Witnesses: 2 explosions heard near finish line of Boston Marathon

Rheo

clearvision

Great, some news sources are now blaming the 200 point drop in the DOW and gold plummet on this bombing. (the markets had already tanked well before this).

New narrative: When will we ever be as safe as we were during 8 years of 43?

Define safe. Then ask the question...what is the purpose of terrorism?

It was probably in a small bag or backpack.

Looking at the vids, they look like small charges. I would say (and I could very well be wrong wrong wrong) who ever did this, they were not professionals, amateurs some people trolling the Net.

? 'splain please, @Valin.

You might start googleing "Leaderless Jihad" There are any number of small groups of violent Islamist in the counrty, they get their insperation from al qaeda/islamic terror groups on the net.

One reason I say they were not veteran/professional terrorists is, no secondary bombs in place...also the small charges used and (it appears) no shrapnel. I would say no one in this group/cell had any experience with explosives.

This could have been A LOT worse.

Thanks. I'm hearing that there was shrapnel, and that there were secondary explosives found...but that the government [not sure which arm, or local, state or DHS] shut down the cell towers for a few hours to block a cell phone trigger, until the devices could be disarmed.

Form what I hear (and that is probably wrong) a man was seen putting a package in a trashcan. By shrapnel I mean nails/bolts/nuts. By secondary explosives I mean a bomb that goes off 5-10 minutes later.

As always I reserve my god given constitutional right to be wrong.

SrWoodchuck

"Safe" as opposed to how "un-safe" we are with Oblunder Bow, Bury & Buy foreign policy. Just a suggestion to change the narrative & the momentum. I personally have had enough domestic terrorism via Obama policy.

• Like 1

clearvision

Now up to 3 dead. Over 100 injured. Boston Police Commissioner "THERE IS NO SUSPECT" wants to clear that up, said it 3 times. No info on extra bombs and LBJ library which they jumped on too quickly it appears.

clearvision

They have gone into silent mode. No comment, no comment no comment. In regards to other devices, suspects, etc.

The fat ass moron weighed in on twitter.

I call him a suspect at this point.

The final mile of the Boston Marathon today had been dedicated to the Newtown school victims.

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

"Safe" as opposed to how "un-safe" we are with Oblunder Bow, Bury & Buy foreign policy. Just a suggestion to change the narrative & the momentum. I personally have had enough domestic terrorism via Obama policy.

We've been this Unsafe for quite some time. The bad guys got lucky this time....they probably kept their mouths shut about what they were up yo. This assumes Islamic terrorism. I'd say a safe assumption at this point.

This begs another question. It's been 12 + years since 9-11, this is the 1st successful attack, Why is that? It has not been for lack of trying on their part. Guys like Zawahiri get a hard on at the very thought of doing another mass attack.

The final mile of the Boston Marathon today had been dedicated to the Newtown school victims.

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

Dear Mr Moore

Thank you very much for your input. I will give it all the consideration it so richly deserves.

clearvision

OK FOX is pissing me off. This may be international, but they are speculating way to far on it and claiming we have been lucky to avoid this kind of thing for 10 years. Let's see some real info first.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

We've been this Unsafe for quite some time. The bad guys got lucky this time....they probably kept their mouths shut about what they were up yo. This assumes Islamic terrorism. I'd say a safe assumption at this point.

This begs another question. It's been 12 + years since 9-11, this is the 1st successful attack, Why is that? It has not been for lack of trying on their part. Guys like Zawahiri get a hard on at the very thought of doing another mass attack.

Just my opinion:

We no longer negotiate while projecting strength.....something that many others assume is weakness. We give aid, technology & good press to entities that have not only expressed hatred of us, but have clearly stated their deadly animosity & then drawn our blood at every opportunity & in any area of the globe. We have done this regardless of how diametrically opposite their culture is to ours & when they have stated intent for our harm....we have sent them more cash, guns & fawning "respect."

I think that during the Bush years, we at least pretended to oppose them & their intolerance....and when needed, we bloodied their noses.

Tell me if you think that we've increased our safety.

• Like 2

Just my opinion:

We no longer negotiate while projecting strength.....something that many others assume is weakness. We give aid, technology & good press to entities that have not only expressed hatred of us, but have clearly stated their deadly animosity & then drawn our blood at every opportunity & in any area of the globe. We have done this regardless of how diametrically opposite their culture is to ours & when they have stated intent for our harm....we have sent them more cash, guns & fawning "respect."

I think that during the Bush years, we at least pretended to oppose them & their intolerance....and when needed, we bloodied their noses.

Tell me if you think that we've increased our safety.

