Witnesses: 2 explosions heard near finish line of Boston Marathon

Rheo

17764747-witnesses-2-explosions-heard-near-finish-line-of-boston-marathon?liteNBC News:

Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday as runners were finishing the race, injuring multiple people, witnesses told NBC News.

Video from the finish line showed screams and an enormous cloud of white smoke, and about 20 seconds between the blasts. The Associated Press reported that bloody spectators were being carried to a medical tent that had been set up to care for tired runners.

Jackie Bruno, a reporter for New England Cable News, said on Twitter that she saw people’s legs blown off.

“Runners were coming in and saw unspeakable horror,” she said.

NBC affiliate WHDH said that storefront windows nearby were blown out.

Will Ritter, the spokesman for a Massachusetts Senate candidate, told NBC News that he heard what sounded like two explosions and saw smoke rising near the Boston Public Library. He said that he saw three fire engines and police running to the site.

“We heard two really large explosions in rapid succession, about a second apart from each other,” Ritter said. “Everybody kind of ducked and hit the ground.”

Janet Wu, a reporter for WHDH, told NBC News that she heard two loud explosions. A witness told WHDH that it sounded like cannon fire.

Massachusetts General Hospital said that it had four patients and was expecting more.

The AP reported that runners and race organizers were crying as they fled the scene. Runners who were still on the 26.2-mile course were being stopped and directed elsewhere, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency said. The agency suggested that people trying to reach loved ones use text messaging because of crowded phone lines.

Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

Latest is 2 dead 22 injured some serious. Video shows bomb go off in a crowd at finish line. Another explosive device did not go off and will be detonated.

clearvision

Reports of unexploded devices is false. They are just treating all unidentified bags as possible devices.

No report of suspect from Boston PD.

clearvision

JFK manager is reporting that it is just a fire in a mechanical room, no device. Boston PD and talking heads all adding this to a wider attack.

righteousmomma

I just heard about this through an email from a Bible Study friend. One of our friends was running in it. She is in her mid 40s + with 2 young children.

Now a 3rd explosion at JFK Library (SHEP says JFK airport) reported. Thought terrorism was over according to our leaders. However EVERYONE is calling it terrorism. But who?

I just heard about this through an email from a Bible Study friend. One of our friends was running in it. She is in her mid 40s + with 2 young children.

Now a 3rd explosion at JFK Library (SHEP says JFK airport) reported. Thought terrorism was over according to our leaders. However EVERYONE is calling it terrorism. But who?

Have you heard from her yet? Prayers that they are okay.

clearvision

Now Shep says 10 various kinds of decapitations. I assume he means limbs missing as decapitations would be dead... About to look for a new news source.

righteousmomma

Oh good!!! My friend reported on FB about an hour ago, according to another friend, that she is fine.

Oh good!!! My friend reported on FB about an hour ago, according to another friend, that she is fine.

Praise the Lord!

WestVirginiaRebel

explosion-reported-near-finish-line-boston-marathon-spokesman-saysFox News:

At least two people are dead and dozens injured – including up to 10 with amputated limbs – after two bombs tore through the finish line of the Boston Marathon and another exploded near a Boston library, according to the Boston Police Department.

The simultaneous explosions, and reports of two other unexploded devices found near the scene raised suspicions that the blasts, just before 3 p.m., could be part of a terrorist attack. Authorities shut down cellular service in the area in order to prevent remote detonations. Intelligence officials told The Associated Press two unexploded devices were being dismantled, and a third explosion near the JFK Library in the Columbia Point section of Dorchester. Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the bloody chaos, while some witnesses reported seeing victims with lost limbs.

"Somebody's leg flew by my head," a spectator, who gave his name as John Ross, told the Boston Herald. “I gave my belt to stop the blood.”

The first two explosions occurred at 2:50 p.m., about 50 to 100 yards apart, according to Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis.

Witnesses heard booms that sounded like two claps of thunder near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel, according to multiple local reports. The horror unfolded as the city marked the 238th annual Patriot's Day, commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.

Video of the scene showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims and blood on the ground near the finish line.

"I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising," Boston Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon, told the newspaper. "I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something...There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

________

Update on Boston bombings.

righteousmomma

"Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish "line of the race, in the heart of Boston."

righteousmomma

Whether it is the Saudi or not I can guarantee that the favorite choice was a white supremest separatist "Christian"

• Like 2