Coffee Shop

Rheo

God bless us. We really need it. I am very upset.

http://www.washingto...1a13_print.html

Benedict is a holy man who did not want to become Pope.

I'm Shocked! rolleyes.gif

Two points

A. History....History....History. You might start with the Book of Acts.

B. Where ever you have people you have rivalries, factions, all the warp and woof of human existence.

The good news is you don't have to like like it. The bad news is you do have to acknowledge it and deal with it.

Two points

B. Where ever you have people you have rivalries, factions, all the warp and woof of human existence.

The good news is you don't have to like like it. The bad news is you do have to acknowledge it and deal with it.

C. Don't blame God because sometimes He has cheap help.

• Like 3

Two points

C. Don't blame God because sometimes He has cheap help.

Well Said!!!

That the Washington Post is talking about this should come as no surprise to any thinking person.

Don't forget, Christians are strangers in this world. This current state of affairs is nothing new to God. Just new to some of us in this country, which is the sad part.

This comment was in response to what @righteousmomma wrote, but could also apply to The Vatican.

Edited by nickydog

Don't forget, Christians are strangers in this world. This current state of affairs is nothing new to God. Just new to some of us in this country, which is the sad part.

This comment was in response to what @righteousmomma wrote, but could also apply to The Vatican.

Of course some of us are stranger than others. biggrin.png

Written by Jason Horowitz....aka....J-HO. He's the flak that reported Mitt Romney for being a bully. He's a devoted Hitllery & Oblamer suck-up. Don't know if he's Jewish [father is David Horowitz] but doubt he's Catholic....yet he's compelled to comment.

This from an article I found.....seems accurate: http://thedailypen.blogspot.com/2012/05/liberal-mainstream-overbender-caught.html

"Apparently, according to McGeveran and Horowitz, it is the responsibility of the public to determine whether or not the crap they shovel is truthful or not…and if the public fails to detect the lie and believe the crap…well…that is the public’s fault, not theirs."

Sr woodchuck, are you sure Jason is David's son?

Just curious because David is certainly no Obama/ Demorats hack.

@righteousmomma!

In trying to find out info about J-HO, I did see that his father is David Horowitz....although maybe not that David Horowitz.

If someone has posted this before....my apologies...

H/T:iOTW

Hello Police Dept.? I would like to report someone broke into my home and stole all my firearms. X's 1,000,000.

@SrWoodchuck, I had also read this from Joseph Bottum, who also writes for First Things. I like him a lot and this is in some ways harsher.

@saveliberty!

Mr. Bottum, an author with 9 books.....including a new one coming out in 2014....has a degree in medieval studies. It makes good press to tweak a retiring Pope. That there are politics in the Vatican should surprise no one. Perception is relative & subjective. I can only say [based on the previous sentence] that I believe Cardinal Ratzinger was foremost a scholar & a writer, prior to being chosen to wear the miter of Peter. I have read many things about his health, including that he may already be blind in one eye. I wonder why it is necessary for anyone's salvation....that Pope Benedict must be required to die in the harness? Maybe he should be crucified upside-down to be most politically correct? God bless him that he did his best.

• Like 1

537892_582845131744944_283802787_n.jpg

H/T:TheoSpark

Prof Strips, Shows 9/11 Footage, Impales Stuffed Animal (VIDEO)

(Snip)

The bizarre episode lasted less than ten minutes. The Vimeo clip included the very first part of Hughes’ lecture, in which he told students that “in order to learn quantum mechanics, you have to strip to your raw, erase all the garbage from your brain and start over again. … Everything you do in your everyday life is totally opposite of what you are going to learn in quantum mechanics.”

(Snip)

Emlyn is right you know. Very creative of the good professor.

Another Business Visited by Obama Closes

DANIEL HALPER

Feb 19, 2013

Last week, it was announced that Ray's Hell Burger just outside Washington, D.C. would be closing its doors. A fan of the burger joint was President Obama, who had visited the location with his Russian counterpart.

Well, it's happened again. In August, Obama visited Star Brewery in Dubuque. And now a local publication reports that the business is closing its doors.

THonline.com reports:

(Snip)

This is probably a coincidence, but if Obama wants to visit your company, you might want to think long and hard.

• Like 2

41 Billion Reasons Not to Sweat the Sequester: 2013 Cuts Are $44 Billion, Not $85 Billion.

Nick Gillespie|

Feb. 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Scissors-32x32.png

-courtesy-john-b-taylor.jpg?h=248&w=350

courtesy John B. Taylor

Economist John B. Taylor charts what sequestration will look like when it comes to federal spending levels. The short version: A lot like federal spending levels absent sequestration, which is widely reported as reducing outlays in FY2013 by about $85 billion or so.

I will say here that while my politics are not the Vice President's and that we all say things that maybe don't come out the way we would like, that he is the one person in the administration who shows his humanity.

He's the one who answered Senator Mitch McConnell's call.

So yes, I enjoy the video but I am laughing with the Vice President. He may need a bit to catch up before he starts laughing too. That can happen to any of us.