I have no real disagreements with anything you said. My point was simply to say we have always been this "unsafe". This time they got lucky.

clearvision

OK WSJ started pushing the extra bombs and is the quoted source for all the talking heads, but here is the current WSJ post....

Counterterrorism officials found five additional suspect devices, but a law-enforcement official said late Monday that investigators now doubt the devices were bombs.

Two people briefed on the investigation said officials initially believed that the five additional devices could be undetonated explosives. Later Monday, a law-enforcement official said subsequent closer examinations led investigators to doubt that they were bombs.

SrWoodchuck

History of the Muslim Brotherhood Penetration of the U.S. Government

http://www.gatestone...d-us-government

Given the long history of Muslim Brotherhood activity in this country, its declared objective to "destroy the Western civilization from within," and the extensive evidence of successful influence operations at the highest levels of the U.S. government, it is urgent that we recognize this clear and present danger that threatens not only our Republic but the values of Western civilization.

"Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest aspiration."

-- Motto of the Muslim Brotherhood

The upheavals of 2011-2012 across the Middle East and North Africa swept aside secular rulers and the established political order with startling speed, and continue to focus world attention on the revolutionary forces driving these far-reaching events. Poverty, oppression, inequality, and lack of individual freedom are all hallmarks of the societal stagnation that has gripped the Islamic world for the better part of fourteen centuries, but the driving force of the so-called "Arab Spring" is a resurgent Islam, dominated by the forces of al-Qa'eda and the Muslim Brotherhood. Energized as Islam may be at this time, however, without the active involvement of the United States to help arm[1], fund[2], support[3], and train[4] the region's Islamic rebels, it is questionable whether they could have gotten this far, this fast.

This report describes how the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrated and suborned the U.S. government to actively assist, whether knowingly or not, the mission of its grand jihad. Its hard-won position at the forefront of the 21st century Islamic Awakening is possible only because of decades of patient infiltration and political indoctrination (Da'wa) in the West, and especially the United States of America, even as the grassroots work of building an organizational structure advanced steadily in the land of its origin as well. It is important to recognize the sophistication of the Brotherhood's international strategy and how the take-down of U.S. national security defenses from within was critical to the current Middle East-North Africa (MENA) campaign to re-establish the Caliphate and enforce Islamic Law (shariah).Scissors-32x32.png

OK WSJ started pushing the extra bombs and is the quoted source for all the talking heads, but here is the current WSJ post....

Counterterrorism officials found five additional suspect devices, but a law-enforcement official said late Monday that investigators now doubt the devices were bombs.

Two people briefed on the investigation said officials initially believed that the five additional devices could be undetonated explosives. Later Monday, a law-enforcement official said subsequent closer examinations led investigators to doubt that they were bombs.

Fog Of War!

Oh and Thanks for the update!

Keep up the good work and there may be a cookie in this for you. biggrin.png

clearvision

CNN now backing off the extra bombs and saying "suspected" backpacks, etc.

One Word on the Boston Massacre

John Hinderaker

It is too early to say much about today’s terrorist attack on the Boston Marathon, but one thing struck me when I watched this video, which Steve posted earlier today, as well as other videos and photos of the aftermath of the explosions:

The response to the bombs by the crowd at the finish line was, I think, exemplary. Sure, many people fled from the explosions, and reasonably so. But a remarkable number ran, as they say, to the sound of the guns, even though when two bombs go off, one might well expect more. Many of these were professionals. The finish line of a marathon is a fortuitous spot to bomb, in that doctors, policemen, ambulances and so on are stationed there. Some soldiers happened to be on hand. But others were not professionals. Many just helped out, bravely, wherever they could.

634x457xarticle-2309563-19506DDB000005DC-647_634x457.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ntZM5OcfbC.jpg

(Snip)

636x350xarticle-2309563-1950B0F5000005DC-651_636x350.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oBHiI4Ccln.jpg

(Snip)

News reports indicate that a number of runners crossed the finish line and kept on running to the nearest hospital, to give blood.....(Snip)

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

Dear Mr Moore

Thank you very much for your input. I will give it all the consideration it so richly deserves.

Tingles Is On The Job!!!

Charlie Spiering @charliespiering

Chris Matthews on bombing: Tax day "does cause some emotions around the country, sometimes in the wrong parts of the brain.”

10:43 PM - 15 Apr 13

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint

Dear Mr Moore

Tingles Is On The Job!!!

Charlie Spiering @charliespiering

Chris Matthews on bombing: Tax day "does cause some emotions around the country, sometimes in the wrong parts of the brain.”

10:43 PM - 15 Apr 13

Well Tingles this tells me one thing for sure.