Coffee Shop

Rheo

Double Barreled Idiot....

H/T:WeaselZippers

Knowing nothing about guns, this was very interesting to me. I don't think Biden knows any more than I do! The last shooter was especially hilarious. biggrin.png

Head of Mexico's powerful teachers' union jailed

MEXICO CITY (AP) — One of Mexico's biggest political kingfish sits in a women's prison in the capital, accused of embezzling millions in funds from her teachers' union to pay for property, private planes, plastic surgery and her Neiman Marcus bill.

Elba Esther Gordillo, 68, leader of the 1.5 million-member National Union of Education Workers, was arrested late Tuesday afternoon as she landed at the Toluca airport near Mexico City on a private flight from San Diego. Assistant Attorney General Alfredo Castillo told the Televisa network that she was taken off the plane and flown by authorities to Mexico City.

(Snip)

The fall of one of the country's most storied and divisive characters — unthinkable just months ago — comes with the return to power of Mexico's Institutional Revolutionary Party, which previously ruled for 71 years and once helped Gordillo consolidate her power. She was arrested one day after President Enrique Pena Nieto signed into law a comprehensive education reform designed to dismantle a system she controlled.

(Snip)

th_Thinking.gif They might be on to something!

I thought the actresses reactions were pretty funny. They were not amused. I suppose they thought showing their boobs was high art and so totally acceptable.

I thought the actresses reactions were pretty funny. They were not amused. I suppose they thought showing their boobs was high art and so totally acceptable.

Any chance they'll get a clue?

Slim to none.

I wonder if they were their own boobs & not "stunt boobs?"

Maybe they thought they were making their arty exposure in films, for a mature, aesthetic-loving audience....and not 12 to 96 year old boys?

Slim to none.

I wonder if they were their own boobs & not "stunt boobs?"

They might have been....Enhanced. Not exactly original equipment.

For your consideration....regardless of whether you like their tone.....does the DHS/ICE have the right? It is now policy for DHS to confiscate communication devices, within a 100 mile limit of the border of the US. They can examine & remove them from your possession.

H/T:KnuckleDraggin'

For your consideration....regardless of whether you like their tone.....does the DHS/ICE have the right? It is now policy for DHS to confiscate communication devices, within a 100 mile limit of the border of the US. They can examine & remove them from your possession.

H/T:KnuckleDraggin'

Two Words....Probable Cause. For the record it is the drivers tone and attitude I don't like. He strikes me as a Jerk, and someone who was trolling for trouble.

@Valin

Two Words....Probable Cause. For the record it is the drivers tone and attitude I don't like. He strikes me as a Jerk, and someone who was trolling for trouble.

Doesn't seem like probable cause when they ask you to do something...and then let you go. Obedience to authority that is freely given, is authority that didn't have to be exercised. Sort of like allowing egress on your property for 20 years & then the courts find that your neighbor now owns or shares your rights to the property. Rights need to be continually pushed to their limit, or they are eroded & lost.....IMO.

....and yes there were some jerks on both sides....

With less than a day remaining of Benedict XVI’s pontificate…

February 28, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia 2 Comments

Scissors-32x32.png

Tonight, no lightning strikes; mere hours away from the of Benedict’s pontificate, a bright beam shines from the heavens and the absence of gloom almost gives a shiver: a light shines in the darkness, a light ever-ancient, ever-new.

Since the day and night have left us thoughtful and — the effect of our happy sadness — a little dreamy, I thought I’d give you a few particularly nice, or particularly interesting pieces about the Once and Future pope.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.c...h.qQ2yzKwI.dpuf

There are a number of links that she has at the end, all of them worthwhile.

I enjoyed the link to Brandon Vogt's Three keys to his legacy

Edited by saveliberty

His farewell Benedict-ion

Pope leaves office today

By ANDY SOLTIS

From Post Wire Services

Last Updated: 3:59 AM, February 28, 2013

Posted: 1:15 AM, February 28, 2013

Scissors-32x32.png

Looking frail but serene, Pope Benedict XVI bid an emotional farewell yesterday in front of 150,000 people, many waving banners that said “Grazie!” (thank you) in Rome’s St. Peter’s Square.

Benedict’s final speech gave his flock the kind of personal and touching address that many longed for during his eight years as pontiff.

He said when he was chosen in 2005, he wondered, “Lord, what do you ask of me?” and said he felt “it is a great weight you are placing on my shoulder.”

@Valin

Doesn't seem like probable cause when they ask you to do something...and then let you go. Obedience to authority that is freely given, is authority that didn't have to be exercised. Sort of like allowing egress on your property for 20 years & then the courts find that your neighbor now owns or shares your rights to the property. Rights need to be continually pushed to their limit, or they are eroded & lost.....IMO.

....and yes there were some jerks on both sides....

Probable Cause is a very big umbrella, and a lot of thing can be put under it.

As I recall these type of stops/roadblock are legal, the USSC ruled as long as they are random, they are constitutional.

I was a cop in the A.F., and I loved getting guys who wanted to play the attitude game.

Man who planned Great Train Robbery Bruce Reynolds dies aged 81

Reynolds was part of the gang who carried out heist which netted them a staggering £2.6 million - around £40 million in 2012 money

Rob Williams

2/28/13

Bruce Reynolds, the criminal mastermind behind the 1963 Great Train Robbery, has died aged 81.

Reynolds was part of the gang who carried out the daring heist which netted a staggering £2.6million - around £40million in 2012 money.

Bruce Reynolds died in his sleep this morning after a period of ill-health in which he was looked after by his son, Nick.

(Snip)

Criminal mastermind? Well maybe

http://youtu.be/rcLXr5LwBJ8