Coffee Shop

Rheo

A BRITISH police force is now recording attacks on goths and punks as "hate crimes" similar to those suffered by people targeted because of their race, religion or sexual orientation.

Police in Manchester in northwest England, say the new policy allows them to better protect goths, easily identified by their black clothes and pale make-up, and members of other "alternative sub-cultures".

LINK

OK, but then you would think almost everyone falls into some sort of smaller grouping. TRR posters, baseball players, musicians....

....old white ladies....

A BRITISH police force is now recording attacks on goths and punks as "hate crimes" similar to those suffered by people targeted because of their race, religion or sexual orientation.

Police in Manchester in northwest England, say the new policy allows them to better protect goths, easily identified by their black clothes and pale make-up, and members of other "alternative sub-cultures".

LINK

OK, but then you would think almost everyone falls into some sort of smaller grouping. TRR posters, baseball players, musicians....

....old white ladies....

Jeremy Irons is not happy with Mommy Mike.

From the Comments

lrjrj7 1 hour ago

it's amazing that we've gone down the road so far that a soda ban, or telling bar owners they must tell their paying customers not to engage in legal activity, I remember some politicians claiming it would increase their business! is the tragedy. Founders declared that maintaining the constitutional govt would require a "well informed citizenry", which we no longer have. That any of these legal transgressions of rights were not shamed out of public debate is the erosion of any public perception of individual freedoms and the proper, limited role of govt. Govt is very limited in their competence to manage our lives, which is one of the many compelling arguments for their role being limited to constitutional responsibilities. But voters vote for the public till, and the least conscientious among us will always favor big government.

I give this *****

• Like 1

LINK

....old white ladies....

LMFAO.gif

And I give this *****..

Good grief, that's a bad song! Who in the world ever told Bob Dylan he could sing? But it made me laugh. I'm sure lots of people spent money buying his albums. Were they still albums in those days?

There is a story told about about Jimi Hendrix, He decided to start singing after hearing Bob Dylan sing in London.

I never understood the popularity of Bob Dylan, he always struck me as a druggie that tried to sing and whine at the same time.

Good grief, that's a bad song! Who in the world ever told Bob Dylan he could sing? But it made me laugh. I'm sure lots of people spent money buying his albums. Were they still albums in those days?

There is a story told about about Jimi Hendrix, He decided to start singing after hearing Bob Dylan sing in London.

I never understood the popularity of Bob Dylan, he always struck me as a druggie that tried to sing and whine at the same time.

He's a wordsmith.

SrWoodchuck

He's a wordsmith.

Liked the movie, "Pat Garret & Billy the Kid," which used his songs in the soundtrack. He didn't do too bad as an actor in it either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQAWfsHkCY&feature=player_embedded

SrWoodchuck

Hi! I'm Representative Diana DeGette an I nose a hole grat big lots bout guns...and stuff.

This is the horrible hag that now represents our conservative district, due to "flagpole" redistricting by Dems.

Well if you see her, please give her my warmest regards. rolleyes.gif

Sorry, @Valin! I wouldn't be caught dead near her.....plus, she's the kind of anti-gun beeyotch, that has heavily armed security. If I was close enough to give her your warm regards.....I might yet be caught dead near.......well.....you know the rest....

Hi! I'm Representative Diana DeGette an I nose a hole grat big lots bout guns...and stuff.

This is the horrible hag that now represents our conservative district, due to "flagpole" redistricting by Dems.

Well if you see her, please give her my warmest regards. rolleyes.gif

Sorry, @Valin! I wouldn't be caught dead near her.....plus, she's the kind of anti-gun beeyotch, that has heavily armed security. If I was close enough to give her your warm regards.....I might yet be caught dead near.......well.....you know the rest....

sniff sniff I'll just have to learn to live with the disappointment.

I can'k talk about it more right now...the Pain is still too fresh.

SrWoodchuck

DeGette Doubles Down on Dimwit [from the link below]

Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette, a lead sponsor of the federal ban on personal defense-capacity magazines showed a Denver Post forum she doesn’t have a clue as to what it is she wants to ban, and the “clarifying” statement made by her spokeswoman served to confirm the ignorance of both women.

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available,” DeGette claimed when asked how a ban would help reduce violence committed with firearms.”

“Oh no my car is out of gas! I better buy a new gas tank!” commentator “ParkerGuy” posted under the article, wittily illustrating the level of what should be criminal ignorance under which DeGette is operating.

A spokeswoman trying to deflect well-deserved ridicule and criticism made things worse in an issued statement, calling it “political gamesmanship” by “opponents of common-sense gun violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals.

“The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years, and has been deeply involved in the issue,” Juliet Johnson said. “She simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism….”

http://www.examiner....man-s-ignorance

DeGette Doubles Down on Dimwit [from the link below]

The Rule Of Holes...When you find yourself on a hole the 1st thing you should do is Stop Digging.

Remarks by the President at a DNC Event -- Atherton, CA

We still waste money in all kinds of things that don't work, and we have the capacity to shift those dollars into things that do work and that will grow our economy. And we can reduce our deficit, stabilize our debt, and do so without sacrificing the kinds of investments that are going to be required to grow

WOW! I am in awe of your willingness to speak truth to power.

And people say you are dumber than a post....Pshaw....let me just take this opportunity to say you are the intellectual equal of any post I've ever seen! So don't let them get you down, keep making these bold deeply insightful statements and soon we will be out of this wilderness and moving onto those broad sunlit uplands.

• Like 4

Roger Ebert: First citizen critic and father to us all

What an inane headline on the LATimes article on Ebert's death.

Don't you love it when the intellectual elite (especially those in the media and show biz) tell us how we feel and "should" think?