I am old and cranky, but can someone explain to me why some feel Snowden is a hero? To me he is nothing but a cowardly traitor.

I am old and cranky, but can someone explain to me why some feel Snowden is a hero? To me he is nothing but a cowardly traitor.

All whistle blowers are to be admired?

From the comments on The Right Scoop

DougDrake

6/10/13

June 10th Bob: Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?

Jim: You mean the Mexican gun running?

Bob: No, the other one.

Jim: The State Dept. lying about Benghazi?

Jim: The IRS targeting conservatives?

Jim: The DOJ spying on the press?

Jim: Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?

Jim: The NSA monitoring our phone calls, e-mails and everything else?

Bob: No, the other one

Jim: The State Dept. (new today) interfering with an IG investigation on dept. sexual misconduct?

Jim: HHS employees (also new today) being given insider information on Medicare Advantage?

Jim: Clinton, the IRS, Clapper & Holder all lying to Congress?

Jim: The EPA handing over 80 million personal information to left-wing groups"

Jim: I give up! Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million low-info voters stuck us again with the most corrupt administration in American history?

Bob: THATS THE ONE!

• Like 2

pollyannaish

Do we know that this guy qualifies as a whistle blower?

I remain pissed off.

I remain agnostic on Snowden we have more facts. I find it odd he went to China. I don't trust him. I don't trust the government. I don't trust our press. We are in trouble.

• Like 1

saveliberty

Remaking America: Who was Prescient and What Will Come? – UPDATED
June 10, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia

Scissors-32x32.png

Reading my post below, Joanne McPortland offered the above excerpt to me. It comes from the 1981 novel, The Clowns of God, by Morris L. West, who also wrote, The Shoes of the Fisherman. Joanne says Clowns is “potboiler, but really good potboiler, and though dated in some ways is obviously spot on about the things that don’t change.”

She actually wrote about the book last weekend in this post — number 3 on her hit list!

saveliberty
Obama's power grab: Column
Glenn Harlan Reynolds 7:30 p.m. EDT June 10, 2013
The common thread running through his scandals is an abuse of power.
1370816817000-AP-NSA---SIZING-UP-SURVEIL

(Photo: Connie Zhou, Google)

Scissors-32x32.png

Story Highlights
  • The NSA spying scandal goes deep, and the only upside is that it will distract from other scandals.
  • Sooner or later, power granted tends to become power abused.
  • Most Americans generally think that politicians are untrustworthy.

"How ironic is that? We wanted a president that listens to all Americans -- now we have one." That was Jay Leno's take on the Obama administration's expanding NSA spying scandal, which has gone beyond Verizon phone records to include Google, Facebook, Yahoo and just about all the other major tech companies except, apparently, for Twitter.

• Like 1

Do we know that this guy qualifies as a whistle blower?

I remain pissed off.

I remain agnostic on Snowden we have more facts. I find it odd he went to China. I don't trust him. I don't trust the government. I don't trust our press. We are in trouble.

Such a cynic!!