Coffee Shop

Rheo

Stephanie Cutter: No regrets about accusing Romney of possibly committing a felony

Cutter looked back on her time on the campaign trail and news-making moments, such as when she said that Mitt Romney was either possibly guilty of a felony for misrepresenting his position at Bain Capital after 1999 to the SEC or guilty of misrepresenting his position to the American people. ”I don’t regret saying it. It’s the truth,” Cutter said.

“What I said was there were a series of documents that came out, that came to light in a news report that showed that Romney had signed SEC documents alleging that he was in charge of Bain Capital from 1999 to 2001, when he alleged he wasn’t in change of Bain Capital, and that he was off running the Olympics. But he was signing these documents as the chairman, president, CEO and sole owner of Bain Capital to the federal government. So only one of two things could be true… either he’s not telling the truth to the SEC or he’s not telling the truth to the American people. If he’s not telling the truth to the SEC, then that could be a felony. That’s exactly what I said.”

Link

Say, where are those ObamaCare premium price cuts?

Ed Morrissey

2/11/13

Want to know how to tell you’re going to have a bad day in Washington? A man walks up to you and says, “Hi, I’m Jason Mattera, and I want to ask you a question.” Actually, since Jason is a friend of mine, that would be a good day for me, but not so much for politicians. Jason, the senior investigative reporter for Talk Radio Network and a New York Times best-selling author, gave Hot Air an exclusive first look at his latest video produced for the Andrea Tantaros Show, which features Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) attempting to walk away from a good question — whatever happened to those health-care premiums price cuts Barack Obama and Democrats promised when they passed ObamaCare three years ago?

McDermott’s answer is priceless:

(Snip)

• Like 1

Ted Nugent to join Stockman at State of the Union

WASHINGTON – Musician and gun advocate Ted Nugent will be Congressman Steve Stockman’s guest at Tuesday evening’s State of the Union Address by President Barack Obama. Nugent will be available to speak to the media before and after the Address.

“I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama,” said Stockman. “After the Address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.”

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

For those who are unable to resist the pain and agony tomorrow night there will be a live thread. Don't expect much action and we can just bypass the drinking games and just drink.

For those who are unable to resist the pain and agony tomorrow night there will be a live thread. Don't expect much action and we can just bypass the drinking games and just drink.

Fortunately Mr.n. and I will be at a basketball game.

Insulting: Marines Forced to Dismantle their Empty Parade Rifles for Obama’s Second Inauguration Parade

http://nicedeb.wordp...uration-parade/

Scissors-32x32.png

As Bob Owens so aptly put it, this is a slap in the face of the Corps:

“Didn’t know the Marines had to take the bolts out of their rifles for the Inaugural,” an email forwarded to Gun Rights Examiner from a United States Marine Corps source observed. “Wonder if someone can explain why [they] would be marching in the inaugural parade with no bolts in their rifles!”

The email linked to a YouTube video of the 57th Presidential Inaugural Parade, embedded in this column, featuring Bravo Company Marines from the Marine Barracks Washington. Sure enough, the observation in the email is confirmed by watching the video, with screen shots provided in the photo and slide show accompanying this article.

This prompted an internet search to see if others had also noticed, and the Blur-Brain blog had.

“The bolts have been removed from the rifles rendering them unable to fire a round,” the post stated. “Apparently Obama’s Secret Service doesn’t trust the USMC. Simply searching each guy to make sure he didn’t have a live round hidden on him wasn’t enough, they had to make sure the guns were inoperable.Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma

Thanks for scheduling the live thread. Unfortunately bof of us have scheduled non prep colonoscopies for that time period. They should end in time for the rebuttal.

Some of us are starting early.

Well shoot! I have to work late tonight and will miss the SOTU address. Mr. P will the be responsible for making dinner and relaxing so he will not be available tonight either.

I understand though that Obama is going to have a laser like focus on jobs! What a shock! I never heard that from him in the first term!

Has anyone been following the Jodi Arias trial? That girl would make Linda Lovelace blush. The testimony is XXX rated.

No, but after taking a quick look (Arias Tells Jurors Slain Lover Was Turned On By Boys) I'm really glad I'm not.

Dorner is pinned down in a house/houses in Big Bear. Two more cops shot. Helicopters flying over giving away cops locations as they sneak up along walls of one house.