11:30am (ET) LIVE: U.S. Consulate Attack in Benghazi, Libya

Valin

Won't Petraeus eventually be called before the Oversight committee? Once there, I doubt he would lie to cover any misdeeds by the Administration that took him down by leaking his affair.

Won't Petraeus eventually be called before the Oversight committee? Once there, I doubt he would lie to cover any misdeeds by the Administration that took him down by leaking his affair.

Not sure, but one would think he would be called. Maybe he is the one that leaked the emails. ha

O admin is probably glad it is Friday.

Probably not going to have much of a weekend either. Preparing for the Sunday shows and Monday's press conference. As hard as they try, Benghazi isn't going away and on top of that the IRS joins the fiasco.

• Like 1

clearvision

O admin is probably glad it is Friday.

Probably not going to have much of a weekend either. Preparing for the Sunday shows and Monday's press conference. As hard as they try, Benghazi isn't going away and on top of that the IRS joins the fiasco.

Hey, Hey. Stop with tying Obama to IRS. Carney made it clear today they are a completely autonomous agency and have nothing to do with the WH.

righteousmomma

I didn't like some of the comments on the CBS censored parts nor to Rubin. They read though like the standard plants that go with every article remotely critical of the one and the Dems.

Same bash Bush and the Republicans talking points and how the o is the greatest President ever.

I didn't like some of the comments on the CBS censored parts nor to Rubin. They read though like the standard plants that go with every article remotely critical of the one and the Dems.

Same bash Bush and the Republicans talking points and how the o is the greatest President ever.

Agree, the problem I have is if the parties were reversed we'd see the same Kind of comments.

righteousmomma

Well, having been a comment reader for at least 10 years now I will have to say that the comments from our side never quite lived up to the vitriol and name calling and plain crude ignorance of the dem/lib ones. Btw, have you noticed every time there is one of those "0 is the greatest and has done the most" is written in rather poor English and grammar?

Well, having been a comment reader for at least 10 years now I will have to say that the comments from our side never quite lived up to the vitriol and name calling and plain crude ignorance of the dem/lib ones. Btw, have you noticed every time there is one of those "0 is the greatest and has done the most" is written in rather poor English and grammar?

I've just restarted reading them again. As for the two sides, I guess I hold our side to a higher much standard. I do agree that one one hates like the tolerant open minded Left. Ya know there's a book or a website in there somewhere...

Can't we all just get along?

a journey through the New Civility

A web site...George Bush is an Icky Poo Poo.com

Its a million dollar idea! smile.png

The Benghazi Lie _ Mark Steyn

Shortly before last November’s election I took part in a Fox News documentary on Benghazi, whose other participants included the former governor of New Hampshire John Sununu. Making chit-chat while the camera crew were setting up, Governor Sununu said to me that in his view Benghazi mattered because it was “a question of character.” That’s correct. On a question of foreign policy or counterterrorism strategy, men of good faith can make the wrong decisions. But a failure of character corrodes the integrity of the state.

That’s why career diplomat Gregory Hicks’s testimony was so damning — not so much for the new facts as for what those facts revealed about the leaders of this republic. In this space in January, I noted that Hillary Clinton had denied ever seeing Ambassador Stevens’s warnings about deteriorating security in Libya on the grounds that “1.43 million cables come to my office” — and she can’t be expected to see all of them, or any. Once Ambassador Stevens was in his flag-draped coffin listening to her eulogy for him at Andrews Air Force Base, he was her bestest friend in the world — it was all “Chris this” and “Chris that,” as if they’d known each other since third grade. But up till that point he was just one of 1.43 million close personal friends of Hillary trying in vain to get her ear.

Advertisement

Now we know that at 8 p.m. Eastern time on the last night of Stevens’s life, his deputy in Libya spoke to Secretary Clinton and informed her of the attack in Benghazi and the fact that the ambassador was now missing. An hour later, Gregory Hicks received a call from the then–Libyan prime minister, Abdurrahim el-Keib, informing him that Stevens was dead. Hicks immediately called Washington. It was 9 p.m. Eastern time, or 3 a.m. in Libya. Remember the Clinton presidential team’s most famous campaign ad? About how Hillary would be ready to take that 3 a.m. call? Four years later, the phone rings, and Secretary Clinton’s not there. She doesn’t call Hicks back that evening. Or the following day.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/347980/benghazi-lie

Draggingtree

Benghazi: Progressives

Rewrite History in Real Time

Frank Salvato

If there was ever a moment in time when the American people could collectively glean knowledge from a “teachable moment,” the Obama Administration’s handling of the al Qaeda-related attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya is surely one. From the moment the public became aware of what can only be perceived as an act of war, perpetrated at the hands of an enemy that has officially declared war on the United States and the West, the Obama Administration – Progressives one and all – have engaged in one of their favorite tactics of political opportunism: re-writing history. In this instance, they are doing it in real time; right in front of our faces. From the moment UN Amb. Susan Rice took to the airwaves to insist that the attacks that took the lives of a US Ambassador and three of his colleagues were, in fact, not a coordinated and planned terrorist assault of a US target of interest, but, rather, a “spontaneous” uprising turned violent, spurred by a third-rate video that literally no one had ever seen, the American people were being subjected to fact manipulation for political purposes. With an election coming up, a terrorist attack did not fit the Obama Campaign’s narrative that, “Osama bin Laden is dead and al Qaeda is on the run.” If the al Qaeda was on the run on September 11, 2012, it was running forward, bayonets fixed, with death in their eyes.Scissors-32x32.png

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/9292

Draggingtree

Pentagon Puts Libya Quick Response Teams on Alert

by Bridget Johnson May 10, 2013 - 8:38 pm

Several U.S. military teams designed to deliver a quick response to crises in the wake of the Benghazi attack were on alert tonight as political unrest grew in Libya.

Reports said the U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) teams based in Stuttgart, Germany, were put on notice to be prepared to fly into the restive North African nation quickly if needed.

Militias demanding that all those who served in Moammar Gadhafi’s regime be banned from working in the new government laid siege to the Foreign Ministry and Justice Ministry starting April 28. After they got their wish with a law passed last Sunday, the gunmen refused to give up their siege.

Libyan Defense Minister Mohammed al-Barghathi, who served in Gadhafi’s Air Force yet like some military commanders also worked to oust the dictator, resigned before being talked into staying by Prime Minister Ali Zeidan.

“I will never be able to accept that politics be practiced by the power of weapons,” Barghathi told a news conference. “This is an assault against the democracy I have sworn to protect.” Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/05/10/pentagon-puts-libya-quick-response-teams-on-alert/