Coffee Shop

Rheo

Young, Liberal and Open to Big Government

SHERYL GAY STOLBERG

2/10/13

MISSOULA, Mont. — This funky college town, nestled along two rivers where five mountain ranges converge, has long been a liberal pocket, an isolated speck of blue in a deeply red state. Now Montana is electing more politicians who lean that way, thanks to a different-minded generation of young voters animated by the recession and social issues.

Sam Thompson, a 22-year-old environmental studies major at the University of Montana here, considers himself “fiscally conservative” but opposes cuts to Medicare; he expects to need health coverage when he grows old. Aaron Curtis, 27, a graduate student, admired Jon Huntsman, a moderate Republican, but could not stomach Mitt Romney’s opposition to same-sex marriage.

(Snip)

What can I say except....

DFL: Above The Rules

(Snip)

Video of registered gun-grabber lobbyist Heather Martens introducing a bill for “Representative” Alice Hausman last week at the Capitol.

The DFL – including committee chair Michael Paymar, the night of the hearings – claim that lobbyists speak the the committee all the time.

But this isn’t just “speaking to the committee”. This is introducing a bill for consideration by our elected representatives.

(Snip)

Vid at link

Don't worry, the city will protect you

David Hardy

11 February 2013

Strangely, NYC doesn't take that position in court. A madman kills four, NYPD manhunt follows. Two officers are in a subway cab when the madman enters the car, and they do nothing to stop him. He stabs a passenger right next to them, who in turn wrestles him down, at which point the NYPD folks finally emerge. Now he sues the city, and it of course argues that it has no legal duty to protect the citizenry.

Will you post it when it is available, @Valin? The fireside hangout, I mean.

Remind me....I have Someheimer's. That and I am so easily distracted by bright shiny things

Once again Google is "pimping for the Prez".

The link to "this" is the feature on Google's main search page.

I think that the headline says it all... "State of the Union: Fireside Hangout with President Obama".

Kinda like he's a cross between FDR and SnoopDog.

https://plus.google....qlq4bkk6lo8sml8

Scissors-32x32.png

"Once again Google is "pimping for the Prez"."

@NCTexan

Obama as pimp is actually a good metaphor, too. The service providers might be forced to moved from a corner but reappear a few blocks away. A few johns are arrested but life goes on. The pimp never gets arrested, instead he just gets the proceeds. Society goes tsk tsk and looks the other way.

"Once again Google is "pimping for the Prez"."

@NCTexan

Obama as pimp is actually a good metaphor, too. The service providers might be forced to moved from a corner but reappear a few blocks away. A few johns are arrested but life goes on. The pimp never gets arrested, instead he just gets the proceeds. Society goes tsk tsk and looks the other way.

An appropriate metaphor @Pepper.

e9dfec7c-ed2c-48d2-ad2a-f4f43a081d52_zps29b51a2f.jpg

Sorry, guys. I've stayed away from the tube & the net for a few days.....hoping to find a nook of sanity in a few books. I hadn't noticed that she'd crawled out from under her rock. It's amazing aggravating that the American Sheople have seen fit to re-elect her.

• Like 1

@SrWoodchuck

I'm guessing that your respect for the current occupant of the White House is dwindling these days.

LMFAO.gif Understatement of the day. Not that it (respect) was all that high to begin with, no doubt.

Edited for clarity, which is always a good thing.

Edited by nickydog