Coffee Shop

Rheo

biggrin.png Good thinking to do the math, @Valin.

Never had this problem, never heard of this problem.

Now I could make a comment about size mattering.....but I have too much class for that sort of thing. smile.png

Arkansas Gov. Candidate: Full Scholarships to Students with 2.5 GPAs

Andrew Johnson

March 20, 2013

Arkansas high-schoolers with C-averages could soon be in for a windfall: Under one Democratic gubernatorial candidate’s education plan, they would qualify for a full ride at the state’s public universities.

According to his website, former lieutenant governor Bill Halter wants to let any high-school student “who works hard to make good grades” — apparently Razorback for a 2.5 GPA or higher — to attend one of the state’s public universities completely tuition-free......(Snip)

DARE To Be Average!!!

clearvision

Now I could make a comment about size mattering.....but I have too much class for that sort of thing. smile.png

Well @Valin as I'm sure you know as you get older you reduce your odds of injury by just not remembering to zip up in the first place....

Well @Valin as I'm sure you know as you get older you reduce your odds of injury by just not remembering to zip up in the first place....

Harrumph!

SrWoodchuck

Catholic Anti-Abortion Commercial Featuring Obama

Did you say Anti-Abortion.....when I saw it, I thought it might be a Planned Barrenhood plug....

Turkey arrests extremist wanted by Germany

3/22/13

BERLIN (AP) — A security official says an Islamic extremist who has allegedly called for terrorist attacks on Europe has been arrested in Turkey and Germany will seek his extradition.(Snip)

Mahmoud, who was jailed in his native Austria in 2007 for ties to al-Qaida, moved to Germany upon his release in 2011 and became an imam with the ultraconservative Salafi movement.

He was expelled from Germany in 2012 and resurfaced in Egypt where he is alleged to have produced online German-language videos for the Global Islamic Media Front calling for terrorist attacks in Europe.

Rick Sanchez now working for Fox and spouting conservative views?blink.png A case of which side your bread is buttered on I guess.

SrWoodchuck

Man impersonating pilot arrested on US Airways flight

(He looks like a pilot to me ... flying on meth)sarcasm

US Airway....the Edsel of the Airlines. We took USAir back & forth for my fathers funeral. Going into Phoenix "SkyHarbor," they were 20 minutes later than our 45 minute layover. That meant that we had to run [with our carry-on stuff] for nearly a mile [did use the mobile sidewalks] and we just made our connecting flight.....because the flight crew had not yet arrived [still in the "SkyLounge" having one for the road?] Coming back, we had to leave the "SkyHarbor" terminal, take a 15 minute shuttle bus ride to a new terminal & go through the TSA Gropers Portal again. We were again late to DIA, and almost lost our [pre-paid] ground transportation.

• Like 1

clearvision

So FAA wants to close 150 or so Air Traffic Control towers because of the sequester.... 2 of them opened last year and were built brand new with stimulus money...

SrWoodchuck

So FAA wants to close 150 or so Air Traffic Control towers because of the sequester.... 2 of them opened last year and were built brand new with stimulus money...

The "people" have voted & must now be punished....elections have consequences...gee, what other silly comment would go good here?

Thought: The national highway system was originally done to aid troop movement. Will the closed airports be for DHS or BPP....or whatever civilian police force?

Son at DFW says rumor is they are going to take some of their controllers off just to show they can to make everybody mad about the sequester. He has so many years of senority he's not really worried about it yet

clearvision

The "people" have voted & must now be punished....elections have consequences...gee, what other silly comment would go good here?

Thought: The national highway system was originally done to aid troop movement. Will the closed airports be for DHS or BPP....or whatever civilian police force?

Most of these will not be closed airports. The will just have unmanned towers. Many small airports don't have towers and pilots coordinate their own take off/landings.