Witnesses: 2 explosions heard near finish line of Boston Marathon

Rheo

saveliberty

Now local story says that crowd builds at that time, so the intent could have been to hurt the most people as possible.

saveliberty

Injured is up to 99. One reporter said grimly that the number of deaths is apt to rise in the next few hours. :(

SrWoodchuck

Was/were there a spectator/s who was a target?

Were the injuries/casualties from the runners or those by the restaurant/sidewalk area?

Thus far, it's not clear if it was only spectators, but yes, spectators have been injured.

If you watch the initial explosion, there were spectators at the barricade. When the blast occurred, I believe the bodies absorbed the blast & pushed the barricade out into the street. they would have been centered for the most damage. The fact that the blast also damaged the interior of some buildings mean that the bomber probably had no time to put resisitance behind the bomb, to focus...or shape the charge....which would have made it much worse.

saveliberty

Massive traumatic injuries to lower limbs, head injuries and other grave injuries. Hospitals are busy. Most injuries to lower limbs.

Injured is up to 99. One reporter said grimly that the number of deaths is apt to rise in the next few hours. :(

A. Thanks

B. We need to understand as of right now most of what we hear is wrong. For of war.

By tomorrow at this time we'll begin to have an idea as to what happened

saveliberty

Now the authorities will search the whole path.

Copley is in full lockdown and is being treated like a crime scene.

Were the injuries/casualties from the runners or those by the restaurant/sidewalk area?

Thus far, it's not clear if it was only spectators, but yes, spectators have been injured.

If you watch the initial explosion, there were spectators at the barricade. When the blast occurred, I believe the bodies absorbed the blast & pushed the barricade out into the street. they would have been centered for the most damage. The fact that the blast also damaged the interior of some buildings mean that the bomber probably had no time to put resisitance behind the bomb, to focus...or shape the charge....which would have made it much worse.

It was probably in a small bag or backpack.

Looking at the vids, they look like small charges. I would say (and I could very well be wrong wrong wrong) who ever did this, they were not professionals, amateurs some people trolling the Net.

saveliberty

Injured is up to 99. One reporter said grimly that the number of deaths is apt to rise in the next few hours. sad.png

A. Thanks

B. We need to understand as of right now most of what we hear is wrong. For of war.

True that it's the fog of war (we spell funny in Massachusetts - I had to really think about what you meant blush.png )

The Kennedy library is now being reported as a fire and not an explosion.

Now the authorities will search the whole path.

Copley is in full lockdown and is being treated like a crime scene.

Just last night I was watching a documentary on the DC snipers, what caught them was good solid boring police work.

SrWoodchuck

Looking at the vids, they look like small charges. I would say (and I could very well be wrong wrong wrong) who ever did this, they were not professionals, amateurs some people trolling the Net.

? 'splain please, @Valin.

You might start googleing "Leaderless Jihad" There are any number of small groups of violent Islamist in the counrty, they get their insperation from al qaeda/islamic terror groups on the net.

One reason I say they were not veteran/professional terrorists is, no secondary bombs in place...also the small charges used and (it appears) no shrapnel. I would say no one in this group/cell had any experience with explosives.

This could have been A LOT worse.

SrWoodchuck

You might start googleing "Leaderless Jihad" There are any number of small groups of violent Islamist in the counrty, they get their insperation from al qaeda/islamic terror groups on the net.

One reason I say they were not veteran/professional terrorists is, no secondary bombs in place...also the small charges used and (it appears) no shrapnel. I would say no one in this group/cell had any experience with explosives.

This could have been A LOT worse.

Thanks. I'm hearing that there was shrapnel, and that there were secondary explosives found...but that the government [not sure which arm, or local, state or DHS] shut down the cell towers for a few hours to block a cell phone trigger, until the devices could be disarmed.

• Like 1

clearvision

Seems very similar to the "Olympic" bomber as far as type of explosive. Why 4 hours after main finish?

SrWoodchuck

Seems very similar to the "Olympic" bomber as far as type of explosive. Why 4 hours after main finish?

Speculation: The premier runners [including foreign runners] were long gone, but the families waiting for Mom & Dad to finish their amateur marathon would be at the barricades. Also it's after professional reporters & running fans were gone.....so families could pack the finish line.

• Like 1

clearvision

Very conflicting info right now. Phone companies say no disruption per FOX, but yet FOX says reports of. Early reports of more bombs are now being reported as suspicious packages that had to be treated as bombs. It will be interesting to see what really happened.

clearvision

This was a CNN headline, but now does not link to anything....

The bombs were small, with no initial sign of high-grade explosive material, an official tells CNN

Motive?

Crazy MF.

Specific target

Fear factor

Kill list

I apologize for my tin foil stuff, but nothing is out of the realm at this point.

Injured is up to 99. One reporter said grimly that the number of deaths is apt to rise in the next few hours. sad.png

A. Thanks

True that it's the fog of war (we spell funny in Massachusetts - I had to really think about what you meant blush.png )

The Kennedy library is now being reported as a fire and not an explosion.

I r gots hole grat big muchly edumakayshuns

• Like 1