Coffee Shop

Rheo

Talking-bird clue led to 'kidnapper' of US girl, five

Philadelphia police have arrested the alleged kidnapper of a five-year-old girl whose report of a talking bird helped lead them to the suspect.

Christina Regusters, 19, who is also charged with rape and other offences, worked at an after-school care programme attended by the victim.

The girl was taken from her school on 14 January by a woman, wearing a Muslim veil, posing as her mother.

Police say the victim was brought to a nearby home where a man was waiting.

The girl was found 18 hours later at a nearby park, shivering and wearing only a t-shirt. She told her rescuer: "I've been stolen."

Police said they took the girl to places around the neighbourhood as they searched for clues.

Tom Kline, a lawyer for the alleged victim's mother, said the girl's report of a talking bird in the house where she was held became a focal point of the investigation.

"This brave, innocent, precious little girl was instrumental in leading police literally to the door of the crime," he said.

Where's my Gun! angry.png

As my dad said....Horse Whippins To Good For Them.

In which I get ill with Juan Williams over accusation that I don’t care about victims of gun violence

Mary Katharine Ham

February 15, 2013

I don’t usually post video of myself, but this got a lot of reaction this morning. I imagine my visceral annoyance speaks for a lot of people being accused of not caring about children who die at the hands of murderers just because we happen to disagree with President Obama’s preferred federal remedies for said murders (most of which have already been implemented and failed spectacularly).

http://youtu.be/puxdaAJX2yM

(Snip)

righteousmomma

We have long been fans of Alabaman Mary Catherine Ham. She graduated from UGA like our daughter and SIL. but abt 10 years later. She is conservative and thus has common sense.

TS Eliot’s Prophetic Poem

February 15, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia

Scissors-32x32.png

T.S. Eliot has always been my favorite poet.

I don’t know anything about this man except that he reads it well, and apparently paints it, too.

The opening stanzas:

The Eagle soars in the summit of Heaven,

The Hunter with his dogs pursues his circuit.

O perpetual revolution of configured stars,

O perpetual recurrence of determined seasons,

O world of spring and autumn, birth and dying!

The endless cycle of idea and action,

Endless invention, endless experiment,

Brings knowledge of motion, but not of stillness;

Knowledge of speech, but not of silence;

Knowledge of words, and ignorance of the Word.

• Like 3

TS Eliot’s Prophetic Poem

February 15, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia

Scissors-32x32.png

T.S. Eliot has always been my favorite poet.

I don’t know anything about this man except that he reads it well, and apparently paints it, too.

The opening stanzas:

The Eagle soars in the summit of Heaven,

The Hunter with his dogs pursues his circuit.

O perpetual revolution of configured stars,

O perpetual recurrence of determined seasons,

O world of spring and autumn, birth and dying!

The endless cycle of idea and action,

Endless invention, endless experiment,

Brings knowledge of motion, but not of stillness;

Knowledge of speech, but not of silence;

Knowledge of words, and ignorance of the Word.

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

Ain't That The Truth!

• Like 1

Gun Companies to Law Enforcement in Anti-Gun States: We’re Not Doing Business With You Anymore

Leah Barkoukis

2/16/13

As the gun control debate rages on, we’ve seen a host of gun-rights advocates standing up for the Second Amendment. In addition to citizens, the NRA, the National Sheriffs Association and countless others, a number of companies—including gun manufacturers, sporting good retailers and gunsmiths—are now taking a stand by refusing to sell to law enforcement in New York and other states with restrictive gun laws.

The message in these companies’ statements is essentially about equality—local law enforcement and government agencies should not have rights that citizens do not. Thus, if states such as New York choose to adopt restrictive gun laws and exempt law enforcement from those laws, the companies will no longer serve them as customers. Breitbart compiled a list of the statements:

(Snip)

Gun Companies to Law Enforcement in Anti-Gun States: We're Not Doing Business With You Anymore

Leah Barkoukis

2/16/13

As the gun control debate rages on, we've seen a host of gun-rights advocates standing up for the Second Amendment. In addition to citizens, the NRA, the National Sheriffs Association and countless others, a number of companiesincluding gun manufacturers, sporting good retailers and gunsmithsare now taking a stand by refusing to sell to law enforcement in New York and other states with restrictive gun laws.

The message in these companies' statements is essentially about equalitylocal law enforcement and government agencies should not have rights that citizens do not. Thus, if states such as New York choose to adopt restrictive gun laws and exempt law enforcement from those laws, the companies will no longer serve them as customers. Breitbart compiled a list of the statements:

(Snip)

Plenty of land available in Georgia for their relocations.

Pension pitch; drop the Mike!

Feb 17, 2013

By

Howie Carr / Boston Herald

Scissors-32x32.png

Memo to the Chelsea Retirement Board: Don’t even think about it.

Don’t even consider giving the about-to-plead-guilty-to-felonies Mike McLaughlin a pension. He shouldn’t get even a “reduced” one of $128,000 or so that he would have been eligible for if he’d played by the rules, as impossible as that would be for the lifelong payroll patriot.

This may seem like a scenario not even worth discussing. But we are, after all, talking about Chelsea, Damascus on the Mystic. This is a city where McLaughlin, as head of the Chelsea Housing Authority, was for years able to pay himself an annual salary as high as $360,000 while telling his board that he was actually making $164,000.

Nobody ever checked.

He was setting himself up for a pension of $278,000 — $80,000 more than Billy Bulger. He wanted to be a Bulger and now McLaughlin gets his wish, only instead of Billy, he’s Whitey, spending his golden years in the can.

Edited by saveliberty

An abortion denied

Posted by guest blogger chuck aka xtnyoda

Scissors-32x32.png

A week ago I was in NE Arkansas helping conduct the funeral of a dear friend in ministry. While there a young lady in her 40s came up to me with her 9 year old granddaughter. It took about one second to remember her from 30+ years ago when I was her pastor.

I was in the hospital room with her back then, when the Dr. came in and told her they were going to need to abort her baby or she would die from some infection that had developed. She asked me to pray, then opened her eyes with tears streaming and said something like, "Then I will die. I am going to give this baby life.

Read the whole thing. Then also his comments:

You know, if we stick around long enough we get to see some pretty amazing things.
  • Like 2

righteousmomma

I was just reading the link to Save's post about an aborted abortion and was very moved. Especially since I would not be here either if my mother had not been a believer in the One True God which gives me the chance to paraphrase THE DISCIPLE MAKING CHURCH The author is a Presbyterian minister named Glenn McDonald:

So...

About 94 % of Americans polled say they believe in God.

Yet the vast majority live as " practical atheists" in that they live as if there is no God

The "only ness" of Jesus as the way to know God feels like a scandal to contemporary people.

In fact to post modern ears it sounds insane , puzzling, unreasonable, downright rude.

• Like 3