Coffee Shop

Rheo

SHOCKING NEWS ALERT!!!

Ray Nagin, former New Orleans mayor, indicted on 21 corruption charges

1/18/13

(AP) NEW ORLEANS - Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin was indicted Friday on charges that he used his office for personal gain, accepting payoffs, free trips and gratuities from contractors while the city was struggling to recover from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.

The charges against Nagin are the outgrowth of a City Hall corruption investigation that already has resulted in guilty pleas by two former city officials and two businessmen and a prison sentence for a former city vendor.

The federal indictment accuses Nagin of accepting more than $160,000 in bribes and truckloads of free granite for his family business in exchange for promoting the interests of a local businessman who secured millions of dollars in city contract work after the 2005 hurricane. The businessman, Frank Fradella, pleaded guilty in June to bribery conspiracy and securities-fraud charges and has been cooperating with federal authorities.

(Snip)

Words cannot express my shock and surprise at this.

. School Bus Nagin

the genius mayor of new orleans who, instead of evacuating stranded citizens from his city with unused city buses, let the busses sit in a parking lot.

me: i hope school bus nagin not taking responsibility...

tom: do you really think you should call him that?

me: your right, at least a school bus can pull its own weight and serve a purpose.

I found this letter from Nancy Reagan to John Hinckley, somewhere on the net, and thought you'd like to read it....very profound....

To: John Hinckley

My family and I wanted to drop you a short note to tell you how pleased we are with the great strides you are making in your recovery. In our country's spirit of understanding and forgiveness, we want you to know that we bear no grudge against you for shooting Ronnie.

We are fully aware that mental stress and pain could have driven you to such an act of desperation. We're confident that you will soon make a complete recovery and return to your family to join the world again as a healthy and productive man.

Best wishes,

Nancy Reagan & Family

P.S. While you have been incarcerated, Barack Obama has been banging Jodie Foster like a screen door in a tornado. You might want to look into that.

• Like 2

Courageous Pennsylvania School Officials Nab 5-Year Old Terrorist

Dan Mitchell

1/19/13

(Snip)

Aparently, the pencil-neck bureaucrats in Pennsylvania are jealous that their neighbors are getting a lot of attention, so they’ve branded a five-year old girl as a terrorist threat for talking about her pink toy gun that shoots bubbles.

Yes, bubbles.

Here are some of the absurd details from a local news report.

41u01GyVDbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Snip)

Dan Mitchell

1/19/13

(Snip)

Aparently, the pencil-neck bureaucrats in Pennsylvania are jealous that their neighbors are getting a lot of attention, so they've branded a five-year old girl as a terrorist threat for talking about her pink toy gun that shoots bubbles.

Yes, bubbles.

(Snip)

Sigh.

Dan Mitchell

1/19/13

(Snip)

Aparently, the pencil-neck bureaucrats in Pennsylvania are jealous that their neighbors are getting a lot of attention, so they've branded a five-year old girl as a terrorist threat for talking about her pink toy gun that shoots bubbles.

Yes, bubbles.

(Snip)

They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselvesangry.png

No-Bang-for-the-Bucks.jpg

H/T: Stilton Jarlsberg via iOTW

http://hopenchangecartoons.blogspot.com/2013/01/no-bang-for-buck.html

Barack Obama, surrounded by kids, spoke to the American people on Wednesday to tell them about the many gun restrictions he's putting in place by Executive decree - and the larger ones he wants Congress to pass - in order to help non-aborted children live long enough to pay off the trillion-dollar debts he's running up.

The president's actions were theoretically spurred by the many letters he receives from children, which is certainly credible as most of his policies appear to be directed by those who are totally unschooled in math, history, or the Constitution.