Coffee Shop

Rheo

U.N.: Eating insects is good for you and world

The latest weapon in the U.N.'s fight against hunger, global warming and pollution might be flying by you right now.

Edible insects are being promoted as a low-fat, high-protein food for people, pets and livestock. According to the U.N., they come with appetizing side benefits: Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and livestock pollution, creating jobs in developing countries and feeding the millions of hungry people in the world.

Good grief! I won't even eat a horse, or a goat, or a rabbit. Insects?! No. I suppose they say they would mash them up and you would never know. dry.png

pollyannaish

This may have already been discussed but I see three things in the IRS scandal that scream intentional.

First , a Bush appointee is kept on to head the angency. This gives plausible deniability.

Second, if you were going to target groups asking low level employees to do it would be more effective because they would be more prone to flattery and pressure from the presidents team then the top level agency folk who are looking out for their careers.

Third, Obama joked about targeting people in 2009. Why would you do that? It seems to me he tends To pretty clearly project his intentions, even if they are "jokes." And today David Plouffe tweets a justification.

This is going to go deep. And it makes you go hmmmmm. What did the president know and when did he know it?

And this is without Bengazi. The dam is breaking. Look for Petraeus to come back hard.

pollyannaish

Uhhh. Did anyone clear this with PETA?

The latest weapon in the U.N.'s fight against hunger, global warming and pollution might be flying by you right now.

Edible insects are being promoted as a low-fat, high-protein food for people, pets and livestock. According to the U.N., they come with appetizing side benefits: Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and livestock pollution, creating jobs in developing countries and feeding the millions of hungry people in the world.

This may have already been discussed but I see three things in the IRS scandal that scream intentional.

First , a Bush appointee is kept on to head the angency. This gives plausible deniability.

Second, if you were going to target groups asking low level employees to do it would be more effective because they would be more prone to flattery and pressure from the presidents team then the top level agency folk who are looking out for their careers.

Third, Obama joked about targeting people in 2009. Why would you do that? It seems to me he tends To pretty clearly project his intentions, even if they are "jokes." And today David Plouffe tweets a justification.

This is going to go deep. And it makes you go hmmmmm. What did the president know and when did he know it?

And this is without Bengazi. The dam is breaking. Look for Petraeus to come back hard.

I sure hope so.

pollyannaish

Pollyannaish, I think. the Bush appointee was a Democrat,

Could be. But spin-wise, they thought they had it covered. They didnt!

I think this is still the beginning honestly. I love that he told grad last week to ignore those who said not to trust the government! Ha!

A question just occured to me. Has Barack Obama ever really taken the blame for anything bad that has happened? Cause nothing comes to mind.

A question just occured to me. Has Barack Obama ever really taken the blame for anything bad that has happened? Cause nothing comes to mind.

I think he once did when he made a bad putt.

When I was in Korea we used to collect these BIG beetles for the house boys. They loved them....it was always a good thing to stay on their good side.

I think he once did when he made a bad putt.

buck.png

BTW I've heard that he is a really really bad golfer.

So what is buggin' you? You are what you eat. Wasp for dinner?

OK, I thought we exhausted the insect puns a couple of weeks agoLMFAO.gif

mozartlover

David Burge@iowahawkblog2h

MSNBC must be having a hard time deciding which story to ignore first.

LMFAO.gif

• Like 2

Do Psychopaths Look Alike?

Peter Robinson

Reading up on the Bolshevik Revolution over the last couple of days--my Cold War project may be moving slowly, but it's moving--I kept feeling that Vladimir Lenin reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite think who. This morning, it struck me: Charles Manson.

(Snip)

Lenin_medium.jpgCharles-Manson-9397912-2-402_medium.jpg

This isn't quite fair Charlie is responsible for...(?) 7 murders Vlad....well lets just say a few more than 7 like 6 million. Not to say if Charlie had the chance that Lenin had he wouldn't have run the count.

pollyannaish

When I was in Korea we used to collect these BIG beetles for the house boys. They loved them....it was always a good thing to stay on their good side.

The Beetles or the houseboys? Ha! ;)

clearvision

We are supposed to be at the top of the food chain....

Birds eat bugs. Cats eat birds. Dogs eat cats. Humans eat cows. Wait... some steps in the chain are missing...

pollyannaish

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would be asking some questions about what the Obama administration knows about John Roberts.

Wait. I'm not one and I'm now asking that. Seine needs to start doing some digging.

• Like 1

The Beetles or the houseboys? Ha! ;)

The beetles were suicidal...they'd fly right at your head. The Houseboys...Taekwondo is the national sport in Korea, which mean pretty much everyone over the age of 12 can kick your ass, and they controled the barracks, so it paid to stay on their good side.

Birds eat bugs. Cats eat birds. Dogs eat cats. Humans eat cows. Wait... some steps in the chain are missing...

Dog is not bad. and it doesn't taste like chicken.

clearvision

Dog is not bad. and it doesn't taste like chicken.

That is not what O says....

SrWoodchuck

Hillary Clinton Fired From Watergate Committee for Fraud, Ethics Violations

From 2008:

Now comes this bombshell from Jerry Zeifman, who supervised a much younger Hillary Clinton when she worked as a staffer for the Watergate committee: 'A lifelong Democrat, Mr. Zeifman supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.'

Why?

"Because she was a liar," Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.'

Mr. Zeifman also had this to say about a Hillary campaign rally in Connecticut in early February of this year: 'I have just seen Hillary Clinton and her former Yale law professor both in tears at a campaign rally here in my home state of Connecticut. Her tearful professor said how proud he was that his former student was likely to become our next President. Hillary responded in tears.' 'My own reaction was of regret that, when I terminated her employment on the Nixon impeachment staff, I had not reported her unethical practices to the appropriate bar associations.'

Scissors-32x32.png

Post, prompted by this:

BKFJlBtCcAI-JEA.jpg

Adam Baldwin Tweet: Via Twitchy & iOTW.

• Like 1

Do Psychopaths Look Alike?

Peter Robinson

Reading up on the Bolshevik Revolution over the last couple of days--my Cold War project may be moving slowly, but it's moving--I kept feeling that Vladimir Lenin reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite think who. This morning, it struck me: Charles Manson.

(Snip)

Lenin_medium.jpgCharles-Manson-9397912-2-402_medium.jpg

This isn't quite fair Charlie is responsible for...(?) 7 murders Vlad....well lets just say a few more than 7 like 6 million. Not to say if Charlie had the chance that Lenin had he wouldn't have run the count.

You're right -- Lenin could be Manson's father.

I like it that the Brits call the president Ba-rack, as in coat rack, instead of Ba-rock. Mispronouncing a name is at least careless if you should know better, if not downright insulting.