Obviously I'm gonna have to bring out the Big Guns

Guess who's moving in next door?

s-ED-SCHULTZ-large.jpg

Say hello to your new best friend.

Ack! We do have new next door neighbors that we haven't met yet. ohmy.png

A Case Study in Denial and Fanaticism

Steven Hayward

6/6/13

In its desperation the climate campaign resorted to calling climate skeptics denialists for quite a while now, with some going so far as to make an explicit comparison with holocaust deniers, just in case anyone didnt get the point. Well, who are the denialists now? Our friends at CFACT (Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow) are on hand this week at the latest round of UN climate talks in Bonn. What?you didnt know there was another round of climate talks under way? Where they argue for hours about whether to place a semi-colon in a particular spot in their latest draft declaration (true story)? Just mark it as another sign of the medias waning interest in the issue.

Anyway, CFACT took its video cameras around to ask delegates whether they were aware of the fact that global temperatures have stopped rising for the last 15 years or so. Hilarity (and some revealing comments about how the facts dont really matter to these folks) ensues. Who are the denialists now? Id give these guys a Green Weenie, except theyve already won so many that I dont want them to start hoarding.

(Snip)

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile....

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

or not

Well.. you may be able to prove that temperatures have gone down around the world in the last few years... but that's a natural outcome of global warming.

I know this is a hard concept for the "unwashed" proletariat to grasp... and we have to make allowances for that.

Let me explain it to you in another, more simplistic way.

Several years ago when I said "global warming"... the meaning to the enlightened was obviously "climate change".

So let's take a look at some facts that you cannot deny. If you are living north of the equator (the big belt around the waist of Gaia Mother Earth) then August was warmer and obviously a climate change from January... See?. If you are living south of Gaia's nether regions... then January was warmer.

No thinking person can deny this obvious climate change.

Case closed!

mad_scientist_zps48405194.jpg

Obama Has Time for Fundraising But Not D-Day Remarks

As reported earlier, President Obama and the White House failed to commemorate the 69th anniversary of D-Day yesterday.

Yesterday was the 69th anniversary of the D-Day invasion and President Obama failed to say anything about it. There is no released statement on WhiteHouse.gov and nothing on the White House or Barack Obama twitter feeds about the anniversary. President Obama did not make any public remarks about the anniversary yesterday, either.
Today, President Obama will attend two Democratic fundraisers in California.

http://http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/06/07/obama-has-time-for-fundraising-but-not-dday-remarks-n1615286

As reported earlier, President Obama and the White House failed to commemorate the 69th anniversary of D-Day yesterday.

Yesterday was the 69th anniversary of the D-Day invasion and President Obama failed to say anything about it. There is no released statement on WhiteHouse.gov and nothing on the White House or Barack Obama twitter feeds about the anniversary. President Obama did not make any public remarks about the anniversary yesterday, either.

http://http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/06/07/obama-has-time-for-fundraising-but-not-dday-remarks-n1615286

Could always be worse

4846400853_798d649a4a_z.jpg

Could always be worse

4846400853_798d649a4a_z.jpg

Good point.

Check out the story at Hot Air. If nothing else, at least he is now on record that Bush was right in the second video, although he cannot mention his name.

Obama: If you can’t trust government to follow the Constitution while spying, we’re going to have some problems

Point is there is a world of difference between (say) The NSA and the IRS. Two entirely different institutional cultures.

Soda or pop? Coo-pon or cyu-pon? Maps reveal how America speaks

Melissa Dahl, NBC News

6/6/13

Is it soda or pop? PEE-can or pick-AHN? Coo-pon or cyu-pon? You likely have opinions on each of these questions -- very strong opinions, opinions you would fight to the death to defend!

Joshua Katz, a Ph.D student in the Department of Statistics at NC State University, understands. He's just published a fascinating set of maps that show the different ways Americans pronounce these much-debated words and phrases, taken from data collected by Bert Vaux of Cambridge University.

"I've always found regional variations in dialect really fascinating," Katz told NBCNews.com in an email. "Language says so much about who a person is. To me, dialect is a badge of pride -- it's something that says, 'This is who I am; this is where I come from.' So, just to take one example, being from South Jersey, what everyone else calls a sub will for me always be a hoagie."

(Snip)

H/T HotAir

That's interesting. I didn't know that about the Jordanians controlling half of Jerusalem for almost 20 years. Ah! The things I don't know!

The Week in Pictures, Eavesdropping Edition

Steven Hayward

6/8/13

So the scandals piling up faster than cars on a foggy road are finally starting to take their toll on Obamas approval rating, but theres one group of Americans among whom Obamas popularity is soaring: editorial cartoonists. They havent had this much to work with since . . . Nixon. Oopstheres that unwelcome comparison again. Anyway, the main theme for this week was obviousso obvious you could spot it without a pattern-recognition search by the NSA. (Hi NSA!, by the way. Hope youre having a good day. Power Line loves you. Really, we do.)

463x399xChicago-Way-copy.jpg.pagespeed.i

580x436xVerizon-customers-copy-600x452.j

462x304xIRS-Targeting-copy.jpg.pagespeed

558x431xOne-Stop-Shopping-copy.jpg.pages

580x418xGerman-Sushi-copy-600x433.jpg.pa

That's interesting. I didn't know that about the Jordanians controlling half of Jerusalem for almost 20 years. Ah! The things I don't know!

Then you also missed the huge demonstrations demanding a separate Palestinian State on the West Bank.

esimage1.jpg

Crowds gather to demand Palestinian State on the West Bank

Then you also missed the huge demonstrations demanding a separate Palestinian State on the West Bank.

esimage1.jpg

Crowds gather to demand Palestinian State on the West Bank

biggrin.png