Coffee Shop

Rheo

I guess I have a low tolerance for blather....or what I consider blather.

Ha! I sort of guessed that...I bet you LOVE dinner parties where you don't know anyone. wink.png

The only redeeming features of a night like that is not having to cook.

Or clean up after.

• Like 1

Fan sells Jim Carrey autographed picture on eBAY to fund firearm for safety

Jessica Chasmar

An eBAY seller will be auctioning off his autographed picture of Jim Carrey in order to buy a Glock to protect his family.

“I’m selling this Jim Carrey Autographed B&W 8X10 Photo (mint condition) in hopes that I sell it for enough to buy a GUN to protect my family,” the listing reads, which was posted by a seller going by the name “astrobuzz.”

“I’m thinking of getting the Glock G30S .45 ACP Pistol which retails for $640 U.S.,” he continues. “Hopefully I can get at least that much for the autographed photo. If it sells for more than I’ll get a laser sight for it and take some gun safety classes and get my concealed carry’ permit.”

(Snip)

righteousmomma

Since the last election results I can barely stand to listen to anyone - even Rush who used to be my mandatory listen and read. I just happened to catch some of his monologue concerning Toure on MSNBC.

Since Rush has banned MSNBC from any airplay on his show he did post the MSNBC video link to Toure's opinion on Republicans and Dr. Carson.

Like the fool I am I watched.

I have recovered enough from my queasiness and urge to scream to post some of Rush's long rebuttal:

RUSH: I saw something. I don't have the audio on it because I have instituted a ban on anything that happens on MSNBC, and I'm not lifting the ban even for this. But when I saw this last night, I have to tell you I just got viscerally sad. I became depressed and I didn't try to disguise it. I just... It was a feeling of utter frustration at what is happening in our country, particularly culturally. There is a personality on MSNBC whose name is Toure. He's black, and he is a young fool.

He is a classic example of somebody who is dangerous precisely because of what he thinks he knows that isn't right, and he took it upon himself to try to destroy Dr. Ben Carson. He did it in a vile, almost uncivilized manner. The things that he said about Ben Carson were just filthy. They were despicable. It was worse than calling him an Uncle Tom. What depressed me was that Toure -- this young fool Toure -- doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation with Ben Carson. This Toure could live a thousand years; he'll never be anywhere near what Ben Carson is.

And he doesn't get called on any of this trash that he talks.

RUSH: No, I'm not going to play any of the audio from this Toure person on MSNBC. His name is Toure Neblett. He's one of these guys that goes by the first name Toure, and he's just a young fool. An arrogant, condescending young fool. And, of course, he's afraid of Ben Carson.

Now, we talked about this last week. The Democrats and the Drive-By Media do not have anything on Ben Carson yet. They got nothing on him. He's stellar. He is an ideal citizen. He's a wonderful human being. He performs surgery on the brains of babies. He saves lives. He has, as you all know now, an up-from-nothing story from Detroit, which is inspirational in every way the Democrat Party does not want African Americans to hear, and that's why Ben Carson is a threat. Ben Carson shows another way. He illustrates a route to success, productivity, contentment, citizenship that African Americans are told is not possible in this racist slave state known as the United States.

Now, to his credit, Ben Carson said, "If you don't have anything useful to say then you attack people. If you feel that your house of cards has been discovered and is starting to come unraveled, you become very desperate. Intelligent people tend to talk about the facts. They don't sit around and call each other names. That's what you can find on a third grade playground." And that's exactly right. MSNBC is a third grade playground and it's recess all the time and there are not any teachers.

Addressing the racial aspects of his detractors, Carson said, "They feel if that you look a certain way then you have to stay on the plantation." He said that he's been called an Uncle Tom. He rejects the term not for its racist context. He rejects the Uncle Tom label on the basis of its inaccuracy. He said obviously these young fools don't even know what an Uncle Tom is. In the novel Uncle Tom was very subservient, kind of "go along to get along" type of guy. And Ben Carson said (paraphrasing), "That isn't what I am. I'm not subservient to anybody and I'm not bending and shaping and just floating along to try to get along." That's what Toure Neblett is, is an Uncle Tom, in the classic definition. Subservient, go along to get along, do what you have to do to survive and get fame and prominence in the Democrat Party. Basically just be a despicable human being.

RUSH: We actually have Ben Carson responding to some of these vile insults that are coming his way. He was on with Megyn Kelly on Fox yesterday afternoon and she said, "Do you think that the people who just dismiss you as a token have a prejudice of their own?"

CARSON: They feel that if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation. I've heard that some people referred to me as an Uncle Tom. Obviously they don't know what an Uncle Tom is. They need to read Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin to see that he was very subservient, kind of go-along-to-get-along type person. Obviously that's not what I'm doing. And what the left frequently does -- and some aspects of the right, too -- is they try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent. I'm trying to get people to speak up because, you know, this country is changing into something else and we need to make sure that that we really want to change into something else and not just end up there and ask ourselves how did we get there.

RUSH: That's pretty, pretty on point. The country's changing. One day people are going to wake up and say, "How the hell did this happen?" That's exactly right. In fact, some of you are probably sitting around saying, "I can't wait for that to happen." You can't wait for the day when all these young fools demanding all this stuff finally get it, and then it all falls apart on them and they wonder, "Well, what happened?" and you just say, "Well, we tried to tell you."

• Like 1

@righteousmomma. I got depressed just reading that, so I will not dredge up the clip. I have not listened to Rush or any of the other talk show hosts since the election. Can only take so much. But, Rush is feeling the "utter frustration" and depression that the rest of us do, is really a downer. He, over the years, has tried to keep everyone upbeat. If he can no longer find anything to be upbeat about.......I just don't knowsad.png

• Like 1

Occasionally I am able to listen to Rush now, and I wouldn't say he is feeling depressed. I think he is still in a fighting spirit and continues to make a lot of good points.

Edited to add; Granted, he said Toure depressed him, but even Rush is human. No one should listen to Toure.

Edited by nickydog

@righteousmomma. I got depressed just reading that, so I will not dredge up the clip. I have not listened to Rush or any of the other talk show hosts since the election. Can only take so much. But, Rush is feeling the "utter frustration" and depression that the rest of us do, is really a downer. He, over the years, has tried to keep everyone upbeat. If he can no longer find anything to be upbeat about.......I just don't knowsad.png

OTOH If Dr. Carson was not an effective speaker they would ignore him. That a racist like Toure is attacking you...that's a badge of honor.

heavy_flak_over_leuna___1944_by_zulumike-d5son3c.jpg

If You're Taking Flack....You Must Be Over The Target.

• Like 3

HUGE MAJOR SHOCKING NEWS ALERT!

There are unthinking hypocrites in hollywood

@JimCarrey

'Cold Dead Hand' is abt u heartless motherf%ckers unwilling 2 bend 4 the safety of our kids.Sorry if you're offended…

This Vid is allegedly very funny and supposedly powerful

Cold Dead Hand

One Answer

Dear Mr. Carrey

Thank very much for your input on this most timely subject.

Rest assured I will give it all the consideration it so richly merits.

Yours

Valin

It is amazing to see ol' John on RedEye. He does have a sense of humor and always seems to enjoy himself on the show.

With Easter almost here, I have a question that I hope every one will accept as an honest question and not ant--anything. I am truly not trying to be a smart-ass.

My question--why was the entire physical body of Jesus resurrected? Why not just his spirit/soul?

So that we ( humans) are also resurrected. Jesus the Christ was the new Adam.

Thanks, but my question was why his entire physical body?

Our physical bodies will also be resurrected.

The one we have now or can we pick a better time?

sorry, just my sorry humor. bag.gif

• Like 2

http://youtu.be/_D3AWugaSZw

March 28, 2013 - Piers Morgan's show got heated on Thursday night when he invited Dana Loesch, Grover Norquist, and Van Jones to debate gun control. At one point in the segment, Loesch and Morgan grew especially frustrated as Loesch pressed the CNN host on where he draws the line on the number of gun deaths that are okay. Morgan went off the "outrageous" and "insensitive" NRA leadership, going on to cite statistics about gun-related deaths in the country, compared to those in other countries with stronger gun laws. Often making this comparison on the show in the past, Morgan stressed that those countries have "negligible" gun-related deaths. How, he asked, can that be explained in "any rational way"?

(Snip)

clearvision

I hear Austin is on the target map for North Korea's Nukes that they released in photos to the world press. Guess better start evacuation plans.

I've always wondered about that. Which one will God choose? biggrin.png

I would also point out it presents a small problem for out atheist brothers and sisters....What happened to the body?

There was a body, everyone saw it go in the tomb, a great big mother lovin stone rolled in front, a nice little guard detail standing watch....then 3 days later No Body in the tomb....its a mystery. smile.png

Tip of the hat to Josh McDowell.

What with the terrible awful evil budget cuts those nasty wicked Republicans are forcing that nice Barack Obama to make, I know people are asking themselves just how are Malia and Sasha bearing up under these draconian cuts. Well Have No Fear Some how they are managing to go on with their lives.

SrWoodchuck

What with the terrible awful evil budget cuts those nasty wicked Republicans are forcing that nice Barack Obama to make, I know people are asking themselves just how are Malia and Sasha bearing up under these draconian cuts. Well Have No Fear Some how they are managing to go on with their lives.

Go Malaria & Sushi!

SrWoodchuck

I've always wondered about that. Which one will God choose? biggrin.png

I don't think the Creator would skimp on resurrecting bodies. I've always understood the resurrection of the body to be at the prime of your life, but if you will not want for anything, why would that matter. Maybe it will be when you felt the most at peace, or clear minded, satisfied, etc.

I remember reading in the Old Testament, about a prophet that the One God had promised, would deliver His people by creating an army from the bones of long dead, Jewish warriors. As the prophet watched...old bones grew sinew, then skin & then became animated....all while a great wind blew & the sounds of thunder abounded.

• Like 1